Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But after the crying, the problems are still there. So what's the difference with crying and feeling sorry for yourself day after day over the same stresses, and just dealing with the problems head on and keeping them in proper perspective? The daily stresses that you are crying over just aren't worth crying over. By crying, you are making them into a bigger problem than they really deserve. Laughing over split milk is just telling yourself that trivial things that you have no control over are NOT worth crying about or making them into any sort of bigger deal.

Laughing is a proper release and a much better response than a good cry.

Crying also suggests sadness, and eventually it will make you look older than you really are. By contrast, by ME being in honest good humour with my life, I am frequently mistaken for being 20 years younger than I really am. And looking serious or unhappy makes me look a lot older...

Anyway, the O.P. asked for our opinions not our sympathies, and that's what I am giving her, just my honest opinions. I am also very happy with my life and I'm just trying to help her out. And in good conscience, there is no way I can condone or encourage her daily weeping habits.
For YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,076 times
At least play a tune while crying......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ze7SS0nG8

Just trying to lighten this thread up a bit.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:57 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've cried when any of my pets have died. But never ever over life, family or work stresses. I am a problem solver, not someone that freaks out over some bumps in the road of life. I just don't get the point of that.

I've cried when I had to put 3 of my pets to sleep,when my father, mother,sister and late husband passed away.

For the 2nd time I doubt that the OP and some of the others who made comments were referring to whinners.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Wish I could cry more...sometimes, things get all bottled up and I can't cry...oh, my eyes tear, a lot, they tear when I laugh, or when I'm happy...but of late, crying is just not in my vocabulary...

Has anyone else noticed that when you get older you don't cry as much?

Just wondering if it's only me?

course, I'm probably the oldest one here...
now I'm gonna cry....LOL

Creme

Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Yes

Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,584,911 times
Miu -
Anyway, the O.P. asked for our opinions not our sympathies, and that's what I am giving her, just my honest opinions. I am also very happy with my life and I'm just trying to help her out. And in good conscience, there is no way I can condone or encourage her daily weeping habits.

Actually I did not ask for opinions, I asked a question (but that is neither here nor there). I also never said I cried daily. However, you do not know my stress and for some the stress can be overwhelming. I will not go into my personal life only to say "this too shall pass - and - I pray your life is never filled with what we are going through at this time"

Some people live their lives simple with little or no stress, there are others who deal with a dying family member, mother of their children, husband inflicted with cancer, parent with dimentia, no money for food, children going through tramas, and the list goes on. I will close by saying once again I pray your life is never filled with what we are going throgh at this time.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Who rep'd me on this?? You didn't leave your name!

I did because I too have a scheduled cry on Thursday.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Whatever. I bow down to you, oh Superior One.

Very well said!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

25 posts, read 30,446 times
I wonder if deep down she is depressed about something and doesn't even know it.
I think her crying is a little to much also, something is bothering her.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:03 PM

173 posts, read 609,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarie32 View Post
I wonder if deep down she is depressed about something and doesn't even know it.
I think her crying is a little to much also, something is bothering her.
Who are you aiming this at? If i may be curiouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships