Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 11:25 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I'm so glad that you're feeling better!

I have to read that article...
This is the point where is screw it up, I start to feel a little better than I get cabin fever and want to do something.

Specially since the sun is shinning and calling my name.....

Old 12-19-2009, 11:26 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,504 times
Quote:
I never drank Rumplemintz. Maybe we didn't get it in our region of the country, or it's newer on the scene lately.

I never drank Jagermeister either. I think I was so sick about seeing it advertised everywhere or heard that people were drinking it that I just ignored it.

My drinking days are over now. I don't miss the hangovers at all. Plus I get more accomplished.
Amen, cricket. I have a great time when I go out with my friends anyway, I'm not shy, I don't need the "social lubricant". Plus as I've mentioned before it rots to have to put an IV in just to be able to get out of bed the next day. And I like knowing that someone sober will be driving home

Old 12-19-2009, 11:27 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is the point where is screw it up, I start to feel a little better than I get cabin fever and want to do something.

Specially since the sun is shinning and calling my name.....
Then, I guess, take the meds, drink the water like crazy, and go do something. Just don't overdo it. Try and do things where you can sit down at times. Shopping today for you may not be a good thing. Going to the movies? Now that may be good!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Amen, cricket. I have a great time when I go out with my friends anyway, I'm not shy, I don't need the "social lubricant". Plus as I've mentioned before it rots to have to put an IV in just to be able to get out of bed the next day. And I like knowing that someone sober will be driving home
Yes, a sober driver is worth his or her weight in gold...to so many people! Like a pebble on a pond, literally...just like a drunk driver, you affect many people.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
My foot is feeling better,case anybody give a rip.
Good deal, now you can go back to work!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
My foot is feeling better,case anybody give a rip. The ladies last night were on a roll.

I was practically in a sea of estrogen. LOL

I saw this article on MSN, I hope all of our east coasters are gonna be careful and not get snowed in.

Yeah, I looked at last night's post and was feelin for ya! Glad your foot's better. And BTW, it's totally possible to have a normal serum level (blood) of uric acid and still have gout... the uric acid crystallizes in the joint. Doesn't necessarily reflect a high serum uric acid. Also has to do with lower temperatures in the joint than core body temperature (urate crystallization happens more easily at lower temperatures) and a sophisticated immune response. More information than you needed, but you seemed puzzled.

Also, FYI, estrogen seems to be protective for women - they don't develop gout as much as men. Maybe that's why you feel better this morning.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Then, I guess, take the meds, drink the water like crazy, and go do something. Just don't overdo it. Try and do things where you can sit down at times. Shopping today for you may not be a good thing. Going to the movies? Now that may be good!
Yeah, go see some movies. I need the reviews from you guys! Has anybody seen "Up In The Air"?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Yeah, go see some movies. I need the reviews from you guys! Has anybody seen "Up In The Air"?
Wow, Rotten Tomatoes gives it 90%!

Up in the Air Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

Old 12-19-2009, 12:11 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I used to be the chef/cook in the family, I think Mrs. Chow is taking those honors away.

She did up a veggie meal this morning that was really good. It has potato and zuccini with a ton of different herbs baked under the broiler. You then top it off with some chunks of ham and Parmesan cheese.

A good way to try and get some veggies, and also stretch the meat. I guess with the gout thing you need to try and limit certain meats. That really sucks.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I used to be the chef/cook in the family, I think Mrs. Chow is taking those honors away.

She did up a veggie meal this morning that was really good. It has potato and zuccini with a ton of different herbs baked under the broiler. You then top it off with some chunks of ham and Parmesan cheese.

A good way to try and get some veggies, and also stretch the meat. I guess with the gout thing you need to try and limit certain meats. That really sucks.
Awww, chow, you don't hafta be a total veg. But give peas a chance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships