Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,799 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. I think I found a way to deal with this, and I figured that he knows what we are/could be, whatever, and in the near future, I will be there, so if he wants it like I do, then he will work for it, and be there for us. If he doesn't, then it meant more to me than to him anyway, and I'll move on. I'm not settling this time around again, and if it's going to happen, it has to be REALLY right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Thanks everyone. I think I found a way to deal with this, and I figured that he knows what we are/could be, whatever, and in the near future, I will be there, so if he wants it like I do, then he will work for it, and be there for us. If he doesn't, then it meant more to me than to him anyway, and I'll move on. I'm not settling this time around again, and if it's going to happen, it has to be REALLY right.
Right on! It will be a true test as to whether the two of you two were really meant to be.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
of coarse she does....but....i loved a girl once the way she loves this guy....and even if work or family situations made it to where i had to move for a time...i would still have waited for that girl ...i mean i would have done what i had to do for however long it took and made my self unavailable to all other women when i was apart from her..and i would have waited for the day to have her in my arms again....so i would say that if someone did move on from u and u sense they are dating another person or are in a relationship then i would say that they probabaly don't feel the depth of love that u had and have for them because u know u would be there in the end just you and them if u both felt the same inside....i would say that you need to move if u sense that he has looked at other options or even thought of looking at other options because ur heart is too big for him and u need someone with the same kind of heart......good luck to u...i know exactly how u feel....i been through it before
This is 100% spot on! The true blue thing/love.

And I would lay all of my cards out on the table. I would sort every single feeling I had, and tell them. Don't make the mistake I made and hide any of those feelings out of fear. Better to gamble, than to lose the person forever.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
This is 100% spot on! The true blue thing/love.

And I would lay all of my cards out on the table. I would sort every single feeling I had, and tell them. Don't make the mistake I made and hide any of those feelings out of fear. Better to gamble, than to lose the person forever.
We are supposed to meet again in a few months, possibly sooner. If we find ourselves feeling/being as we had been before, I will tell him how I feel. I think you're right. Life is too short, and I'd rather he know, than us continue the guessing games. That way at least he knows how I feel and where I'm coming from, and what level commitment I'm at.

They say, "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it was yours. If it doesn't, it never was."

Old 11-25-2009, 03:24 PM

[quote=dgfurman;11778393]We are supposed to meet again in a few months, possibly sooner. If we find ourselves feeling/being as we had been before, I will tell him how I feel. I think you're right. Life is too short, and I'd rather he know, than us continue the guessing games. That way at least he knows how I feel and where I'm coming from, and what level commitment I'm at.

They say, "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it was yours. If it doesn't, it never was."[/quote]

You seem to have the right attitude. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

It's just the hardest to know when you've waited long enough/ too long for it to come back.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 AM

13,626 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Go upstairs.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Time. Although some times even time can't help you get over someone. It might be more helpful to meet someone else that's so very different then the one your trying to get over.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
...that you cannot be with? I have reconnected with the love of my life, but given the circumstances, we cannot be together. At least not for a while, maybe in a year or so, maybe never.

We had talked about us getting on with our lives, but I can hardly fathom that someone that called me his soulmate 2 months ago could be dating someone else now, which is what I suspect. Maybe he is trying to continue his life the best way he can, and I do want him to be happy, but it still boggles my mind that he could try to move on so quickly.

So....I think I need to get him out of my system, get over it, and move on. But I don't know how. Unfort. where I am now, doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to keep busy, but I'm trying the best I can. Any advice? Thanks.
Get out a map. Could be just your country or the whole world. Get a dart and throw it and whereever it lands...go. Little trips like this are a great diversion, add to the quality and richness of your life, go alone - you will be forced to meet people whose stories also enrich your life and above all they are great confdence booster. You come back a whole new person. Mine had so many darts I had to get a new one.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
[quote=dgfurman;11763849]...that you cannot be with? I have reconnected with the love of my life, but given the circumstances, we cannot be together. At least not for a while, maybe in a year or so, maybe never.

As long as you hold on to the hope that there's that chance that you could still be together...your chances of moving on and getting "over it" will be less, and much more difficult.....and will no doubt leave you less receptive to another mans attentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships