Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Oh. I meant to say, what goes on during buck season? Do strange women go crazy and have sex with hunters in a tavern outside the city limits? Are there lots of them or something?
Are you booking a flight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 06:47 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Oh. I meant to say, what goes on during buck season? Do strange women go crazy and have sex with hunters in a tavern outside the city limits? Are there lots of them or something?
Well, it works both ways - men and women. lol Since I've never partaken, I will leave the particulars for someone else to describe

Old 11-28-2009, 06:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Are you booking a flight?
LMAO. I'm trying to prevent anybody I date from booking one!

P.S. That was really wrong.

Last edited by temptation001; 11-28-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well, it works both ways - men and women. lol Since I've never partaken, I will leave the particulars for someone else to describe
I had never heard of this before. I am worried.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
The answer to the Op's orginal question is 'yes' if you look at another thread TVSG just got his first date in almost a year.
IMO your mistake was approaching a group of girls, they are just as bad as men in groups. You probably came off creepy because you were alone. When trying to socialize with a new group your best bet is to match the numbers.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:03 AM

146 posts, read 462,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You need to learn how to lay done more groundwork before asking a strange woman out. Especially if she is really attractive. Attractive women get a lot of male attention, so for you to try to ask her out is not that exciting to her. You have to show her why she should date you over any other guy that talks up to her. You also have to treat her more like a person, not a sex object. She needs to feel that you would be willing to be her friend even if you couldn't date her. The creep factor is more that the men walk up to her with only one goal in mind, to date her.

And consider that you've noticed her and thought her a potential date or girlfriend based on her good looks. Meanwhile, she hasn't noticed you at all. Not even a blip on her radar. So you are counting on her to suddenly like you enough to date within the space of a few minutes of chatting, especially if you look and act like Joe Average. Stop expecting the woman to suddenly be crushing on you just because you are trying to ask her out on a date. It just doesn't work like that with women. Men are visually stimulated. Women need brain stimulation and to get the vibes that you would make great husband material down the line.
Well, how are you supposed to portray any of that when the girls don't give you a chance to talk to them (I mean seriously, what the **** is that; turning away and whispering in your friend's ear when someone introduces them self to you?)

It seems like a catch-22; don't ask a girl for a date until you've gotten to know eachother.

But how are you supposed to get to know eachother without going on a date.

Please elaborate how to be "exciting to her" and to not "look and act like Joe Average."

Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I should apologize huh? Interesting. Coming from a woman no less.

As a guy, I feel like I have a little better insight into his psyche.

First off he titles the thread "Are single girls more open to men's advances during the holiday" That in itself seems a little predatory, at least to me, he's not approaching females and trying to be friendly, he's just looking for a piece, at least that's the way I would interpret as.
So I'm supposed to have absolutely no desire for girls at all? I should just be friendly cuz "it's the right thing to do?"

Should I be a eunuch?

How should I take them off, wire or razor blade?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Ok, so after reading what everyone has had to say, I must admit that the pick-up line that BLJ used was ridiculous! I'm with the second girl!! I would not have spoken a single word to you from that point on! Reason being is this, if you try too hard, it's obvious!!! When you're obvious, you look desperate and desperation is not attractive, I don't care how cute or hot you are or think you are! I recommend never approaching a 'group' of ladies! If you want to find someone, talk to a lady that is by herself or a lady with one friend! The more friends that are around the more opinions on why there is a single guy in a bar alone!!! If you are with a group of guys and you hit on a girl with a group of friends, that is different! The playing field is equal for both groups! Good luck!
You say I was trying to hard, I was just trying to joke around and lighten the conversation.

Miu said herself that a guy has to be "exciting to a girl" so what would you have suggested, saying "hi, what's your name? I'm BLJ. Pleasure to meet you? Where are you from? What do you do?" That's so plain and boring.

Also, you say to go after girls who're by themselves.

I have never, ever seen a girl who was halfway attractive in a bar by herself.

I don't see that big of a difference between approaching a group of 2 or 3 girls.

I've also tried to bring my friends out with me, but they're either complete cowards or totally socially inept when it comes to meeting girls in bars and parties and such.

What did I do or say that would warrant "not speaking a single word" to me?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The answer to the Op's orginal question is 'yes' if you look at another thread TVSG just got his first date in almost a year.
IMO your mistake was approaching a group of girls, they are just as bad as men in groups. You probably came off creepy because you were alone. When trying to socialize with a new group your best bet is to match the numbers.
God damn it! This is what I was afraid of

I was told here by all of you, after my friends blundered up a night at the bar, that I should go out on my own, and not worry about looking like a creep; that women appreciate a man who has the confidence to go out on their own.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:02 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
God damn it! This is what I was afraid of

I was told here by all of you, after my friends blundered up a night at the bar, that I should go out on my own, and not worry about looking like a creep; that women appreciate a man who has the confidence to go out on their own.
There's nothing wrong with going out on your own. Your approach could just use a little work is all. Will some girls find you creepy because you're alone? Probably. But surely not ALL of them. The other alternative is to find different, less obnoxious friends to hang out with so you're not all by yourself.

Quote:
Well, how are you supposed to portray any of that when the girls don't give you a chance to talk to them (I mean seriously, what the **** is that; turning away and whispering in your friend's ear when someone introduces them self to you?)
Surely you know this is how girls can be. You just have to ignore it and not take it personally.

Quote:

Miu said herself that a guy has to be "exciting to a girl" so what would you have suggested, saying "hi, what's your name? I'm BLJ. Pleasure to meet you? Where are you from? What do you do?" That's so plain and boring.
A simple "hi" can do wonders. You don't need to bombard them with questions. As I think I suggested earlier in this thread, buy them a drink and then go up to them a little bit later. Hell, they may even come to YOU first to say thanks for the drink. How 'bout asking them if they want to play a game of darts or pool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships