Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,218,347 times

Advertisements

Pigeon...ever been to Central America?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:45 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,728,968 times
I have to disagree with the OP. I think the reason you are so taken with Asian or foreign women is because they see you as something different and they are quenching their curiosity or preference for someone who is not Asian. I'm sure there are just as many Asian women over there who would not give you the time of day and strike you as rude or cold. The ones who could care less about your nationality are the ones who you'd probably find very similar to the American women who you haven't hit it off with. I've lived overseas before and most of the women who prefered to date American men had a certain "groupie" quality/mentality about them.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:47 PM

133 posts, read 625,577 times
Interesting take...I wonder what Asian women think of American men vs Asian men? Is there a chat board in China where women are talking about fat lazy American men?

Another thing from your post that got me thinking...what do other cultures value in the opposite sex? I would have thought that in countries where women were more, um, subservent for lack of a better word, would value a man who could provide. I would think in the US that would be less important. Interesting topic.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,613,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I have to disagree with the OP. I think the reason you are so taken with Asian or foreign women is because they see you as something different and they are quenching their curiosity or preference for someone who is not Asian. I'm sure there are just as many Asian women over there who would not give you the time of day and strike you as rude or cold. The ones who could care less about your nationality are the ones who you'd probably find very similar to the American women who you haven't hit it off with. I've lived overseas before and most of the women who prefered to date American men had a certain "groupie" quality/mentality about them.
Probably a lot of it is our natural tendencies to keep the gene pool vibrant.

I wouldn't be opposed to dating an asian woman, especially asian american, but they have their own cultural quirks, many of which don't appeal to me personally.

One of my sisters has Filipino in laws in the Philippines and from what I know and have seen in previous experiences is that it is a very matriarchal society. Everything revolves around the women. At best I would describe them as hysterical, controlling, screaming meemies. My sisters mother in law told me since I was single and unmarried that she'd bring back a Filipina for me to marry next time in the states. I told her I'd rather shoot myself instead and that ended that conversation.

I've also heard horror stories about Thai women as well.

I keep finding in life often it can be a zero sum game. Many long time posters here know I dig women from Australia and NZ for their laid back and easy going demeanor. However in return often they can lack some femininity or romantic qualities.

All depends what you want to live with I guess.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:15 PM

51,955 posts, read 52,386,711 times
There are a few Americans here from the motherland that are *******s too.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,613,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmama View Post
Interesting take...I wonder what Asian women think of American men vs Asian men? Is there a chat board in China where women are talking about fat lazy American men?

Another thing from your post that got me thinking...what do other cultures value in the opposite sex? I would have thought that in countries where women were more, um, subservent for lack of a better word, would value a man who could provide. I would think in the US that would be less important. Interesting topic.
Probably the vast majority of the asian population never really comes into contact with Americans, at least enough contact to strike up romantic relationships, so who knows?

I think the cultures where women truly are subservient it matters little what they think anyways. Parts of the muslim world and parts of the India women are made to be subservient and it doesn't matter what they think as they are sold off by their fathers to whoever is the best suitor.

On the opposite stand point, here in the USA women have complete freedom to be just about anything or do anything if they really want to and yet by a large margin they still want more. For a lot of humans they are never happy and always want more.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,553,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Well, Asian women ARE known for being petite. If he likes "petite", then he's in the right place. He wants them around 5' (within a few inches) with small breasts, he should be in Heaven.

I'm with Steve Martin (a wild and crazy guy) in my preferences myself.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,707,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Probably a lot of it is our natural tendencies to keep the gene pool vibrant.

I wouldn't be opposed to dating an asian woman, especially asian american, but they have their own cultural quirks, many of which don't appeal to me personally.

One of my sisters has Filipino in laws in the Philippines and from what I know and have seen in previous experiences is that it is a very matriarchal society. Everything revolves around the women. At best I would describe them as hysterical, controlling, screaming meemies. My sisters mother in law told me since I was single and unmarried that she'd bring back a Filipina for me to marry next time in the states. I told her I'd rather shoot myself instead and that ended that conversation.

I've also heard horror stories about Thai women as well.

I keep finding in life often it can be a zero sum game. Many long time posters here know I dig women from Australia and NZ for their laid back and easy going demeanor. However in return often they can lack some femininity or romantic qualities.

All depends what you want to live with I guess.
I agree with your description of Australian and NZ women. We do lack a certain 'girlishness' to some extent but don't let that fool you. We may not like over the top romanticism but we still enjoy the odd romantic gesture.

I was commenting to my co-worker today how different the 'dating' culture was in NZ compared with the US. You are most certainly right, we don't care about your status, job or car

Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,548,668 times
Well, I have a novel idea for the OP and all the guys here on this thread who agree with him: Stay over there, or go over there, as the case may be. I'd guess that the reason you guys have problems with American women is because many of us are not dependent on you for our money, or our well being, nor do we want to look like 12 year old boys because enjoy our womenly curves: What we need from men is simply to be an honest man, a faithful and trustworth partner, who is happy within himself, not concerned with what their pals think, who is not threatened or lacking in self esteem and need us to make them feel like "beeg, stroung man"...
So, uh, Buh Bye...

Old 11-14-2009, 07:44 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,548,668 times
And one last thing: did you ever stop to think that your American date may have behaved like that with you because she was just not that in to you"? Perhaps she stayed for the entire date and talked with you because she was in a new country and didn't have that blessed best friend to "emergency call" her 1/2 an hour into the date so that she could make a civilized get-a-way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships