Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm telling you with a hundered percent honesty, that I had no idea how boys thought through about my early 20s. .
You really think anyone is going to believe you were oblivious that guys...you know, the creatures with a penises, would look if you were skipping down the street in a revealing top with no bra?

Come on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:36 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Does anyone else get immensely annoyed at girls who dress up sexily and then act offended or confused (sometimes both) as to why people are looking at them?

A good friend of mine showed up to class today in skimpy cocktail dress. She then proceeded to act confused as to why guys were looking at her butt and making their little comments. Probably because your dress barely grazes your butt cheeks, my dear.

If you're going to look hot, then own it. I'm not buying your feigned modesty and your plea that you don't want attention. When I pull out the sexy attire, it's not because I want guys to NOT notice me.
lol... what you're saying makes sense.

people can be schizophrenic though, so it's just human nature.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Does anyone else get immensely annoyed at girls who dress up sexily and then act offended or confused (sometimes both) as to why people are looking at them?

A good friend of mine showed up to class today in skimpy cocktail dress. She then proceeded to act confused as to why guys were looking at her butt and making their little comments. Probably because your dress barely grazes your butt cheeks, my dear.

If you're going to look hot, then own it. I'm not buying your feigned modesty and your plea that you don't want attention. When I pull out the sexy attire, it's not because I want guys to NOT notice me.
Word.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
I agree...this sort of thing has always pissed me off. I dont say that a woman who draws attention to herself by wearing revealing clothing deserves to be disrespected, but jeez, if she thinks she wont get stared at, well, thats her fault.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:27 PM

19,623 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
You really think anyone is going to believe you were oblivious that guys...you know, the creatures with a penises, would look if you were skipping down the street in a revealing top with no bra?

Come on....
No reason to lie on an anonymous board. It just wasn't an issue at that age. And in the early 80s most teenage girls didn't seem to be sporting DD's like these days. We didn't care if guys looked, they did anyway because we were in shape. If they leered or became vulgar, we just thought they were gross. Sorry, women just do not think like men and young girls especially do not get it. Think a 13 yr old that dresses like Britney has a full understanding of how a 17 yr old guy thinks and feels when he sees her? Give me a break.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
No reason to lie on an anonymous board. It just wasn't an issue at that age. And in the early 80s most teenage girls didn't seem to be sporting DD's like these days. We didn't care if guys looked, they did anyway because we were in shape. If they leered or became vulgar, we just thought they were gross. Sorry, women just do not think like men and young girls especially do not get it. Think a 13 yr old that dresses like Britney has a full understanding of how a 17 yr old guy thinks and feels when he sees her? Give me a break.
Maybe I misinterpreted what you wrote. My impression was that you were explaining you girls had no idea guys were checking you out regarless of how little you were wearing and you felt that way into your 20's.

Just seemed weird to me.

Heck, when I was 15 I could tell my buddies milf, I mean mom, was always making comments and provocative stares.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:08 PM

19,623 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Maybe I misinterpreted what you wrote. My impression was that you were explaining you girls had no idea guys were checking you out regarless of how little you were wearing and you felt that way into your 20's.

Just seemed weird to me.

Heck, when I was 15 I could tell my buddies milf, I mean mom, was always making comments and provocative stares.
Girls aren't always in touch with that. They are thinking about so many other things besides sex. We knew they were looking and we looked back but we didn't expect to be "grossly" leered at or hit on. If an old guy did it we would be upset. The clothes were for us girls to look good and compare with each other pretty much. If guys like it, fine too but it's not necessarily done soley for sexualizing ourselves for dudes. I actually got sexually harrassed about my hair. My boss said it was too pretty and "distracts" the guys so I should wear it in a ponytail. Men can't handle hair?!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Girls aren't always in touch with that. They are thinking about so many other things besides sex. We knew they were looking and we looked back but we didn't expect to be "grossly" leered at or hit on. If an old guy did it we would be upset. The clothes were for us girls to look good and compare with each other pretty much. If guys like it, fine too but it's not necessarily done soley for sexualizing ourselves for dudes. I actually got sexually harrassed about my hair. My boss said it was too pretty and "distracts" the guys so I should wear it in a ponytail. Men can't handle hair?!
Men can handle hair... sounds like your bosses problem to me.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,177 times
Yes we can..and that sounds like your boss has issues..and Jay?..i think the thread with your perfect type ( the Brunettes thread from last night) has Vanished..lol

Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Yes we can..and that sounds like your boss has issues..and Jay?..i think the thread with your perfect type ( the Brunettes thread from last night) has Vanished..lol
Yeah, I figured it would, it was pretty pointless. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships