Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 17,936 times

Advertisements

Seeing is believing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times

Of course you should date her. Seriously, what's the worst that could happen?

I met my first wife when she walked up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder, and asked me if I'd go on a date with her.

So now you know the worst that could happen. Guard against that and you'll be okay. Have fun!

Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,055 times
Raena,..i don't think (and hope) Huck wasn't attempting to make a blanket statement..as i for one know that women..and men of all sizes have Internet profiles..i think it is just a given in today's world.. you do have to be careful though..just as you would when meeting someone face to face..common sense.. how are ya by the way.. on my way out for a couple..lol

Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Raena,..i don't think (and hope) Huck wasn't attempting to make a blanket statement..as i for one know that women..and men of all sizes have Internet profiles..i think it is just a given in today's world.. you do have to be careful though..just as you would when meeting someone face to face..common sense.. how are ya by the way.. on my way out for a couple..lol
I'm great and I know huck was just making a general statement that the fat, nerdy, and ugly hide behind the computer. lol. How are you doing?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I met this girl online about 3 weeks ago

So my question to the guys is would you still go on the date even though there has been very little phone talk?
Absolutely not!! Stay home and stare at the ceiling instead until your eyes are like this >>>

Continue this until you have realized you have wasted so much time wasting so much time that you have run out of time to waste...

Old 11-25-2009, 11:29 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
Quote:
I met this girl online about 3 weeks ago and we haven't met face to face yet because she was sick but now has fully recovered. She sent a email yesterday saying-"are we still on for saturday?

Here is my problem

Since meeting online, 80% of our communication has been email and we only had 1 phone conversation that lasted about 15-20 mins because she had to make a run. So I have not been able to get a feel for her personality over the phone and just been mostly email. I feel kind of weird meeting someone who I have not had a chane to connect with over the phone.

So my question to the guys is would you still go on the date even though there has been very little phone talk?

OMG!!! Take the date!!! You haven't had a date all year!!! The year is almost over! Get out there and take the date before 2010 my dear! Who cares at this point what this girl looks like or acts like, just take the date!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,990 times
Quote:
I met this girl online about 3 weeks ago and we haven't met face to face yet because she was sick but now has fully recovered. She sent a email yesterday saying-"are we still on for saturday?

Here is my problem

Since meeting online, 80% of our communication has been email and we only had 1 phone conversation that lasted about 15-20 mins because she had to make a run. So I have not been able to get a feel for her personality over the phone and just been mostly email. I feel kind of weird meeting someone who I have not had a chane to connect with over the phone.

This Saturday? You are kidding, right?

I thought Saturday was already booked for you:

12:30 PM No. 12 Oklahoma State at Oklahoma
3:30 PM No. 17 Miami (FL) at South Florida
8:00 PM Georgia at No. 7 Georgia Tech

Granted, the OU game might not be worth watching.. considering how poorly they've done this year, but the other two games? Really now, you can't miss those!

Besides that, you don't have a cell phone so how could you keep up with the scores? Isn't it a long way to drive to Philadelphia (or NYC, or Washington, or where-ever this current flavor of the week is from) without being able to get all the replays and highlights?

Seriously dude, if you like the chick, go out with her. Ya never know until ya try.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
This Saturday? You are kidding, right?
He even said he was going to try and get a date for Friday, too! Three dates before 2010 hits.

36 days and counting, TVSG.........

Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
He even said he was going to try and get a date for Friday, too! Three dates before 2010 hits.

36 days and counting, TVSG.........
"He has high hopes, he has high hopes,
He has high, apple pie in the sky hopes!"

Old 11-26-2009, 12:01 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Quote:
Supposed to be nice
then you can wear sunglasses so she doesnt recognise you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships