Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh! There are too many to name! I'm such a baby when it come to death scenes and loves scenes! I cry all the time during movies! This why I do well with comedies!

1) Beaches~ cry the whole time
2) Steel Magnolias~ cry a lot of the movie
3) The Notebook~ cry most of the movie

Gosh, there are just too many to name on here and to show clips of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:28 PM

52,254 posts, read 52,668,250 times
The scene in Sense and Sensibility when Emma Thompson's character finds out that Hugh Grants character is there to see her.

She breaks downs cause the whole movie she thinks he's gone to her.

YouTube - SENSE & SENSIBILITY || 'Then you are not married ?'

Old 11-15-2009, 09:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Sabrina (1995)

Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 PM

146 posts, read 462,290 times
Not really love or romance related, but this clip and song always gets me. It's an episode from Without A Trace, in which they try to find a young boy who ran away from home because he was being bullied at school and tried to kill himself.

YouTube - David Berkeley's Fire Sign from CBS-TVs Without a Trace

Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Anyone see this?
I like that movie a lot, but it only got me one tear.

Love Actually got me going though. Something about unrequited love gets me every time.

http://movie-madness.buzzsugar.com/1613243

Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,905 times
About all I could find was the original trailer for this film---but it's probably the single most romantic film I've ever seen.

YouTube - The Enchanted Cottage - Original Trailer 1945

The best flavour I can give you for this is the version co-stars Robert Young, Dorothy McGuire (no relation to the singer in the McGuire Sisters), and Herbert Marshall performed for radio's Lux Radio Theater on 3 September 1945.

Briefly: An embittered socialite (Young) disfigured in World War II who rejects his fiancee's reluctant acceptance upon his return home retreats to the New England hideaway where he planned his original honeymoon . . . and where, out of shattering loneliness, he meets and marries the plain, lonely, but empathetic caretaker (McGuire) of the cottage---a cottage believed to cast a spell upon honeymooners.

All I can say is that anyone who doesn't have tears by the time this one reaches its finish has no soul.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:56 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,213 times
The Notebook is my favorite movie... too many favorite scenes to post...

Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Thumbs up Excellent choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
About all I could find was the original trailer for this film---but it's probably the single most romantic film I've ever seen.

YouTube - The Enchanted Cottage - Original Trailer 1945

The best flavour I can give you for this is the version co-stars Robert Young, Dorothy McGuire (no relation to the singer in the McGuire Sisters), and Herbert Marshall performed for radio's Lux Radio Theater on 3 September 1945.

Briefly: An embittered socialite (Young) disfigured in World War II who rejects his fiancee's reluctant acceptance upon his return home retreats to the New England hideaway where he planned his original honeymoon . . . and where, out of shattering loneliness, he meets and marries the plain, lonely, but empathetic caretaker (McGuire) of the cottage---a cottage believed to cast a spell upon honeymooners.

All I can say is that anyone who doesn't have tears by the time this one reaches its finish has no soul.
Great movie.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I also vote for The Enchanted Cottage. I've never seen the movie but I've heard the radio version several times.

I also love The Promise. Makes me cry every time I see it. I couldn't find a clip but the stars are Kathleen Quinlan and Stephen Collins.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Oh my gosh! There are too many to name! I'm such a baby when it come to death scenes and loves scenes! I cry all the time during movies! This why I do well with comedies!

1) Beaches~ cry the whole time
2) Steel Magnolias~ cry a lot of the movie
3) The Notebook~ cry most of the movie

Gosh, there are just too many to name on here and to show clips of!
I bet this one gets to you, too!

YouTube - Terms of Endearment - Theatrical Trailer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships