Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,044,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Inspired by a thread where a woman is going psycho on her ex-boyfriend...

Have YOU ever taken revenge on an ex? If so, how did it feel? Were you there to see your ex's reaction when the revenge happened? Did his/her facial expression make it all the sweeter, or did you suddenly realize you had done something you shouldn't have?
I've taken revenge before. It made me feel powerful, great and a little scared!

I wasn't there, the time I got revenge on my one ex. I still don't think he knows, to this day, that it was ME who did it.....lol..........

The revenge I sought out for on another EX messed with his livlihood. I wasn't there to see his facial expression but was on the phone with him once he reacted to what I TOLD him I did. He was not happy and he actually threatened me....

Both incidents happened when I was A LOT younger than I am now and now that I am older I have no desire to seek the type of revenge I sought after when I was younger. I'll let KARMA handle that. The best revenge is to keep pushing on, and never look back, while letting them see how GOOD you're living without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM

850 posts, read 1,544,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Inspired by a thread where a woman is going psycho on her ex-boyfriend...

Have YOU ever taken revenge on an ex? If so, how did it feel? Were you there to see your ex's reaction when the revenge happened? Did his/her facial expression make it all the sweeter, or did you suddenly realize you had done something you shouldn't have?
Nope! KARMA.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,240,753 times
I've never dated anyone who was such a nutball that I needed to get revenge on him. Besides, living well yadda yadda.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:43 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,376,587 times
Nope. Not my style. Besides, none of my ex's ever did anything to warrant that kind of anger.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,517,749 times
I was about 22 when I was just about done with my then boyfriend. He was very possessive and untrusting, accused me of cheating all the time and was just crappy with me in general. It was wearing on me already. I then found out, in great detail, that he cheated on me several times with several women, including a woman who lived in my apartment complex and the woman who lived next door to my mother.

My ex sent me tickets to meet him in Cancun about two months before this. No pressure, just in the hopes that I would go. I found out about the cheating about a week before the trip was to take place and gave it some thought; I decided to go and try to work it out with my ex. But I told the cheater I was going to visit family. I took lots of pictures and laid them out on my coffee table when I got back home. The cheater came over as soon as I got back, as if all was fine, no clue that I knew what he had done. I let him in and excused myself to the restroom. Within seconds, I heard the front door slam.

Was it vengeful? Sherrrr. He deserved it and I was young. Would I do it again? Nah. I find the less effort and attention you put into making someone feel the loss, the more loss they feel.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
The only ex who ever hurt me was a dirtbag who slept with a girl I knew, one he constantly put down until I found out he was cheating on me with her. I broke up with him, hurt but not vengeful.

I learned later that she dropped out of school to have his baby. Later than that, I heard he was in jail. Last year, she found me on Facebook (we weren't very close but had many mutual friends), and we started talking. They're married and she has two children of his. He also has two children with two other women. He's cheated on all of them with one another. It's seriously like something off Jerry Springer. And part of me just wants to ask her if she was AT ALL surprised about how things turned out, and what in the blue blazes all those women see in that scumbag.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,291,866 times
I got a nice chunk of his paycheck. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see his face when he saw how much they collected from him. I really wish I was! LOL

I've been tempted to send him a cute postcard from a future vacation thanking him for funding it, but I think that's pushing it, no?

*giggling*

Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
A long healthy life is the best revenge.

Oh and revenge is a dish best served cold.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I've taken revenge before. It made me feel powerful, great and a little scared!

I wasn't there, the time I got revenge on my one ex. I still don't think he knows, to this day, that it was ME who did it.....lol..........

The revenge I sought out for on another EX messed with his livlihood. I wasn't there to see his facial expression but was on the phone with him once he reacted to what I TOLD him I did. He was not happy and he actually threatened me....

Both incidents happened when I was A LOT younger than I am now and now that I am older I have no desire to seek the type of revenge I sought after when I was younger. I'll let KARMA handle that. The best revenge is to keep pushing on, and never look back, while letting them see how GOOD you're living without them.
Here here!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships