Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good post. I bet he's smart enough to take your advice
Yes...This was a great post! I hope he does take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,136,328 times
I would bet she already knew the new guy when you "decided" to separate... .You need to learn now that when a woman says you are OUT and someone else is IN theres nothing you can do. You can cry. you can beg, you can give her presents, hell You can even WALK ON WATER LIKE JESUS..and it makes no differance if the new guys a bumb or doper/ Hes IN and YOU ARE OUT...Not worth crying about..Move on

Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
At this stage in your life, date as many different people as you can. You're not ready for a serious commitment yet and you need to find out not only about the different kinds of people there are, but you need to learn about yourself and what works and what doesn't. When you're 28 or older, then start to get serious.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
She wanted to take a break because she was already involved with the other guy, be it emotionally or physically. It was planned, you got snookered. Time to take advantage of this 'break' to explore your options and make yourself unavailable to her.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
She wanted to take a break because she was already involved with the other guy, be it emotionally or physically. It was planned, you got snookered. Time to take advantage of this 'break' to explore your options and make yourself unavailable to her.
She will do it again...If she knows you are her fall back boy. Give it time...maybe...but you will always be scared if she will leave you again. Or leave for a new man. Think about it.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:47 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,125 times
1. Forget her. 2. She's not honest with you. 3. This post is wack.

Sorry, I had to do that, just because you told us not to.

Alright, seriously now..

So, you met her when she was 19, and you were 20, if I did the math right. Listen, simply and honestly put, that's just too damn young for anyone to really figure anything out. The chick's going to be confused. It's part of growing up. I'm sure that, at 19 (or 20, whatever), pretty much fresh out of high school, she still had that type of mentality. I'm sure that you did as well, even though you won't admit it.

Now, you've had a year and a half together, plus some. Really, that's not a long time in the grand scheme of things, but at 22, it seems like it. Either way, you two formed a bond that's not easily broken. I mean, she's still trying to figure out what she wants, right? Does she go back with you, or does she move on, or what?

Well man, thing is, she's going to be going through this until she gets it all together - which could be years down the road. An on again/off again romance isn't going to help you at all, you'll only keep hurting everytime she changes her mind.

So, here's my advice: Move on. I didn't say, "Forget her", I said move on. You'll never forget anyone that you've had feelings for, that's impossible, but you can move on and take control of your life. Again, if you take her back, she's only going to change her mind again and leave you hanging. It's better to get your life in order, and let her go so that she can get hers in order as well.

When one person leaves another, someone is always going to get hurt.. Well, usually anyway. What you're feeling is fine, but just don't let it control you. The easiest way to get over someone is just by simply living. In other words, keep yourself busy, go out with friends, go jogging, hell, go skydiving.. just stay busy. Above all, if you still have feelings for her, don't talk to her. Everytime you talk to her it'll only make things worse and you'll never get over her.

It's hard as hell, but everyone goes through it. You'll be fine, just take one day at a time..

I wish ya the best.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:55 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,032,676 times
I'm sorry, but if you are going to hamstring people and demand that they not tell you what they think then you have no business asking for advice. It sounds like you're trying to manipulate the conversation towards the answer you want. Could you be doing that in this <ha> relationship?

Fact is, if you are not mature enough to hear what people have to say, then you're not mature enough to be in a relationship. Sorry to be so harsh, but this is real life. Suck it up and deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships