Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:49 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
MrSykes, you just nailed it, copain

I'm TIRED of leading a double life. It feels like running a presidency campaign. I wish I got a teleprompter and speech writers, and a dumb babe for an audience
Not being you is no one's fault but your own.

If you're leading a double life, that's not your partner's fault, is it? And leading that double life is not going to get you anywhere close to marriage - and how can you be successfully married while doing so?

Maybe if people would be who they are instead of trying to be "political" and act like they're someone else, things would work out. Your SO is going to find out eventually. Can't blame her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 12:52 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,032 times
I hope that all the guys out there posting "where should I go to get laid?" are reading this thread.

Granted, guys don't exactly say it quite that openly, but you get the idea. This thread only highlights the dramatic difference between how men view sex and how women view sex.

There are a huge number of women out there who are just like you and wouldn't even remotely consider having recreational sex. So actually OP is quite normal, and the guys just looking to get laid are screwed. Well sorta...

Old 11-14-2009, 01:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Beware "no jokes zone"

Old 11-14-2009, 01:56 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,677,856 times
Default I agree with Mr Sykes

and it pisses me off to no end people insinuating that one is gay just because one does not want to date. I mean I am in therapy because i am on Paxil monitoring for mild to moderate social phobias and my therapist always brings up the idea of dating and socializing. I simply hate having to tell or explain to anyone, even a therapist (which was not the case years ago) as to why i don't date or don't want to talk to anyone at the gym or at work, etc. Why? "cause it ain't gonna work out dude, that's why, I ain't got the bread, bone, or brawn"

I came close to getting engaged 12 years ago but have had no such luck since then

And the only women who are attracted to me are domineering shallow co-dependent types of women who try to act friendly and phony all the while they secretly feel sorry for me and my loner ways and try to isolate me and change me so they can dominate me and have total control over me. I can smell that a mile away

oh, also, I have low testerone, maybe that's a reason

Old 11-14-2009, 02:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
and it pisses me off to no end people insinuating that one is gay just because one does not want to date. I mean I am in therapy because i am on Paxil monitoring for mild to moderate social phobias and my therapist always brings up the idea of dating and socializing. I simply hate having to tell or explain to anyone, even a therapist (which was not the case years ago) as to why i don't date or don't want to talk to anyone at the gym or at work, etc. Why? "cause it ain't gonna work out dude, that's why, I ain't got the bread, bone, or brawn"

I came close to getting engaged 12 years ago but have had no such luck since then

And the only women who are attracted to me are domineering shallow co-dependent types of women who try to act friendly and phony all the while they secretly feel sorry for me and my loner ways and try to isolate me and change me so they can dominate me and have total control over me. I can smell that a mile away

oh, also, I have low testerone, maybe that's a reason
Wow, is that why I like responding to your posts rlrl
All kidding aside, theres a lid for every pot.
Good weekend to you rl.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,953 times
I don't date and I am pretty happy. NO drama. If I run across someone worthy of my time, I would agree to some sort of outing, dinner, coffee...etc... etc etc does not= let's get naked though.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
Does anyone here live as a celibate, and has stopped dating?

Yes - it's called marriage.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:20 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes - it's called marriage.
Ain't it the truth!

Old 11-14-2009, 05:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Not being you is no one's fault but your own.

If you're leading a double life, that's not your partner's fault, is it? And leading that double life is not going to get you anywhere close to marriage - and how can you be successfully married while doing so?

Maybe if people would be who they are instead of trying to be "political" and act like they're someone else, things would work out. Your SO is going to find out eventually. Can't blame her.

<silently walks to the corner>

Old 11-14-2009, 05:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You might want to re-think the arranged marriage deal.
The odds are probably pretty much the same.
I'm joking with you.
My old school mate. She went to the medical school. Jaw-dropping female. She got involved with a guy in med school and it didn't turn out good. It was at this time her parents fixed her marriage. She was so mad at the world that she agreed. She was done with falling in love.

They found this guy, who was of a similar predicament. Broken by his own love affair and didn't give a rat's ar$e about the world from there. He won't even see who the woman is. And he agreed to fly home for 5 days and get married.

He took a glimpse of her at the wedding. Didn't speak much. At the podium, during the ritual, my friend said he was having his head bent down the whole time, waiting for the fracas to end. They slept separately that night and he left the place in 3 days.

He finally reunited with her after six months. He at least helped her immigrate into America, and she enrolled herself into a med school somehow for masters. They lived in the same house for two years and no sex. Two monks. Owing to family pressure, they finally decided to do it. They had a son. The baby seems to have united the family, and they have "finally found love", or so my friend claims.

He's progressing in his career. She's close to practising as a surgeon. When I met her, she looked happy. And the kid was the liveliest one I had seen in a while, and while we were having food, her husband called and spoke about something. To me, it all looked like it was somehow functioning well and they have a happy ending or a pseudo happy ending.

It's so bizarre coz I feel like I'm heading in the direction of that dude. If that happy ending is in the offing, I probably am not complaining I've spent my last 10 years with 2 women. The first one lasted seven. I think I've gotten discouraged. I bet my Dad's grinning right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships