Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM

146 posts, read 462,172 times

Advertisements

How on earth do you find such a rare gem?

It's just that I've been thinking about all the girls I've known and dated over the years. The plain and average looking girls were always intelligent, warm, kind, but unfortunately, I just didn't feel any physical attraction to them.

Now I was blown away by the totally hot girls, but a lot of them had total ego and superiority complexes. Not to mention a lot of them become really cold and catty when you rub them the wrong way; that and they're really high maintenance.

But there was this one girl I dated for a couple of months who was drop dead, supermodel-gorgeous; tall, tan, long platinum blond hair, great body; imagine Lady Gaga in her Poker Face video (but not in all the other ones because she just looks like a freak in the others)

However, she didn't have any of the ego, any of the narcissism, she never became cold or prissy (she was warm to everyone) and she was always really easy to talk to.

Then I saw her high school photos (she invited me to her house and I sneaked a look into her photo album and year book while she was away) she was a little bit chunky and frumpy.

She flipped out when she saw me looking, but then explained her life story afterwards. That she was a pretty average looking girl in high school, didn't have a boyfriend, the pretty, popular girls would sometimes make fun of her. So she decided to get in shape, dress well, do her hair and make up more often and whatnot once she got into college.

So I thought to myself "wow, I guess that why she doesn't have the ego."

I've never met a girl like that before or since. Where do you find one? A girl who's beautiful but doesn't have the ego of most beautiful girls? Where do you find an ugly duckling who bloomed late in life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:41 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Lol, so you either want a girl with low self esteem, or one who doesn't know better? (doesn't know she's hot)

Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Come back here in a year and I'll be that girl

I'm still in the ugly duckling phase, but I'm on my way. And I'm not allowing myself to date until I get there.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:48 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
if you liked her so much they why did you two break up?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I've known a few, my sister was one of them.

This happens with guys too.

No offense but you seem to be fixated on dating only REALLY hot women. This is likely going to set you up for a whole lot of issues down the road but maybe you will mature out of this.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:51 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Come back here in a year and I'll be that girl

I'm still in the ugly duckling phase, but I'm on my way. And I'm not allowing myself to date until I get there.
How much are you planning on losing? I'm about 35lbs down from last year when I started working out and about 55 down from my peak weight.

I'd lost most of it by the time I started dating again and it made a huge difference in attention.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How much are you planning on losing? I'm about 35lbs down from last year when I started working out and about 55 down from my peak weight.

I'd lost most of it by the time I started dating again and it made a huge difference in attention.
I've had periods in my life where I've lost around 45. Right now I need to lose a lot more than that. I'll leave it at that

I'm not trying to get down to super model weight by any means, but I know even losing a few pounds usually boosts my confidence.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:57 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
If she's looking like Lady Gaga, cmon you need to raise your standards. This will set you up for all kind of problems later in life. You'll marry someone all fugly, *shivers* I don't even want to think about it...

I agree, mature out of the easy-lay fugly stage.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
if you liked her so much they why did you two break up?
I graduated college and moved back home. She's about 300 or 400 miles away now.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
If she's looking like Lady Gaga, cmon you need to raise your standards.
That's why I said Lady Gaga in Poker Face. I know she looks hideous in real life (as do most celebs). That's the only video in which she's pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships