Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Did you mention your birthday previously? Can't remember. Anyway, Happy Birthday!
Thanks - it was Tuesday, but I always take a trip to NYC for my present to myself. My sis and her family joined us (me, my son, and the BF) up there. It was a bus trip for us from here - getting harder and harder to do those the older I get!

Quote:
Liam Neeson's character is handier to have around than MacGyver.

And I knew I recognized the daughter. She's from "Lost," right?
Yep. She was Shannon.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Happy Belated Birthday, Chessie! I'd LOVE to go to New Yawk! I hope you had tons of fun and ate a whole bunch of great stuff! And bought something nice for yourself!!!
Thanks cricket. I love Christmas in the city - nothing like it. This was the shortest trip I've done though, and the weather really sucked. But having the boyfriend along changed the logistics entirely (normally I would have stayed the night). Still, he wanted to go, I loved having him, and he had fun even with the crappy weather. Said all that mattered was being with me. *sigh* What a sweetie he is.

The upside of the rain was that we spent more time inside a few places than we normally do. St. Patricks Cathedral for one - we always just kind of stop in and light a candle for someone (I'm not catholic, but neither are most of the other tourists in there!) - but man it is really something to see. Just breathtaking inside. Grand Central was incredible as well - I could people-watch for hours in there. We ate dinner there before leaving, and the boys gave their leftover french fries (they were AWESOME and they got a ton of them - way too much for us to eat) to a homeless guy that was sitting near us. He said "God bless you" and gave us a thumbs up.

We didn't get to eat pizza where I wanted - the rain made being outside just too unpleasant, so we limited our scope drastically. Still, we ate at Ray's - certainly not a top 5, but a NYC icon, for sure. It's consistently decent, at least.

The biggest thing this weekend though...was that my BF and I spent over 48 hours together, non-stop. That's the longest stretch so far...and we survived!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ha. You shoulda been where I was. We were in the Big Apple for my annual birthday trip. My one day that I picked, and it rained BUCKETS. ALL DAY. We were soaked. Okay well not soaked, we dressed for it, but damn, I was hoping it would be more of a light drizzle. But even the rain doesn't shop the shoppers - they were everywhere! And the stores were even more crowded due to the people trying to get out of the rain! But I was good - didn't buy a doggone thing - other than meals of course.
Happy belated birthday! I'm going to NYC this upcoming Saturday...can't wait!

Quote:
Man I've been gone all weekend - have I missed much??
Quote:
I wasn't in those race threads. I was just speaking generally. Maybe wigirl can fill you in.
Well, there were quite a few heated posts for awhile earlier; at least 2 or 3 race-related threads with some very strong, differing opinions. Couple of other threads on other subjects that were getting heated too. It was...interesting.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Happy belated birthday! I'm going to NYC this upcoming Saturday...can't wait!
Cool! I hope you have much better weather than I did! Oh, the rain did turn to snow right before we left - it was the great big wet fat flakes. Turned the city into a gridlock too. But I was still happy to go, no matter what.

Are you going shopping or just sightseeing? Have you been before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well, there were quite a few heated posts for awhile earlier; at least 2 or 3 race-related threads with some very strong, differing opinions. Couple of other threads on other subjects that were getting heated too. It was...interesting.
Yeah sometimes I have a tendency to stick my nose in those - most of these threads are started just to pot-stir. I should know better.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Oh, I tried going to the gym and my car almost did a 360 degrees in the snow

Came back home scared

Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 PM

19,389 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Came back home scared
Well, if your heart was pounding, at least you got somewhat of a workout. Seriously, glad you're okay.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,468 times
I know, I hope the weather is decent I've never been there before, just going on a day trip ...we'll mostly be in the Times Square/Rockefeller Center area. So mostly sightseeing, I suppose.

Yeah, I stuck my nose in and got caught up in it for awhile...I should know better too

Quote:
Cool! I hope you have much better weather than I did! Oh, the rain did turn to snow right before we left - it was the great big wet fat flakes. Turned the city into a gridlock too. But I was still happy to go, no matter what.

Are you going shopping or just sightseeing? Have you been before?

Yeah sometimes I have a tendency to stick my nose in those - most of these threads are started just to pot-stir. I should know better.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Quote:

Came back home scared
Take the bike.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:

Came back home scared
Hey, A. C. - do you have a pair of these?

YakTrax (http://www.yaktrax.com/ - broken link)

Even if you couldn't get to the gym, you could go and hike around in your neighborhood and get your heart working fast.

They make several different kinds for different kinds of wearers.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Hey, A. C. - do you have a pair of these?

YakTrax (http://www.yaktrax.com/ - broken link)

Even if you couldn't get to the gym, you could go and hike around in your neighborhood and get your heart working fast.

They make several different kinds for different kinds of wearers.
WoW, they look cool. I'd love to have a pair.

Temperature is around 7 degrees F. I just hate to be outside considering I grew up by the Equator

I still scout around in shorts though, coz I hate pants, they make me feel weird when I am not in the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships