Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 AM

297 posts, read 899,649 times

Advertisements

Hi I was just curious.

Is there a book out there that has all the wisdom about problems every person faces in the course of their life? (relationships, job, friends, etc...)

And preferably written by a male, would be helpful.

I understand that many things in life must be "experienced" rather than read from a book but I feel as if having such a book will at least in part help me with my naivety as an 18 year old male and somewhat prepare me so I won't be as off-guard about things as many of you have probably read in my previous threads.

Any suggestion is appreciated

P.S. Oh and I really hope college is a lot better than high school with all its rumors and hate and other things going around. How does one breathe ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 AM

264 posts, read 819,819 times
I don't know about the book, but I will say that college is WAY better than high school. Just be who you are....college students are much more accepting of differences (I guess maybe the sorority/fraternity crowd could be an exception) generally speaking. And, btw, you breathe one breath at a time...do the best you can and lighten up on yourself.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Yes but then it goes back to high school if you move to the burbs.

I think its good to talk to the oldest guy in the family you know. And read some bio books of people you look up to or admire the accomplishments they made.

And don't worry about being caught by surprise...No matter what you read or do, its going to happen.
I think thats why the let adults drink.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:51 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,154,792 times
try The celestine prophecy - will enlighten you

Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,746,884 times
Default books

I don't think you're going to find it all in one book. Maybe what you seek is more "guiding principles" than specific "this is how you do it/fix it/think about it" advice.

I've read more than 3000 books in 30 years and I'd recommend books on spirituality (such as The Celestine Prophecy) for your expeditious edification.

Rose Thornton
author, The Ugly Womans Guide to Internet Dating

Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
If there were such a book I doubt this forum would exist.

While his books do not specifically address your questions, Robert Fulgham's books (Everything I Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten) provides a scenerio in each chapter in a humorous light yet there is a moral to each story as to the way you can percieve it in the positive. He has several books or a series of them and I've read every one of them.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I don't think you're going to find it all in one book. Maybe what you seek is more "guiding principles" than specific "this is how you do it/fix it/think about it" advice.

I've read more than 3000 books in 30 years and I'd recommend books on spirituality (such as The Celestine Prophecy) for your expeditious edification.

Rose Thornton
author, The Ugly Womans Guide to Internet Dating
Hmm, you would be interesting to chat with.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avant-garde View Post
Hi I was just curious.

Is there a book out there that has all the wisdom about problems every person faces in the course of their life? (relationships, job, friends, etc...)

And preferably written by a male, would be helpful.

I understand that many things in life must be "experienced" rather than read from a book but I feel as if having such a book will at least in part help me with my naivety as an 18 year old male and somewhat prepare me so I won't be as off-guard about things as many of you have probably read in my previous threads.

Any suggestion is appreciated

P.S. Oh and I really hope college is a lot better than high school with all its rumors and hate and other things going around. How does one breathe ....
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

Amazon.com: The Opening of the Way: A Practical Guide to the Wisdom Teachings of Ancient Egypt (9780892815722): Isha Schwaller de Lubicz: Books

Old 11-21-2009, 09:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,833 times
http://biblos.com/

Old 11-21-2009, 10:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
The bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships