Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times

Advertisements

Just in case if I don't make it tomorrow..

I want to wish everyone a happy and joyful Thanksgiving filled with plenty of French Onion Soup au Gratin, Super-moist, Spiced Roast Turkey, Herbed Apple Stuffing, Giblet Brown Gravy, Crispy Roast Saffron Potatoes, Garlic Mashed Pota.... Oh, and PIE! Lots and lots and lots of PIE!

I'll add this as well.. I'm thankful that I decided to join CD. All of you are amazing - I've never met a better group of people, anywhere! Thank you for all of your insight, for all of your quibbles and quips, for your hospitality, and most of all, thank you for being you!

Also, a special thanks to the Moderators. You guys do such a great job, and I don't think that you get the appreciation you deserve. Just know this, you are appreciated..

Same goes for everyone.. Thank you!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post

I want to wish everyone a happy and joyful Thanksgiving filled with plenty of French Onion Soup au Gratin, Super-moist, Spiced Roast Turkey, Herbed Apple Stuffing, Giblet Brown Gravy, Crispy Roast Saffron Potatoes, Garlic Mashed Pota.... Oh, and PIE! Lots and lots and lots of PIE!

I'll add this as well.. I'm thankful that I decided to join CD. All of you are amazing - I've never met a better group of people, anywhere! Thank you for all of your insight, for all of your quibbles and quips, for your hospitality, and most of all, thank you for being you!

Also, a special thanks to the Moderators. You guys do such a great job, and I don't think that you get the appreciation you deserve. Just know this, you are appreciated..

This almost sounds like an acceptance speech.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Aw, thank you kindly! You too, Urban...it's great to have fellow posters like yourself here.

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:

And the Academy Award goes to... UrbanBlashemy!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:10 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And the Academy Award goes to... UrbanBlashemy!
For Writing (Original Screenplay)!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
For Writing (Original Screenplay)!
+ Goody 2 Shoes!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:12 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:

This was a very touching and heartwarming post... yet, somehow, I'm repeatedly drawn to the bolded paragraph. I just ate dinner, and somehow I'm hungry again. I'd like to sit down to this complete menu for just one Thanksgiving...

Seriously now, , Urban, your posts and advice are very refreshing, and I only wish more people would take them to heart. Have a great holiday (even if you don't celebrate ).

Sea

Old 11-25-2009, 10:19 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
"I eat anti pasta twice just because she was so nice."

Louis Prima

Good stuff.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This almost sounds like an acceptance speech.

ROFL - I didn't mean for it to turn out like that.. but I guess it did.

I'll put it simply: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
This was a very touching and heartwarming post... yet, somehow, I'm repeatedly drawn to the bolded paragraph. I just ate dinner, and somehow I'm hungry again. I'd like to sit down to this complete menu for just one Thanksgiving...

Seriously now, , Urban, your posts and advice are very refreshing, and I only wish more people would take them to heart. Have a great holiday (even if you don't celebrate ).

Sea
I started cooking as soon as I got home - always have a huge Thanksgiving - and I'll tell ya, I just ate and I'm starving! Got the pies in the oven, the turkey all ready to go, I'll probably be up all night.. But, the nice thing is, I get to sample everything before everyone else!

That's the best part about hosting Thanksgiving - the pre, during, and post sampling.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:15 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
You too, Chessie! Will you have the boyfriend over or vice versa?
He is here now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships