Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:13 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Domestic Violence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 06:36 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
What are they?

And for the guys, what do you think about hitting your spouse? acceptable? or absolutely not? or depends on the reason?
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever anywhere near - even in the same galaxy as - acceptable.

Also works both ways - never acceptable for a woman to hit the man either.

If you are asking because you or a friend have aver been hit by a SO you/they need to get away from the abuser immediately.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont think there are really signs that lets you know that a guy is definitely a wife beater. But there are however common traits that most who are wife beaters may have. Some of them are:

Likes NASCAR
Smokes Malboro, Winston-Salem or uses skoal/copenhagen
Still wears a mustache even though its 2009.
Is a professional athlete (especially if plays for the Raiders, Bengals or is a boxer).
Still thinks he belongs to the Confederacy or flies the Conf. flag.
Has random tattoos on his arms, shoulder, chest or back.
No higher than 12th grade education.
Currently uses or at one time in his life used meth.
They wear the uniform - wife beater T-shirts and/or overalls.
He says "Im fixin' ta" instead of "I am preparing to" or he says "Mess'cans" instead of "Mexicans".
Drinks PBT or Old English 800 (or really any beer thats in a CAN)

You might think Im joking but Im not.

You have totally got to be joking! I hope you don't believe that bunch of crap you posted!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:57 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Also works both ways - never acceptable for a woman to hit the man either.
Not even in retaliation? How about when one hits and the other hits back as well?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:03 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Not even in retaliation? How about when one hits and the other hits back as well?

No the relationship needs to end not have a fist fight

Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
I dont think there are really signs that lets you know that a guy is definitely a wife beater. But there are however common traits that most who are wife beaters may have. Some of them are:

Likes NASCAR
Is a professional athlete (especially if plays for the Raiders, Bengals or is a boxer).
He says "Im fixin' ta" instead of "I am preparing to" or he says "Mess'cans" instead of "Mexicans".

I'm not joking either when I say this is a bunch of sterotypical crap. You must be from California and watched too much TV. Pretty ignorant statements and it's obvious you know nothing about people.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
(clip)
Are you one of the fancy, expensive nuts or just a plain one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Never in retaliation. Self defense only, and that "only" means you can't run, can't hide, can't avoid in any other way.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:42 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
No the relationship needs to end not have a fist fight
Yea I know, no point but if one was the victim of domestic violence (only includes to those that put up with it) there would be a time where you had enough and end up fighting your abuser, another reason you should have ended long ago, by doing that they became like their abuser. Still wrong as you can also get in trouble as well. Yet there was still this woman on yahoo chat rooms that would talk about how a man that hit her once, afterwards met a wine bottle.
I guess it should be used only if you're threatened not in that case that she only hit to retaliate, hurting the man in the head with it... Then this other one that stab a man in the stomach seriously injuring him as it would have killed him. She didn't do it in self-defense. Shocking how it can be deadly if the other chooses to retaliate and it's not even self-defense.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:

Likes NASCAR

ohmygod, plenty of men like Nascar, smoke Marlboro's, have tats, and say "I'm fixin to" without being at all violent or even close to wife beating scum Talk about prejudice and over generalizing! Guess you'd really be surprised at how many wife beaters are actually well educated and wear suits to work every day. Believe me, it happens.

The biggest clue to recognizing a wife beater is a perfectionist, controlling man who snaps when he can't keep things (and women) under control.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:08 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
The only time I've seen it was when I saw a guy punching his girlfriend on the sidewalk. I had just picked up my elderly dad, a retired ceo, from the hospital to take him home. He was slumped over and could barely sit up. I was right in the middle of speeding up at the entrance ramp to a freeway at the time and he tried to jump out of the car to beat the crap out of the guy. I had to hold him back so he wouldn't fall out of the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships