Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times

Advertisements

Is it not normal to be attracted to someone? It's not like everyone wears their age on their head so you can't possibly help who you are attracted to. For someone to say that it's not normal is just silly LOL. If you are enjoying yourself and having fun and meeting women that stimulate you physically and mentally then kudos to you. And yes, older women DO rock LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Since my teen years I usually sought after - and ended up dating - older girls.

My ex-wife was 3 years older. Since my divorce, all the women I've shared significant moments with have been age-par or 2 to 4 years older.
ROFLMAO. Sorry. Four years older is "an older woman"?
I think most people would refer to someone four years older or younger "about my age"

Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
2-4 years is not really an "older woman" as others have said. Old enough to be your sister =/= "older woman". Sounds ageist tbh

Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
2 to 4 years? I mean technically that's older, but most people consider that around your own age. And that is QUITE normal.
EXACTLY!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:25 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Older women tend to come with more baggage and thus are harder to deal with; largely because they're at a different stage in life than you so due to the experience factor, she may set in her ways so if you're expecting an older woman to change even though you feel it's constructive, forget it.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Older women tend to come with more baggage and thus are harder to deal with; largely because they're at a different stage in life than you so due to the experience factor, she may set in her ways so if you're expecting an older woman to change even though you feel it's constructive, forget it.
You got that just right! Not gonna happen!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
I think most people would say exactly the opposite - older women (and men) have more life experience, but they also tend to be more at peace with themselves, and experience has softened them into being more accepting of the foibles of others.

PS. People don't change at any age for another person.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:46 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Older women may have more "baggage" (and not always necessarily so) because they've been through more life experiences, but they tend to have more maturity to deal with issues. Besides, I've known plenty of 18 and 19 year olds who have a lot of emotional "baggage", so it goes both ways.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
18 till i die .. and would have dated older women with the same thought .. well now im engaged so ladies .. better luck with someone else

Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Older women may have more "baggage" (and not always necessarily so) because they've been through more life experiences, but they tend to have more maturity to deal with issues. Besides, I've known plenty of 18 and 19 year olds who have a lot of emotional "baggage", so it goes both ways.
Can't argue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I think most people would say exactly the opposite - older women (and men) have more life experience, but they also tend to be more at peace with themselves, and experience has softened them into being more accepting of the foibles of others.

PS. People don't change at any age for another person.
Good points from both of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships