Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

What is amazing is when the institutions of monogamy were dismantled that everyone thought it would just fall into place the same way. Men in the past could not get to young girls who were protected by their families and the societal norms. It is easy to seduce young women for men who have the ability. I should have known when I was 18 when a guy told me he had 6 girl friends. I am sure they were all happy at the time.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-07-2009 at 04:43 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM

437 posts, read 674,962 times
God, I'm having WAAAAY to much fun with this thread:

Thank but you didn't answer my question, or at least that's not what I was askre because she isn't in her "prime" as you see it?

Pretty much. Hey, I'll still have sex and date a woman in her late 30's and even early 40's depending on her looks but yes, she's past her prime. Based on mating value, men rate women based on attractiveness, youth, and fertility. A pleasant personality (as opposed to an entitlement or bitchy personality) is nice. Ability to provide is irrelevant. Oh sure, it's nice date a woman who can provide her herself (it's convienent) but it doens't raise her attractiveness.

Personality, income, experience... that are all things that women find attractive in men but not the other way around. They're not to have but down on the list. Oprah has lots of money and world traveling but I wouldn't date her in a million years... and she's a BILLIONARE!

Do people think that women in their late 30s - early 40s have no interest in sex?
Right back at you: do you think that men in their 20's to 30's have no interest in sex? Yet you and other women ignored most of them. Heck, you even campaign to restrict their sexuality by outlawing prostitution and passing IMBRA to make it harder to find foreign wives as well as bring them to the US.

Cry me a river.

I have news for folks who keep going on about women in their 20s as being a better pick sexually.

They are: younger, firmer, more beautiful with unlined skin and no celulite.

I am a much better lover now
I'll take my chances. Also, the best lover in the world is meaningless if I'm not attracted to her.

and I happen to think that at this point in my life I should enjoy and respect my sexuality.
We should ALL be able to enjoy and respect our sexuality but it doesn't work that way. Be glad that you got the chances you did- it's more than most men got. And you STILL can do so... just with older men or are you going to tell us that their sexuality is not to be respected and enjoyed?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39
I have to eat, I have to put a roof over my head, I have to earn a living. I can't drop everything and move to a place without an income for me, then just sit there and wait for a man to show up. I'm past my prime, remember?

Yes, they do disappear all of the time. This has happened to me any number of times. I think a part of it is that they know they have the upper hand, and that there are any number of us ready willing and able to date them. So instead of giving you a shot and seeing what may develop, they vanish when the next thing comes along.

To be fair, I probably did the same damn thing when I was in my early twenties. I'm sure there are plenty of guys I only dated a couple of times then moved on, even though there was nothing wrong with them. Looks like the chickens have come home to roost!

No no no! No chickens! It's not the same thing.

It is EXACTLY the same thing. When you had the upper hand, you ignored and dumped men. Well now you lack the upper hand and don't like it. Too bad.

People are immature in their early 20s, and that's when most of us do our dating and learning and exploring.
Many of us don't date in our early 20's though. I didn't. I was too busy obtaining an education and I lacked a car.

And doing it with people our own age. Some middle aged guy flitting around like that is a bit lame, not the same as teen and 20something dating. He should be a bit more mature and empathetic as to how his actions affect the women he is dating.

Lame huh? Because he finally has more dating power than you and wants to use it as opposed to settling down with a woman from the generation that ignored him? He IS mature- he knows what he wants and what he isn't going to settle for. Women should have thought about how their actions affected men but it's too late now.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
So you're saying women should get married in their mid-late 20's as that is when they will have the best options? I apologize for the sarcastic tone; twas not my intention.
YES! If you want the best man you can, you must grab him when you are younger, vital, and fertile- when you are at your highest value as a mate!

But Ameiko, I want to travel, build my career, live like Sex in the City...

Sorry, life is compromise. You can't have it all. *********r youth away and it will come back to haunt you and you will not get the high quality man whom you could have gotten before.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:48 PM

I have a question for a lot of people who advise to get a dog or be satisfied with being alone:

Do people think that women in their late 30s - early 40s have no interest in sex?

The last guy I went out with who was over 50 told me on the first (and last) date that he can't get an erection. I'm supposed to accept that?

I have news for folks who keep going on about women in their 20s as being a better pick sexually. I am a much better lover now, and I've finally reached the point in which I can easily have orgasms, even from missionary sex. I happen to quite like it, and I happen to think that at this point in my life I should enjoy and respect my sexuality.

as Erica Jong said: the big secret; women keep getting better in that department..

Its something society has tried to supress since the middle ages...

Not true in my experience. The biggest freaks that I have been with are in their 20's. Also, the vaginas are much tighter. The vagina loosens up with age, to say nothing of child birth.

Younger women in general seem more eager to please in bed as well as frisky. It seems much more a battle or negotiation to get older women to do anything beyond basic intercourse.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And this wasn't about occasional cougaring, it was about LTRs and people who intentionally and consistently reject those they don't consider in their "prime". Even when they aren't so prime themselves.
Dating gets harder for women as they age, just the death rate differential guarantees that.

I've seen so many women go for horrible guys because they were hot or cool, then wind up with a kid or two with a serial cheater that can't make child support.

It's ALWAYS about supply and demand and no, it's never "fair".

I've been there. Dating in my early 20's sucked due to a number of factors. I'm not going to feel bad now that I'm older and the demographics have shifted and many women have matured their opinions on what they value from a guy. Silly things like working, paying bills, being responsible.... Those are the guys that settled down so they are somewhat picked over as age increases.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
I have a question for a lot of people who advise to get a dog or be satisfied with being alone:

The last guy I went out with who was over 50 told me on the first (and last) date that he can't get an erection. I'm supposed to accept that?

I have news for folks who keep going on about women in their 20s as being a better pick sexually. I am a much better lover now, and I've finally reached the point in which I can easily have orgasms, even from missionary sex. I happen to quite like it, and I happen to think that at this point in my life I should enjoy and respect my sexuality.

as Erica Jong said: the big secret; women keep getting better in that department..

Its something society has tried to supress since the middle ages...

Not true in my experience. The biggest freaks that I have been with are in their 20's. Also, the vaginas are much tighter. The vagina loosens up with age, to say nothing of child birth.

Younger women in general seem more eager to please in bed as well as frisky. It seems much more a battle or negotiation to get older women to do anything beyond basic intercourse.
I get so tired of generalizations. I am 35 years old. I have always been adventerous. as far as tightness, thank God for Kegels and ben wa balls. You haven't lived til you have had a woman who is experienced and comfortable with her sexuality. How many "older" women have you been with exactly?

Last edited by missymomof3; 12-07-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I get so tired of generalizations. I am 35 years old. I have always been adventerous. as far as tightness, thank God for Kegels and ben wa balls. You haven't lived til you have had a woman who is experienced and comfortable with her sexuality. How many "older" women have you been with exactly?
The guy is "having fun" responding to month old posts which have since been resolved. Why are you feeding the troll?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I don't know, but dude admitted he didn't date or have wheels in his early 20s. He missed out on those prime dating years, can't really blame him for being angry.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:36 PM

You nailed it. LTR guy vs. player

Yep: one guy gets laid while the other one is put on the shelf until she's ready , you know after she's had her fun.

I'm reminded of something a female poster noted here, "yeah we have sex with the bad boys but we MARRY the good ones." She honestly though that meant that the "good ones" were the winners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships