Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:38 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times

Advertisements

Conversationist, your friend is just out to score. Emotional closeness isn't the object of the game. The "getting to know you" stuff is only supposed to last long enough for him to seduce whoever, and that's it. I don't think he even sees these women as people. To him, they're just a place to put it for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,053 times
My statements here are not in judgement of how others live their life, that is not for me to say AND of course I was raised in a faith who taught me certain things about sex...while I now reject that faith maybe some of the morality teachings have hung on...

I have never even tried to seperate emotion from sex and I don't want to...for me that would be devestating...For me it would cheapen the act of making love to your partner down to what we see alley cats do, someting purely instinctive, with little or no meaning.

I have never understood how sex can be treated so casually given the consequences of being with the wrong person? Such as unplanned pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases...if your not in love with, very close to, trusting that person how do you know who they are with, what they are doing to the postman, baker and the lonely housewife at the end of the road.

Thats just not for me thanks...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
Wait a minute here are you NAH with a new profile???

Old 05-15-2007, 11:47 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Wait a minute here are you NAH with a new profile???
Please say it isn't so !

Heehee (that wouldn't be fair to .... some of us )

Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM

548 posts, read 2,647,668 times
putting aside the whole question of this guy being or not being uncomfortable with the women when he first gets together with him....I think it'd be really uncomfortable seeing them at the bar again!

Plus, this question seems sketchy to me..I mean, if it's the same people inthe bar every night, don't you think word would get around that this guy sleeps w/someone different every night? I don't buy the scenario--women would talk and he'd need to move on to anotehr bar.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:19 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaimounaKande View Post
putting aside the whole question of this guy being or not being uncomfortable with the women when he first gets together with him....I think it'd be really uncomfortable seeing them at the bar again!

Plus, this question seems sketchy to me..I mean, if it's the same people inthe bar every night, don't you think word would get around that this guy sleeps w/someone different every night? I don't buy the scenario--women would talk and he'd need to move on to anotehr bar.
Depending on his ability AND the mind set (or lack thereof) of the women in the bar.......maybe not !

Old 05-16-2007, 05:55 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Quote:
Isn't casual sex kind of uncomfortable emotionally?
No. I can't really remember since it's been so long but I'm quite sure the answer is no.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
I'm not buying it from any woman who says she is cool with a hook-up. Yes, she may act cavalier or nonchalant about it on the surface, but how about when she's alone? I just don't think women are wired that way.

Men, on the other hand, well, they are hard-wired for that. So it's believable to me that a guy would want a different woman every Friday. I think they want a different one every 20 minutes or so! Thank God most of them have some self-control.

And like I always say, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
Quote:
I just don't think women are wired that way.
Sorry to rock your world...but I am one of those women wired "that way".
Monogamy is a very very difficult "choice" for me (and I have a partner who appreciates that!)

Isn't CD great for that kinda stuff?

Screw the statistics! Yay.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
You didn't rock my world. I said I don't buy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships