Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:07 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,566,846 times

Advertisements

Sigh* Arguing with newbies is completely pointless. Another day another dollar. What's the point trying to determine whose the "smarter" when it comes of popping new threads left and right because an OP can't mind her own business and get an interesting hobby, one of, let's see, not posting threads about the same girl?

If you need someone to talk to, sweetheart, join a club or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 12:23 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,408,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_candy View Post
If you truly care for someone and love them but mistakes were made - and if you are learning how and why those mistakes were made - so they never happen again - and you understand your lover's behavior and the choices they made - and you ask God for a miracle to bring you two both together again - can it happen? Like if you pray and have faith can love come back to you that you lost?
...Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm like that sometimes.

I'm a firm believer in the whole theory that things happen for a reason. Looking back on my life, there was one girl that I truly cared for and loved. She was amazing, everything that I could hope for in a woman. She had this cute Russian accent that drove me crazy, and a body that.. nevermind.

I only knew her for a short time, ten months, at best. We never dated, we never did anything like that, but I loved her and she loved me - it was just something that we wern't about to do anything about.

I remember the night before she moved away.. It was a cold clear night, a thousand stars overhead.. It was almost ironic, in a way, that such a perfect night would be the end to something that could have been. We just simply sat by one anther on a cold slab of concrete, not saying a word. I'll never forget that night..

So several years pass and one day a friend says that he ran into her mother. Well, to make a long story short(er), she moved back to Russia and has devoted her life to mission work. Her mother said that she's the happiest that she's ever been.

During the time I was with her, I was going through something that I didn't want anyone to be part of. It took me a long time to get over those things, but they have made me a better person.

Looking back though, if we would have acted on our feelings, things would be a lot different. I would have never had the chance to get healthy, and she would have never had the chance to do what she really loved in life.

The point is, life has a way of working itself out. We may be hurt by someone now, we may want them back in our lives with all our heart, but in the end, is that really what's best for us? Can we really escape the past wrongs that they've done to us? Will there ever be that "new love" feeling of excitement and passion again?

There's no answer to that. All we can do is simply live our lives the best we can, and try to make the most of what we have. If we spend our days drowned in sorrow over some lost love, we'll never realize how great life can really be.

Just my thoughts on things.. take it or leave it.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 AM

10,168 posts, read 20,716,770 times
So God won't answer someone's prayers to cure their child's cancer, to end their homelessness, or feed the hungry, but somehow he'll find it in his heart to bring you and your boyfriend together...sure why not?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,566,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_candy View Post
I think vigrode is talking about ME - as for my profile - I thought it is visible - I am not hiding anything if you read my other posts / threads I describe myself and my age - I have no idea what friends can see, etc.
Yeah, you're right. Virgode was talking about you. I began to think maybe you're the crazy ex-girlfriend who tries to get back to a broken relationship.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,926,983 times
Chances are, that old love is history. But it sure wasn't in vain if it taught you valuable lessons you will carry with you forever. Good baggage is worth carrying!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,121,528 times
Do people still use the "L" word.....Love ?
Theres no such thing , it comes in handy when trying to get something you don't deserve but basically most brainy people have caught on to this old fashioned balony
Well , good luck all you dreamers, its better to try and get some heavy cash and
the "L" word or its users will come outta nowhere WAKE UP PEOPLE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships