Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
thanx....you're right but until i get a job i won't be able to pay anything because the unemployment im getting only covers my rent and food and car insurance here...good idea when things get better...i just say that cuz i tryed to work something out with them and they had a payment plan but it was like 100 dollars a month and i really cant afford that kind of money right now...i was going to start paying them back then when i set it up with them but then the absess in my mouth from a bad cavity forced me to spend on a dentist appointment and antibiotics...

then i was scammed out of 300 dollars then the thing with the lawsuit started affecting me at work so its been a big snowball of problems this year...there's more to it then that from before but it seems that everytime i try to get up i get cut right back down these days...doesnt mean im giving up but it's been really tough...i come from a family that is very small not knowing outside relatives and we were homeless as kids a couple times ect....and divorce, injuries, moving 28 times in my life has all been part of my problems....but thanx to everyone who came on here and said thier views....i appreciate this

Rob, dont call them when things get better. Call them now. Tell them your situation and that you do not have the money. There are various options that they can tell you about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
thanx....you're right but until i get a job i won't be able to pay anything because the unemployment im getting only covers my rent and food and car insurance here...good idea when things get better...i just say that cuz i tryed to work something out with them and they had a payment plan but it was like 100 dollars a month and i really cant afford that kind of money right now...i was going to start paying them back then when i set it up with them but then the absess in my mouth from a bad cavity forced me to spend on a dentist appointment and antibiotics...

then i was scammed out of 300 dollars then the thing with the lawsuit started affecting me at work so its been a big snowball of problems this year...there's more to it then that from before but it seems that everytime i try to get up i get cut right back down these days...doesnt mean im giving up but it's been really tough...i come from a family that is very small not knowing outside relatives and we were homeless as kids a couple times ect....and divorce, injuries, moving 28 times in my life has all been part of my problems....but thanx to everyone who came on here and said thier views....i appreciate this
So you really can't afford to be dating anyone right now if money is so tight with you. And technically, your first money obligations are to your loans, not to some future girlfriend.

What if you do away with your car insurance and sell your car? What is your car worth and how much are your monthly insurance payments?

I'm sorry about the dental problem. And how on earth did you get scammed out of $300? And get your belongings stolen?

In addition to you focusing on getting a job, any job at all... I also recommend that you find some sort of counselor to talk to about your past unfortunate situations. I feel very strongly that it's not just bad luck that has caused your really long list of mishaps. You need help in avoiding future setbacks. You need to pick who you trust and associate with a whole lot better. As it is, if all of your past misfortunes are purely due to bad luck, I'd think that most women would be afraid to be your girlfriend... for fear of some of your bad luck rubbing off on them. It's really quite unbelievable how many setbacks you've had in your life. And I'd think that you'd want them to stop, and that turning around your "bad luck" would be a much higher priority to you than getting a girlfriend.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So you really can't afford to be dating anyone right now if money is so tight with you. And technically, your first money obligations are to your loans, not to some future girlfriend.

What if you do away with your car insurance and sell your car? What is your car worth and how much are your monthly insurance payments?

I'm sorry about the dental problem. And how on earth did you get scammed out of $300? And get your belongings stolen?

In addition to you focusing on getting a job, any job at all... I also recommend that you find some sort of counselor to talk to about your past unfortunate situations. I feel very strongly that it's not just bad luck that has caused your really long list of mishaps. You need help in avoiding future setbacks. You need to pick who you trust and associate with a whole lot better. As it is, if all of your past misfortunes are purely due to bad luck, I'd think that most women would be afraid to be your girlfriend... for fear of some of your bad luck rubbing off on them. It's really quite unbelievable how many setbacks you've had in your life. And I'd think that you'd want them to stop, and that turning around your "bad luck" would be a much higher priority to you than getting a girlfriend.
oh yeah getting a girlfriend is not my issue or main priority....im taking steps to become who i want to be in life and after i make it there....i will be treating all the women who didn't give me an opportunity when i was down as they deserve to be treated.... and that will be to have respect as a human towards them but not to acknowledge them in any kind of dating sense...because i never changed and am a nice guy.... at that time in the future the money is the only thing that's going to be different...so how can i trust any of them if my house i worked for burns down and we have to start over or if i lose a good paying job in the future?....i can't really trust then so....

i was basically pointing out that if u don't have stability aka money then u really aren't worth anything in this society to women these days unless u meet them through a friend somehow...look at me.... case and point...as much as it hurts to hear for alot of women and as it is to live it for me...money aka stability is the main thing women are looking for and then they take the person serious and investigate more after they see he is doing good for himself money / stability wise....it takes 2 in society these days and sometimes instead of saying "he doesn't have it all together"....if u look at the guy and think he's cute and nice then maybe u would do better together, but too many women let a good guy slip away due to the stability they can provide to support himself in this society....when i lived with my roomates we didnt have alot of money to do things, but we chipped in to help with bills which i we couldn't do alone and we always had great memories...now that's how "real" friendship is....im starting to believe that being in a "relationship" is about stability and sex and not true friendship anymore.....maybe im wrong for saying that or wrong in my idea but this is my experience in life

Old 11-25-2009, 03:46 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
oh yeah getting a girlfriend is not my issue or main priority....im taking steps to become who i want to be in life and after i make it there....i will be treating all the women who didn't give me an opportunity when i was down as they deserve to be treated.... and that will be to have respect as a human towards them but not to acknowledge them in any kind of dating sense...because i never changed and am a nice guy.... at that time in the future the money is the only thing that's going to be different...so how can i trust any of them if my house i worked for burns down and we have to start over or if i lose a good paying job in the future?....i can't really trust then so....

i was basically pointing out that if u don't have stability aka money then u really aren't worth anything in this society to women these days unless u meet them through a friend somehow...look at me.... case and point...as much as it hurts to hear for alot of women and as it is to live it for me...money aka stability is the main thing women are looking for and then they take the person serious and investigate more after they see he is doing good for himself money / stability wise....it takes 2 in society these days and sometimes instead of saying "he doesn't have it all together"....if u look at the guy and think he's cute and nice then maybe u would do better together, but too many women let a good guy slip away due to the stability they can provide to support himself in this society....when i lived with my roomates we didnt have alot of money to do things, but we chipped in to help with bills which i we couldn't do alone and we always had great memories...now that's how "real" friendship is....im starting to believe that being in a "relationship" is about stability and sex and not true friendship anymore.....maybe im wrong for saying that or wrong in my idea but this is my experience in life
But... being unemployed is not your only strike against you as a potential boyfriend or even husband. You've had a very extremely long list of setbacks and how can you expect a woman to overlook a track record like that? It's not just a matter of them saying that you are out of work and that you're blaming it on the economy, but you've also had your belongings stolen from you, you've been scammed out of $300, you've defaulted on your school loan and your credit rating is lousy, you have a bad leg... and with everything that has happened to you so far, your life keeps going downhill. So what woman in her right mind is going to take the gamble on falling in love with you? I am not disagreeing with you being a nice guy, but that's not enough to be a good boyfriend. Just as being a nice woman that has had the same bad luck as you is also going to be just as unappealing as a potential girlfriend to most men. And that is why I also suggested that you look for a girlfriend with your same bad circumstances to date. Maybe together, you can bring your lives upward.

The title of this thread "Bad economy = no girlfriend Greedy people/women?" is totally wrong. First, it's not the bad economy that caused you to lose your job, it was your roommate's situation. And actually, I feel that you could have gone to your old bosses right away to try to distance yourself from your roommate's lawsuit against them. Maybe you could have requested a transfer to another location. Maybe you could have asked them for 30 days to find a new living situation. And with that class you failed in school, you blame your bad lab partner. Well maybe you should have been proactive and talked to your professor ahead of time and gotten another partner or asked for help from him or the dean of your school. Schools actually want all of their students to graduate and do well because that makes for a good selling point to their future prospective students. You failing just makes the school look bad. As to your tooth abscess, maybe you need to floss more or have a healthier diet. But all of these little failures add up to show your potential dates that you can't handle life. I don't mean to be harsh, but you aren't a kid any longer. You really need to get your life in order pronto. Look harder into those free programs to help those in dire need. Visit your public library for some free knowledge. Whatever you think that you'd like to go to school for next, start reading up now to get the jump on things. Poke around your thrift stores and find some designer goods to throw on eBay. Be a babysitter or dog walker. Mow lawns. Be a dishwasher. Work two jobs. Just start thinking outside the box and grab any sort of income you can and save what you can. Make yourself start a savings account. Don't even think about buying any Christmas presents this year. You just can't afford it and Christmas presents are a frivolity.

And from reading about all your misfortunes, I feel that being a truck driver is not the career for you. With your bad luck, you shouldn't be driving a tractor trailor rig for long hauls. Go to unemployment and have some talks with their job counselors and find more realistic immediate and longterm job goals for yourself.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:

The title of this thread "Bad economy = no girlfriend Greedy people/women?" is totally wrong. First, it's not the bad economy that caused you to lose your job, it was your roommate's situation. And actually, I feel that you could have gone to your old bosses right away to try to distance yourself from your roommate's lawsuit against them. Maybe you could have requested a transfer to another location.
Actually it is a fitting title because the economy baring down on the owners of my company made them to be stingy greedy people who needed to save all the money they could to keep thier 3 cars and manshion....they paid a guy who was in charge of a store 7 dollars an hour for 8 months and said he was still "training" so that they didnt have to pay him the usual 9 dollars an hour a regular shift runner would get...the guy was in charge of employees and running the store while getting paid almost minimum wage....that's greed...

that and alot of other situations at work made me open my mouth to those owners about how they would not give the drivers more milage for delivery when the gas prices soared to 4 dollars a gallon last year....among other things ...so i spoke my mind and it all folded into the plan of them getting rid of one of the 2 best workers at thier store...my other friend not related to this story was an assistant manager for this company and he walked out one day because the owners were doing things to use and abuse him....

we lost 7 managers over the last year if that says anything..these people would promise every owner a bonus if they did this or that right and when the store manager would do thier job..they never saw the bonuses....there are two lawsuits that i know of against the company right now....corporate came in and told the owner to get his act together in 30 days or they would take over...they didnt even want to give my roomate workman's comp for being injured on the job because they would have to pay fees for that...that is how greedy they were and that is why they put that manager in the store to get rid of people who werent afraid to tell them the truth about what they were doing....

so that all falls into my firing...the pressure of the economy on these buisness owners is what made me get fired through situations and alot of other people got hurt by it to and it trickles down to our personal lives so it is the economy

so for u to say its my fault is ludacris because you have no idea of what kind of worker i was and what people that worked along side with me would say about my work ethics....i was with the company 5 years and when money got bad for the people at top ...they started getting shady with the way they ran buisness and screwed over more than just me...lots of people have left in the last year...the frikin owner was caught on a section of town picking up a prostitute years back and it was in the papers in Orlando...but its all our fault for not trying hard enough.....i stayed after we closed lots of nights and painted the store and did extra work for hours after i was scheduled to leave but it was not appreciated ...we never got a bonus or anything...we made 5 dollars an hour for that but i stayed as a good worker who wanted to help my co-workers get out at a decent time too...not be selfish and go home

Quote:
And with that class you failed in school, you blame your bad lab partner. Well maybe you should have been proactive and talked to your professor ahead of time and gotten another partner or asked for help from him or the dean of your school.
the lab partner thing happened at the last minute...we didnt have all we needed to complete the presentation so therefore i failed..its not all black and white when u read it....in that school the semester ends the week after the final presentation and they dont have another time slot to re-do anything..my fault again i guess i should jump off a building now...lol

Quote:
As to your tooth abscess, maybe you need to floss more or have a healthier diet.
healthier diet?....lol...growing up my parents couldnt afford dentists appointments for whatever reason..we were living in a car at one point and lived at peoples's houses and in a karate dojo once too....my dad fell off of a building and broke his back on a construction job in Houston when i was little among so many other things that its gonna take a novel to write about it....lol...therefore my parents were in my situation and struggling all the time too so i dont know how much more toothpaste i could have used to make my teeth healthier...sorry i couldn't afford the dentists like alot of people

Quote:
Don't even think about buying any Christmas presents this year. You just can't afford it and Christmas presents are a frivolity.
how would i do that anyways ....i mean u think i have money to do anything right now...or like im joking about being broke or something?....lol come on...this aint the first time christmas was brought back to the real meaning in my house....material items are not what makes christmas as i have learned over many christmas holidays...lol

i guess u know me and know what its like to be me and i don't deserve to have anyone in life because u have an opinion from a rough draft of what u read on the internet.....i didnt try hard enough right?...lol

Quote:
And from reading about all your misfortunes, I feel that being a truck driver is not the career for you. With your bad luck, you shouldn't be driving a tractor trailor rig for long hauls. Go to unemployment and have some talks with their job counselors and find more realistic immediate and longterm job goals for yourself.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,422,447 times
Girls don't like people who only talk about their problems (which you seem to have a lot)... It's a lot of negativity. Guys don't like girls doing that either. Everyone has stress and baggage, but smart guys generally keep it in control and compartmentalized so it doesn't spill into every aspect of their life.

You should go back to school and weather out this recession, get a chance to start on a new path. There are more single girls at school too.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:36 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
But... being unemployed is not your only strike against you as a potential boyfriend or even husband. You've had a very extremely long list of setbacks and how can you expect a woman to overlook a track record like that? It's not just a matter of them saying that you are out of work and that you're blaming it on the economy, but you've also had your belongings stolen from you, you've been scammed out of $300, you've defaulted on your school loan and your credit rating is lousy, you have a bad leg... and with everything that has happened to you so far, your life keeps going downhill. So what woman in her right mind is going to take the gamble on falling in love with you? I am not disagreeing with you being a nice guy, but that's not enough to be a good boyfriend. Just as being a nice woman that has had the same bad luck as you is also going to be just as unappealing as a potential girlfriend to most men. And that is why I also suggested that you look for a girlfriend with your same bad circumstances to date. Maybe together, you can bring your lives upward.
Not everyone's lives have gone according to plan. By the way it sounds, I have done wayy more to sabotage my life than the OP has, but I have been very lucky and have been in the right place at the right time and things worked out for me. He hasn't been so lucky, some his fault, some not so much.

He's asking for advice, not for someone to point out what a loser you think he is.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:47 PM

20 posts, read 13,283 times
RazorRob, I know you're not getting a lot of sympathy or support on here, but I feel for you man. It seems that you've had a lot of bad luck in your life and the last thing you need is to be put down further and dismissed as some sort of loser on an internet forum, which is supposed to be supportive. Life is often tough for us men, especially when we hit hard times. In our society, most women will either run a mile, or they'll choose not to get involved at all, because they refuse to tolerate any kind of weakness in a man. If the boot were on the other foot and if you were a women, I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't have got 1/8 of the flack you've received in this thread.

Anyway, my only advice to you is to forget about dating for now. Most women in the US are far too shallow and picky for you to even contemplate finding a mate while you're down on your luck (through no fault of your own, I might add). Just focus on you, focus on what you want out of life and try to see if you can come to some kind of agreement in relation to your student loans. So I'd say 1) try to find a job, 2) try to enroll in a community college, because they're cheaper and 3) stay focussed on YOU, rather than the pathetic game known as "dating".

Again, don't let certain people in this thread make you feel like you're some sort of loser, because you're not. I admire people like you and I despise the likes of those who put you down and try to make you feel like some sort of failure. Many of these people have clearly led sheltered lives of some sorts and have no right to pass judgment on you, or any of the hardships you've been through. Remember, it's easy to look down on someone from the comfort of an ivory tower, but it's not so easy to try walking in their shoes, or to even imagine what it's like to walk in their shoes.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfLeon View Post
RazorRob, I know you're not getting a lot of sympathy or support on here, but I feel for you man. It seems that you've had a lot of bad luck in your life and the last thing you need is to be put down further and dismissed as some sort of loser on an internet forum, which is supposed to be supportive. Life is often tough for us men, especially when we hit hard times. In our society, most women will either run a mile, or they'll choose not to get involved at all, because they refuse to tolerate any kind of weakness in a man. If the boot were on the other foot and if you were a women, I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't have got 1/8 of the flack you've received in this thread.

Anyway, my only advice to you is to forget about dating for now. Most women in the US are far too shallow and picky for you to even contemplate finding a mate while you're down on your luck (through no fault of your own, I might add). Just focus on you, focus on what you want out of life and try to see if you can come to some kind of agreement in relation to your student loans. So I'd say 1) try to find a job, 2) try to enroll in a community college, because they're cheaper and 3) stay focussed on YOU, rather than the pathetic game known as "dating".

Again, don't let certain people in this thread make you feel like you're some sort of loser, because you're not. I admire people like you and I despise the likes of those who put you down and try to make you feel like some sort of failure.

Your Majesty (Mighty King)
He really is, I for one certainly believe that this too shall pass. One is not normally responsible for the cards they are dealt and some never see this. I just say here as I said on another post to one of the posters here - I pray you never have to go through hard times. (or something along those lines)
Some of us have been to heck and back and I believe we are strong better people because of that.
Great response to Rob and there is strength in numbers (for those who pray, keep Rob and others in similiar situations in your prayers) - Rob I am convinced that you can get through this and if you ever need a shoulder - I am but an email away.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:57 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
I would also like to point out the irony in how if it was a woman down on her luck, there would be guys lining up to "save" her. Because it's a man, people pity and look down on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships