Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,050 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is a therapist who says...." Men need sex in order to feel validated, and women need to feel validated in order to have sex."

It's funny, but true! My hubby and I just undertand this principle, and we keep the cycle going!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 07:24 AM

95 posts, read 503,317 times
Both men and women need to feel validated, exactly. Everyone want's to feel special. A successful relationship is made up with affection, romance, respect and humor.

Did your expert also tell ya how one of four women have sex only to have kids?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
Both men and women need to feel validated, exactly. Everyone want's to feel special. A successful relationship is made up with affection, romance, respect and humor.

Did your expert also tell ya how one of four women have sex only to have kids?
No that statistic wasn't mentioned, and I have never heard that. I am not entirely sure if that is accurate. I have several close friends, and all of them enjoy sex as a way of closeness, not just for reproduction purposes.

But if men would understand that most women need to feel emotionally validated to enjoy and crave sex... then one in every four women, wouldn't just be putting out for reproductions sake, would they?

Women also need to understand that men feel validation from sex. It works both ways, and when this is understood... both people in the relationship should be feeling validated.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Somebody please shoot me already if I'm only having sex for the sake of reproduction!!! I've already reproduced - been there done that and I'm done with that noise!!! I like to enjoy sex just because I want to enjoy it - not to have more offspring!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
I think that we are dicussing keeping the "spark" going, not what makes a good lasting relationship. Those are somewhat different issues in my mind. Trust, respect, etc are all part of a lasting relationship, but are not related to "spark"

for me the answer to "spark" is spontenaiety. At least for my particular wife, random romantic things seem to be the most likely to rekindle a "spark".

I often forget various anniversary dates, but I will just randomly bring home a romantic card and flowers or a gift and even an anniversary card. (It is always the anniversary of something - first meeting, first date, engagement, marriage, or some other "firsts).

Breakfast in bed for no reason at all.

A formal date night, where I pick her up at the house at a certain time, take her to dinner and a show or movie or something. (unfortunately this gets really hard to coordinate).

Show up at her work and take her to lunch.

Drop some diamond jewlry into her jewlry box and say nothing about it at all.

Produce a Mom appreciation day from time to time.

Take a day off on her day off.

Clean all the snow off her car and warm it up before leaving for work.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Hey everyone! I just thought I would share. I love my marriage. My husband and I are best friends. It is marriage number two for each of us, and we were so ready to find eachother! Together, we now have the healthy marriage that we longed for in our previous unions.

We are best friends. We talk about everything, and we listen to one another. We try to spend atleast an hour of alone time together each day once the little one is tucked away. It's crazy, but we both just "Get" the way each other are wired. We accept eachother's strengths and weaknesses, and we always remember we are on the same team.

We do all the cheesey love notes, the random cards, flowers, picnics, ect. I love it even when my hubby comes home with a new 99 cent lip color he thought might look good on me. Oh... and taking the time to regularly massage eachother is nice to. It helps de-stress our bodies, which in turn, helps keep our relationship pretty close to stress free.

So all you people with healthy, marriages... what are your secrets? I am always looking for extra ideas... and I know some out there might need a boost to re-kindle their "SPARK!!"

First of all congrats on your relationship. It sounds great what you are doing, I would add a relationship retreat.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Post partum depression, according to Marie Osmond. When her hubby came to collect her from a panic induced road trip, she said she felt horrible and he said it was sexy. It was like going to bed with a different woman every night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships