Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,074 times

Advertisements

Career women are very Selfish, Spoiled, and very Greedy too which they really do Cause Most Divorces today Unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:12 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Well someone is frustrated.....

Old 05-15-2016, 07:15 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerWomenCauseDivorce View Post
Career women are very Selfish, Spoiled, and very Greedy too which they really do Cause Most Divorces today Unfortunately.
Awwww did one of them turn you into stay home dad?

You created an account just to say this. Hope it was worth the post.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Well someone is frustrated.....
I am certain he is a repeat, often banned, offender.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am certain he is a repeat, often banned, offender.
In my head, I call him June Cleaver. Welcome back, June!

Old 05-15-2016, 07:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In my head, I call him June Cleaver. Welcome back, June!
June is apt. Better than ward.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:27 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
& if it does? how much does it matter overall? For instance, I was having a conversation w/ a friend of mine & she said that most women prefer to be either extremely career driven or family-oriented, but then she argued that most women these days try to find a healthy balance between the 2...

I plan on teaching elementary school once I graduate from college in May & my friend (who I spoke with previously) is a business major & wants to be an entrepreneur...we looked at some of the top female CEO's & most of them were unmarried...

Another example, whenever I tell a guy I'm seeing that I'm studying Education or I'm going to be a teacher, it feels like all their vital signs go up...but when some of my friends tell guys that they are going into biomedical engineering, these same guys (or same caliber guys) are unimpressed...I don't know, it might seem like a dumb question but how much does a woman's career matter to a man?
Trying and failing. I think it's impossible for a woman to "balance" career and family. That's expecting too much from any one person. There's no way one human being can do a great job working full time, raising kids and giving them the attention, love, and support they need, doing the housework and cooking, taking care of oneself, AND nurturing a loving relationship with a significant other. Anyone who believes that is possible is living in a fantasy land. And that's not even counting relationships with friends and other family members such as grandparents. I'm actually surprised the divorce rate is as low as it is. Something's got to give, and the woman has to have a job for income and has to be a great mom for the kids. So oftentimes, the marital relationship and "me-time" is unattended to. I'm not placing blame on women or anyone else; just being honest.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:44 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trying and failing. I think it's impossible for a woman to "balance" career and family. That's expecting too much from any one person. There's no way one human being can do a great job working full time, raising kids and giving them the attention, love, and support they need, doing the housework and cooking, taking care of oneself, AND nurturing a loving relationship with a significant other. Anyone who believes that is possible is living in a fantasy land. And that's not even counting relationships with friends and other family members such as grandparents. I'm actually surprised the divorce rate is as low as it is. Something's got to give, and the woman has to have a job for income and has to be a great mom for the kids. So oftentimes, the marital relationship and "me-time" is unattended to. I'm not placing blame on women or anyone else; just being honest.
o gawd, absolutes. You cannot make an argument like this just because you haven't seen it in action. There are tons of women and men that do this on a regular basis. You can argue that career choice may affect the extent to which one can effectively fulfill their obligations but this post in completely inaccurate.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:04 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Apologies for dragging out a almost 6-year old zombie thread, but this is a prime reason why societal expectations have to adjust. The binary system that our friend June Cleaver wants where a man's job is work and a woman's job is home doesn't necessarily fly anymore. And really, the only reason why men traditionally never had to fuss about "having it all" the way women do is that their having it all was done on the back of a woman who gave up her needs to manage his. It's the 21st century. Both men and women (or whoever's in the relationship) have to find a balance that meets their needs and gets stuff done.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-15-2016 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 09:16 AM

231 posts, read 201,962 times
No, I do not judge whether I like a girl based on her career unless of course she's a prostitute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships