Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When you work close to 50 hours a week it's a right
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
he does lol

Old 12-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
he does lol
No he doesn't , if he did, he'd be dating more than once per year.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

I have to balance out the stress from work

Old 12-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Of course you do

Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
I met this girl online about 3 weeks ago and we haven't met face to face yet because she was sick but now has fully recovered. She sent a email yesterday saying-"are we still on for saturday?

Here is my problem

Since meeting online, 80% of our communication has been email and we only had 1 phone conversation that lasted about 15-20 mins because she had to make a run. So I have not been able to get a feel for her personality over the phone and just been mostly email. I feel kind of weird meeting someone who I have not had a chane to connect with over the phone.

So my question to the guys is would you still go on the date even though there has been very little phone talk?
I have no idea if the OP went on his date or not, and personally I don't really care having read teh most of this thread. He obviously doesn't care what advice people are giving him if the advice doesn't go coincide with his preconceptions towards dating & relationships. The ego is a powerful self-defense mechanism.

For those of you who are open to advice, I give you this tidbit about online dating:
Giving too much away over the phone, texts, and email leaves nothing to learn about in person. If anything you're doing yourself a favor by not pouring out your emotions and life's history ahead of time before actually building a connection. And make no mistake, no matter how good of a connection you think you have from talking online, it's all reset the moment you actually meet in person the first time.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
I have no idea if the OP went on his date or not, and personally I don't really care having read teh most of this thread. He obviously doesn't care what advice people are giving him if the advice doesn't go coincide with his preconceptions towards dating & relationships. The ego is a powerful self-defense mechanism.

For those of you who are open to advice, I give you this tidbit about online dating:
Giving too much away over the phone, texts, and email leaves nothing to learn about in person. If anything you're doing yourself a favor by not pouring out your emotions and life's history ahead of time before actually building a connection. And make no mistake, no matter how good of a connection you think you have from talking online, it's all reset the moment you actually meet in person the first time.
Very true at times it is like starting all over.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Quote:
I met this girl online about 3 weeks ago and we haven't met face to face yet because she was sick but now has fully recovered. She sent a email yesterday saying-"are we still on for saturday?

Here is my problem

Since meeting online, 80% of our communication has been email and we only had 1 phone conversation that lasted about 15-20 mins because she had to make a run. So I have not been able to get a feel for her personality over the phone and just been mostly email. I feel kind of weird meeting someone who I have not had a chane to connect with over the phone.

So my question to the guys is would you still go on the date even though there has been very little phone talk?
First off, why would you entertain getting to know her over the phone? That's crazy to me. At least if you get to know her in person, you'll be able to see if she's for real or not. I never meet girls over the phone. My style is face to face conversation.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
First off, why would you entertain getting to know her over the phone? That's crazy to me. At least if you get to know her in person, you'll be able to see if she's for real or not. I never meet girls over the phone. My style is face to face conversation.
You have to know TVSG from his posts and threads to know that your post is actually pretty funny!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Oh Grasshopper, you're surely not using THAT excuse yet again? You're a student educational counsellor for crying out loud which is an in itself, you're not a bloody neurosurgeon.

The major stress you suffer from is not being able to get a date and has nothing to do with work and stress. Cheese and bread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships