Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
OMG!!! I had no clue this was happening!!!

My sister is gorgeous, intelligent, passionate about art and fashion, she is quite a catch!!!

Because of the issues we have had with our mother, and since she has had to deal with them the most, she has had this idea that she does not want to fall in love, doesn't want to have kids, doesn't need romance in her life, it is just her and herself...

Well... she started dating this guy about 2 months ago. I was so happy she finally decided to open up and enjoy the happiness of a relationship, love and all that jazz... I wish I wouldn't have encouraged her now, but she seemed so happy, and she had changed from ice queen to strawberry shortcake... lol...

The last week or so she has been very depressed, and down... I have asked repetedly what was going on, what was bothering her, normally she would and tells me EVERYTHING!!! we have no secrets... but she would not say anything, so I got worried after a week, and contacted her 2 best friends, I consider them as my adopted little sisters, well they tell me that my sis got into an agument with the BF and that is what has her down...

I confronted my sis yesterday, and she told me what this SOB was doing to her, he was all sweet to her for a while, I guess until he wamed up to her and broke down her walls, then when she refused to have sex with him, he changed, starting putting my sister down, trying to manipulate her emotions and having her chose between her family/friends and him...

I wanted to die, i was so blind to the fact the she seemed so happy, we had a heart to heart, and talked about the entire situation, I spoke to her as her mother, older sister and as a woman, and we both agreed that this was a learning experience and that she would dump this loser... well she did and I am very happy to say that she has returned to her old confident self...

What I am having a hard time with is the fact that I was not able to see the signs of mental abuse until it was too late... (and the fact that I have to engage some friends to hide his body... but that is a topic for another thread) and the fact that I should have followed my gut feeling the first day she seemed off or upset... ugh...

Any one dealt with this before? personally or knows someone who dealt with this?
Tell her to consider it high tuition in the School of Life.

Really. Lesson learned, time to move along - these things happen, and they suck when they do, but encourage her to just move on and be more careful next time.

She is lucky to have you in her corner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfish View Post
O ok !! Then it was just some guy looking to score and failed !! she should look at it that way !!!!
Yep. women need to learn that its hard to "buy the cow when you get the milk for free" duh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships