Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times

Advertisements

I person that is not complete, can not come to another person, and say make me whole---won't happen.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Uhm, no, that's just your opinion.

My goodness this thread has devolved into a freak show of strange opinions.

By the way, Jane Seymour had twins at age 44

Cheryl Tiegs had twins at 52

One of the sexiest women alive (in my opinion), Mariska Hargitay, had her son when she was 44

I'd say these are all some pretty hot mammas!
Hi Jill61,

Um, no. Its most men's opinion. I am not some idiot who's factual view on life is swayed by polite delusions. Its in any evolutionary psychology you can find. Since I am trained in research psychology, I think I rely on that instead of out of context Hollywood glamor. As I rapidly continue down the path to my own decrepitude, I will find another muse just as I did in my 20s and not pretend my prime is an endless plateau. We age. We die.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi solytaire,

I did not think you aimed it at me at all. I just wanted to express where I am in all of this. One thing that made me decide to marry was to add supply to a decent woman. I can get a little feral doing things where women are completely absent. I think I forgot about them for awhile. I basically like women even as some do occasionally pierce the veil of tolerance.
I agree..it is very easy to become content without a relationship with a woman. Unfettered sex with women and no commitment is very alluring. Its easy to fall into a lifestyle of routine and complacency within those bounds. Some even posit that a man is not a man until he has committed to a woman and started a family. They say it is the ultimate measure of responsibility and manly duty. I wouldnt fully agree with it, but nevertheless the idea exists.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Hi solytaire,

Let me disabuse any notion that I gloat over this. I am a dying relic of monogamous male who thinks he can go toe to toe with a womanizer. However I kept the woman I seduced and am off the market. Its a warning about what is happening and what will happen. A relative few men(cads) have most of the women. That is why young women are as a group more promiscuous. It creates an illusion of the real supply of attractive men. Women were unavailable to seduce. Now a 30 year old cad can easily seduce young women. Was there ever a time better for a womanizer?

Women are most physically attractive in their prime years between 16-26. Its just the facts. If we are talking about women who want men, I don't think the sperm bank applies. That does not mean they are unattractive when they are older but ,in general, the same woman will be more physically attractive in her prime. The love a man develops for a woman also makes up this difference.

That does not even consider things like how much time she has to accumulate sexual partners. Men who wish to commit also look down the road. So its even worse for commitment type of men. Nature once again is at work. Since a monogamous man has only one female, she needs to be fertile longer.
If women don't want long term relationships and drop their standards as they go on, they can ignore the above.

Moving along to 30s and 40s there are fewer men. We die faster. So a women who wants the best man for an LTR should do what? Wait until she is out of her prime and make certain that their are fewer men to choose from? When no one knows you, you are a dating commodity. Once someone knows you, you have some degree of monopoly power.

I am not amused by any of it.
I don't think that many men die before their 40s. Women don't get married earlier because they are doing other things and they don't want to be married then. If they did so before they were ready they would most likely be miserable and the marriages would fail.

The pool of decent older men is not so small because they are dead, it's because they are shallow and won't date women their own age. There's a big difference between a 20 year old being stupid and shallow due to immaturity and a 40 year old being that way. Many older men who only date younger admit they have intimacy issues, and do it to feel younger themselves, rather than to have a genuine relationship, so the women who feel they are missing out are not missing much. Guys who have intimacy problems and denial about aging? No thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't think that many men die before their 40s. Women don't get married earlier because they are doing other things and they don't want to be married then. If they did so before they were ready they would most likely be miserable and the marriages would fail.

The pool of decent older men is not so small because they are dead, it's because they are shallow and won't date women their own age. There's a big difference between a 20 year old being stupid and shallow due to immaturity and a 40 year old being that way. Many older men who only date younger admit they have intimacy issues, and do it to feel younger themselves, rather than to have a genuine relationship, so the women who feel they are missing out are not missing much. Guys who have intimacy problems and denial about aging? No thanks.
I agree with most of this...and I think a lot of younger women who date older men sometimes have daddy issues. This comes as no surprise considering the rate of out of wedlock births and single parent households.

But the one thing I would disagree with is that as people age men become less abundant. It is a scientific fact that as we age, fewer men are left for women to be with. This occurs due to war, disease, male mortality rates as a result of risky living in younger years, and crime.

Last edited by solytaire; 12-02-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post

Can you say.....fulltime photoshop staff? These fine ladies you have provided examples of, willnever allow a non-edited, extreme makeover photo to be released publicly. I.E. they're fake.
Ridiculous. You see these women on television and film all the time, and while they certainly wear makeup, not every frame is "photoshopped", and their beauty shines through.

Fine, you want un-retouched photos of a woman beyond the "prime" age of 26? I'll give you me:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...l-collage.html

Every single solitary image in that collage was taken between the ages of 35 and 40.

I was 41 when I got married:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...6080-jill.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwynedd1

Hi Jill61,

Um, no. Its most men's opinion.
Uhm, how did this contradict what I said? You first claimed you were stating a FACT. I contradicted you by saying it was merely an OPINION. Now you come back and say it's an OPINION.

Duh.

And let's just say I doubt you have any research to back up your OPINION. You're certainly free to hold it, but don't pretend to speak for the majority of men.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

Hi tamajane,

Interesting how you see that men are the problem. The 40 to 20 age gap is a red herring. A 40 year old man will more typically seek early 30s when there are age gaps. That is hardly immature. Do you have anything to say to these women? I know one 28 year old on this board with a 40 year old "liar". Why don't you tell her what you think. What you want is the best men in this age group. I work with 2 single 40 year old men. I don't think woman are interested. I will bet some of these men were turned down by these women at that age.

As to available men. See for yourself. That does not include incarceration which exacerbates it.

Population Distribution by Age, Race, Nativity, and Sex Ratio, 1860–2005 — Infoplease.com

If you want to be choosy. Choose in your prime.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ridiculous. You see these women on television and film all the time, and while they certainly wear makeup, not every frame is "photoshopped", and their beauty shines through.

Fine, you want un-retouched photos of a woman beyond the "prime" age of 26? I'll give you me:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...l-collage.html

Every single solitary image in that collage was taken between the ages of 35 and 40.

I was 41 when I got married:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...6080-jill.html Uhm, how did this contradict what I said? You first claimed you were stating a FACT. I contradicted you by saying it was merely an OPINION. Now you come back and say it's an OPINION.

Duh.

Quote:

And let's just say I doubt you have any research to back up your OPINION. You're certainly free to hold it, but don't pretend to speak for the majority of men.
Jill61,

You look great in your photo BTW.

Was I born yesterday?

Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature

Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature | Psychology Today

Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:

Jill61,

You look great in your photo BTW.

Was I born yesterday?

Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature

Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature | Psychology Today
Well, I don't know if you were born yesterday, but you certainly haven't accumulated enough debate skills to understand the difference between fact and opinion. As a case in point, you present an article in an attempt to prove your assertions about women and beauty. Yet the article you provide is nothing more than an excerpt from a larger volume, which is also little more than -- wait for it -- OPINION. Here's what one reader had to say about it:
Quote:
This work is one of the most scientifically irresponsible psychology books I have read. Unsupported theories are consistently presented as fact, correlation is deemed sufficient to infer causation, and authors explicitly dismiss the fact that their work is not politically correct, which would be acceptable if their data were actually factual.

Amazon.com: Psych_54321's review of Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters: ...
So, next time you're asked for research that supports your claims, you might want to try to provide actual research and not just more opinion pieces that happen to agree with you.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
You Kids get a room already--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships