Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:07 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,797,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Are you or do you know people who are always happy?
Whats the secret? Are they to goofy to understand reality?
I know people who are broke are in bad relationships and they still have the big smile on their face.
My son's teacher is the happiest person I've ever seen, a constant huge smile and perky, about everything. You could tell her the world is ending and she would say "Isn't that fantastic"
I am always happy. The secret is positive attitude.

The people who are broke and/or in a bad relationship have a smile because they have a good attitude about thier future and want to improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:16 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,380,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariMarin View Post
To say that there's somthing wrong with someone because they're happy is silly. I myself am happy and optimistic about mostly everything. I try to live with the glass half full... To me there's just so much in life that makes me happy. People always have the choice to be happy or upset. Being happier is so much easier.

Mostly I think I'm like this because my childhood was stressful. I had a difficult childhood and realized something around those years- that you can't always control your situation but you can control your reaction to it. I choose to be happy. There are so many things in life to be thankful for. Also I'm most happy when I'm doing things, or around other people. Doing things around other people makes me happy. Since I'm always doing things around other people I'm always happy. I would just say surround yourself with positive people and things that make you happy. Get rid of the negative in life. And when crap happens which it will realistically, just find a way to laugh at it or find a positive. I'm not saying I'm happy all the time. I'm not. But when crappy unexpected things in life happen you just have to pick yourself up and keep going.

Also I disagree those who say people like this can't sympathize with others. In fact because you're not letting the stress of daily life get you down and can stay positive, it allows you to better empathize with others because you're not weighed down with the problems of your own life. You can concentrate on them and help them, to the best of your abilities.
I just think it's modern society that says life has to be a *****.

I think the key to being content is having a sense of humour and seeing life as a party.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
People smile when they don't understand. Always a reason behind it.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
What's the secret? People like this are ignorant that's the secret!!!! This is why the phrase "happiness is bliss" was coined. See happiness largely depends on how much you know, in conjunction with what kind of ride life has taken you on. Uaa, I guess that sounds redundant, but I digress.

Anyhow, just take a look around (plenty here in America), some of the most happy go lucky people generally display the most ignorance in things such as basic history (e.g., Pol Pot) and current events (e.g.,Darfur). The matter only gets worse when an individual lacks any real harsh life experience.

Also, and another angle to this, is that, most people don't take anything seriously until a problem lands at their own front door! So for example, many people today don't care about their own health/body (which is a temple) so they eat anything, drink anything, smoke/snort anything and screw anything until their body gives out THEN, all of the sudden, they change and become more serious and less goofy/bubbly all the time. I saw this happen twice; two guys I knew almost died in their 40'/50's due to decades of eating a POOR diet and ZERO exercise.

Ok, so an easy life leads to more happiness?

I don't agree. It depends on personality, coping skills, and to some extent life experience. It's way some people are more prone to depression than others are.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Ok, so an easy life leads to more happiness?

I don't agree. It depends on personality, coping skills, and to some extent life experience. It's way some people are more prone to depression than others are.
Many can cope with the most horrific things they have seen in life. My own father lied dead in front of me from a heart-attack. I don't hate life, nor people.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
Your father died of natural causes. Why would you hate life or people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Many can cope with the most horrific things they have seen in life. My own father lied dead in front of me from a heart-attack. I don't hate life, nor people.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM

Many people turn evil or depressed after they lost a loved one.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I disagree with this also. Coping skills are relative, and in our society we're not taught coping skills.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I disagree with this also. Coping skills are relative, and in our society we're not taught coping skills.
So many are born with coping skills?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
So many are born with coping skills?
I think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships