Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 PM

19,213 posts, read 15,074,923 times

Advertisements

I'm serious when I say this, I don't care one bit about diamonds. And if it didn't work out with a fiance, I would gladly give it back.

After breaking up with a boyfriend in the past, he sent me a piece of jewelry that meant something to him and he wanted me to keep. I sent it back to him. Jewelry? Jewelry? I don't need your stinkin' jewelry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:53 AM

138 posts, read 284,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I'll return the diamonds when they are able to return the orgasms

Rotflmao !!!!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 AM

748 posts, read 1,309,619 times
hmmm... I DON'T like diamonds... but I LOVE pearls... so no, I would not return my pearls/jewelry... it was a gift, yes? so why should I give them back? He is not giving me back the years I spent on him, the money he spent from my savings account, the sleepless nights... etc... so nope... I did not return anything but the wedding band...

Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM

648 posts, read 3,077,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I would never give back diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you completely out of your mind, lost all your marbles or what???????????

Once you give me those diamonds or even A DIAMOND that is it it is mine forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.....etc etc etc

LMAO
LOL thanks for the chuckle!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,577,398 times
Funny jewelry story (really, it's kind of pathetic). I was in a relationship with a guy for a couple of years; one Christmas I bought him a couple of gifts. Nothing lavish or expensive, just things he had mentioned he would like to have. We hadn't talked about exchanging gifts..I just got them because that's how I am. Well apparently he felt obligated to give me something. He went into the spare bedroom and came out with an unwrapped jewelry box. A beautiful necklace! I was blown away...felt bad for not having spent more on him and all that jazz.

Later that evening I was helping fix something on his computer while he was doing something else. Computer was in the spare room. Guess what was sitting on the desk? A smallish piece of used wrapping paper with a gift tag on it. As it turns out..the necklace he gave me was meant for his ex-wife, a gift from their kids to her.

I asked him, he admitted to it and I gave him the necklace back.

Needless to say, the relationship didn't last.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:32 PM

212 posts, read 856,504 times
yup, I gave back an engagement ring. only because I called it off. If it was the other way around, I definitly would have pawned it

Old 11-20-2009, 06:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,497,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
yup, I gave back an engagement ring. only because I called it off. If it was the other way around, I definitly would have pawned it
Well engagement rings are a different story depending on who calls it off. The OP just said diamonds tho, so that would be considered a gift IMO. And no I don't give gifts back. Nor do I take back gifts that I have given.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,967,846 times
I think hate is a waste of time!

But here's the deal

If the diamonds are a pair of earrings, bracelet or non-engagement ring - it was a gift. So no, do not offer to return them.

If it was and engagement ring and you didn't make it to the wedding - it should be returned.
If it was an engagement ring and it was a VERY short marriage - you should offer to return it.
If it was an engagement ring and it was a long term marriage - No it should not be returned.

Hate will always hurt the sender. Act with grace and you will never regret it!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,318,336 times
I've never dated a man who gave me diamonds but I have hated some men enough to give them back the Taco Bell meal they bought for me...barf it all up on his lap if I have to.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,186,568 times
No way! A diamond is forever, remember???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships