Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i am taking action, by joining clubs and stuff.

i joined one the other day, and am seeing it as an opportunity.

see, so being proactive pays off.
Care to tell us about the club, its not secret is it, I'm curious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
a few, like the rotary club and a local political group.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,772 times
Hope it works out for you.

Try the new clubs and see how they go. I found one new one to try, [political] but I missed this months meeting and may have to wait til winter is over cause of my health, unless December is warmer.

One thing when you get depressed it can be bad, people do shrink away. I am under the toll of hiding depression from people. Some friends you are close enough to, that youve known for years and years can handle it, others cannot and new people they will run for the hills and who can blame them?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
a few, like the rotary club and a local political group.
That sounds great, I know you don't like to hear all of our replies, but you did ask. I think everyone here has your best interest at heart.
Best Wishes

Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
Hope it works out for you.

Try the new clubs and see how they go. I found one new one to try, [political] but I missed this months meeting and may have to wait til winter is over cause of my health, unless December is warmer.

One thing when you get depressed it can be bad, people do shrink away. I am under the toll of hiding depression from people. Some friends you are close enough to, that youve known for years and years can handle it, others cannot and new people they will run for the hills and who can blame them?
how?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
That sounds great, I know you don't like to hear all of our replies, but you did ask. I think everyone here has your best interest at heart.
Best Wishes
i don't since it is not attuned to my personality, as i said. I am not a humble/spiritual person, and i think if mental health professionals put forward this as the ultimate/optimum path to mental health, they are only putting forward their own personal beliefs as facts.

My own belief on mental health is coping skills and environment. The ability to cope with setbacks and negative experiences is key, as well as the environment one is in. If one's environment is not conducive, then it can lead to poor mental health.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:49 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
I feel sad and resentful a lot. does it make me a loser?
I read thorough the post and my heart goes out to you in regards to the situation that occurred. Though I have never been abused, I know people close to me that were. Also, I grew up without a pops so I know (to a degree) what it's like feel MAJOR resentment.

Really, you don't need anybody to validate your feelings, so as long as you don't hurt others (or yourself!!) you need to just feel what you are feeling and figure out what you are going to do with those feelings. You know, when you talk to people MOST can't understand especially if they have never been through what you have. So that's why they tell you, "oh, just get over it" or "are you still dealing with this?" F^^ em!! The fact that you were abused is a serious life long issue because a part of you has been violated and taken away depending on the degree of the violation.

Anyhow, TO GAIN SOME CONTROL you can't go wrong with turning a negative into a positive!! So, in other words, use the bad experience, and the bad people who let you down, as motivation to do something positive in YOUR life. Anything less (IMO) is living a life not worth living. You know bad things happen to everybody but you make it worse on yourself when you make bad decisions that make your own life WORSE!!

So for me, I think of how I want to be 100,000,000,000 times better then the man that sired me. All aspects!!! Strength, courage, intelligence, maturity, reliability, ect.. ...

Not sure what you want out of your life but you could use all that energy to become a successful art painter all the way to a prominent aerospace engineer. Really, that's the way I would go about it.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 AM

34 posts, read 116,252 times
Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy...trust me

Old 11-21-2009, 02:21 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Just be happy.

And get out and be social.

Simple, really.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
I feel sad and resentful a lot. does it make me a loser?
Of course this does not make you a loser. It makes you a person with FEELINGS. What causes you to be so sad and resentful? Identifying that might be a first step in turning things around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships