Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 PM

20 posts, read 13,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
that's dead on....i guess u are on my level ....it gets lonely sometimes but ive been alone out here for a year and previously for most of my life....so im used to living alone but you are right....and that is what i need to do is focus on me....who wants to be with people that are so judgemental anyway right?....the one girl above is the kind im looking for ...the one who said she dated and gave an unemployed guy a chance.....i dont plan on staying unemployed but just hearing that comment from her gives hope that all women aren't so shallow...thanks buddy
You should focus on Laura's reply, rather than those who put you down. That should give you hope, that not all women (or people in general) are so judgmental and shallow. There are plenty of people like Laura out there, but again, my advice is to focus on you. Forget about dating and all that ****e -- it's a fool's game anyway and it's a joke. Focus on you and your own goals. I know you have student loans, but once you land yourself a job, you can look into going to a community college, which won't cost you an arm and a leg. Being unemployed isn't your fault....I believe you. The economy is in the sh*tter right now and there are millions of others in your shoes. Just remember that you can get your life back on track and you're the one that can call the shots and decide who you want to be with and who you don't want to be with. Choose a partner that will be with you through both the ups and the downs of your life. Of course, I know that's hard to do in this country, which is more materialistic than even I'm used to :-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:29 PM

129 posts, read 494,084 times
I don't know what kind of people are in your world, but the girls in my world don't care about money. I hate it when guys think that girls don't like them because of money so they try to show off nice cars or whatever. It's like, stop trying to buy us! If the girl is really into you, it doesn't matter if you have a job or not. Which means "she's just not that into you"!!

I hate how society brainwashes us into believing certain things. Like you have to have a job. Or you have to go to college. Or you have to work your a** off to be successful. I'm gonna have a job if I think it's fun, not because I have to.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:43 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aek11 View Post
I don't know what kind of people are in your world, but the girls in my world don't care about money. I hate it when guys think that girls don't like them because of money so they try to show off nice cars or whatever. It's like, stop trying to buy us! If the girl is really into you, it doesn't matter if you have a job or not. Which means "she's just not that into you"!!

I hate how society brainwashes us into believing certain things. Like you have to have a job. Or you have to go to college. Or you have to work your a** off to be successful. I'm gonna have a job if I think it's fun, not because I have to.
I can tell you that you are in a rare corner of the world.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Yes, America has seen a rise in greedy women. No money, no show. Most wouldn't date the unemployed. Most women today prefer rich or employed men. Money is a magnet and it buys a woman's love.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:59 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,975 times
Man, you gotta rough life growing up from poor parents and thinking Domino's Pizza was a career! If you are really handsome then use that as an asset and maybe look for a sugar momma! But maybe you should think about the military or working at UPS.

Yeah, women won't be interested in you if you can't even afford to go out with them and pay for yourself!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Yeah, women won't be interested in you if you can't even afford to go out with them and pay for yourself!
Wow, our advice started paying off!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Man, you gotta rough life growing up from poor parents and thinking Domino's Pizza was a career! If you are really handsome then use that as an asset and maybe look for a sugar momma! But maybe you should think about the military or working at UPS.

lol...i like that vibe u give off ...good response ....well it ain't even like that...i pay all the time when i go out with a girl because im old skool....but ive been struggling at getting my life together lately..and i am attractive by the way...if u wanna see my pics go to facebook. and look for robert a. stafford...look me up for more pics on myspace...say hi if u want too..happy thanksgiving!!!

!!!!

Last edited by RazorRob305; 11-25-2009 at 10:37 PM..

Old 11-26-2009, 01:17 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Alright bro, I have several things for you here..Apparently, I'm known for my long posts, so brace yourself.
  • About the lawsuit...
I don't really know anything about the lawsuit, so I'm not even going to speculate on any of that. But, I'll tell you this: If you don't have good legal representation now, get it. Don't use the excuse, "I can't afford a good lawyer right now" - that doesn't mean anything. There are a lot of resources out there for people with no or low income. Check with your local chamber of commerce first, they usually have some good information on that. If they don't, then call the local Bar Association. I can guarantee that they'll be able to help, or at least provide you with direction.

Typically, when I hire a lawyer, I follow that route. Most of the time I can get a lot of good advice for no more than twenty bucks. You might also look online for "pro bono" lawyers. I remember seeing a few sites that had listings for them.

As an F.Y.I, Pro bono publico (usually shortened to pro bono) is a phrase derived from Latin meaning "for the public good". The term is generally used to describe professional work undertaken voluntarily and without payment as a public service.
  • About the education...
Going to college does help, a lot, but it isn't the absolute way to get a good job. I'll come back to that in my next bullet.

If you still want to go to college, there are things that you can do. First step, go talk to your student aide counselor. I had the same situation a few years back, and they were able to help me with the finances enough so that I could finish and get my degree. Basically, I had to pay back 40% of the loan before I could request a new one. That sounds like a lot of money, but when you send in as much as you can whenever you can, it adds up quick. That's just one option though, there are several others out there. You can try for various grants, scholarships, etc. as well.. I swear, there's a grant out there for every person living, you just have to do your homework on them.
  • About the job...
Like I said, having a college education helps, but a lot of employers look more for experience rather than education - depending on what kind of job you're looking for. First things first, create a resume. You can't do anything in the professional world without one. There are thousands of templates online that'll guide you through the process. Remember though, there are three types of resumes: experience resume, educational resume, and skills resume. When I used to create resume's, a good majority of them that I created were based on someone's skills, rather than their education or experience. I could spend an hour on the subject, but I'll refrain.. Again, just do your homework and you'll find a ton of excellent resources out there.

I will mention one resource that I think EVERY job seeker should take a look at. Go to the library and check out a book called, "What Color is your Parachute?", by Richard N. Bolles. I promise you that it will help you out. It's an excellent book, and it will guide you through everything you could possibly want to know about careers. It's one of those books that forces you to take a deep look at yourself and really examine what type of job you want. Once it helps you determine that, then it pretty much goes step-by-step in helping you get that job. It's an amazing book.

Here's the website: JobHuntersBible.com: -You can also read some of it if you go to Google Books and type in the title.
  • About the fiances...
A little more than six years ago, I was close to 40,000 dollars in debt. Since then, I've been able to pay off all of that debt, and buy a house, and have money to spare. It was hard as hell, and I wasn't making all that much money, but with determination and a little planning I was able to do it.

The first thing that you need to do is to get your finances in order. Create a budget - and I cannot emphasize that enough. Find out exactly where all of your expenses go, average all of that out, and slap it into a spreadsheet. A lot of banks actually have this feature online, so if you use a bank, talk to them about this feature. It'll help you a lot. I realized that I was spending nearly 300 bucks a month on coffee. On Coffee! Can you believe that? I knew it was a bad habit, but I didn't know it was THAT bad. Thing is, you'll start to see the same kind of situation. All those little things adds up into much bigger things. Once you know where those things are, you can start to reduce how much you spend on them. Once I did this, I realized that I had close to an extra 900 dollars a month. That's a lot of money right there.

Next, go talk to a non-profit credit counseling agency. Make sure to get your credit reports first - freeanualcreditreport.com - and take a good look at them. Most of these agencies will be able to help you get your finances sorted out to a point where you can live comfortably without worrying about little things like buying food.

Once you've done that, and have created a working budget, stick to it. Follow the plan as closely as you can, and you'll have no problems.

The very worst scenario is that they may suggest bankruptcy. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, make sure you understand it completely before doing anything. It's meant to be used as a last resort tool to get you back up and going, but only as a last resort.
  • About the ladies...
And now we come to this.. Thing is, finding someone for a relationship really don't have anything to do with money. It's all about confidence and attitude. You absolutely must have confidence in yourself, otherwise you might as well hang up dating for good. Some people are born with it, others have to gain it through experience. I've made a couple posts in my blog on this very subject, so maybe that will help you out a little.

For right now, I would work on getting your situation straightened out, and then worry about dating. I can tell you're a good guy, you've just been through some bad experiences.. I think that you'll be able to get all of this sorted out, and then you'll be able to get on with life.

My friend, I wish you the best..

Old 11-26-2009, 04:48 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305;11778516[B
]i was basically pointing out that if u don't have stability aka money then u really aren't worth anything in this society to women these days[/b] unless u meet them through a friend somehow...look at me.... case and point...as much as it hurts to hear for alot of women and as it is to live it for me...money aka stability is the main thing women are looking for and then they take the person serious and investigate more after they see he is doing good for himself money / stability wise....it takes 2 in society these days and sometimes instead of saying "he doesn't have it all together"....if u look at the guy and think he's cute and nice then maybe u would do better together, but too many women let a good guy slip away due to the stability they can provide to support himself in this society....when i lived with my roomates we didnt have alot of money to do things, but we chipped in to help with bills which i we couldn't do alone and we always had great memories...now that's how "real" friendship is....im starting to believe that being in a "relationship" is about stability and sex and not true friendship anymore.....maybe im wrong for saying that or wrong in my idea but this is my experience in life
I am not putting YOU down when I say that it's not your current lack of a job that might scare a potential girlfriend away, but your long string of "bad luck". Nice guys are great, at least they aren't verbally or physically abusive to their loved ones. But being a nice guy doesn't put food on the table for your family when life is constantly crapping on you.

And if any other guy with your circumstances and bad luck would scare off potential girlfriends even with a friend connection or vouch because they would know about all of your recent past life woes. Sure these women would still be your friend, but until you stop your long string of bad luck, no woman is going to want to marry you... and again, when women date, they are looking for a husband, not a good time. Especially the older they get.

And I mean it very sincerely when I hope that you can get some professional help to turn your life around soon. I just would hate for you to post next year all the bad luck you've had next. I want you to break your cycle of bad luck. All the bad stuff that has happened to you breaks the statistical average for anyone. And it does disturb me that your attitude is that all of your bad situations were entirely NOT your fault in any way, shape or form. Maybe a professional can help you be more aware of potentially bad situations for you because you aren't able to read the warning signs yourself. You need to be way pickier with those you trust and live with. Maybe you need to be less of a nice guy. And isn't a tooth abscess a cavity gone bad? Was there no warning signs of a toothache?

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 AM

126 posts, read 335,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i was basically pointing out that if u don't have stability aka money then u really aren't worth anything in this society to women these days
Um, it's not "these days"... it's since man made fire.

You should be thankful that relationships today aren't arranged through parents, otherwise you'd be in even more dire straits. At least now you can fool a girl to loving you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships