Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Prince Charming DOESN'T exist?

Yes, he does. I met him when I was 54. He's real. He's breathing. He has a bloodcount.

I'll tell him he doesn't exist as soon as he gets back in from feeding his white steed and searching for windmills. A couple hours, tops.
Actually, I just got back in from feeding my old gray mule and searching for a coffee mill. A couple of minutes, tops.

(Hi, darling!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,687 times
The only Prince Charmings I know are gay. All of them.

I don't know any straight woman who gets to 24 and still has any romantic notion concerning straight men.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,750 times
The following comment from this article is a worth reading:

Wise girls settle for Mr Good Enough - Times Online

Quote:
I will be 44 this year and until around 10 years ago I had men falling at my feet, (a situation I assumed would never end) but the dearth of attention in my late 30’s & early 40’s has been astounding. The majority of men at this age are married or (worse) too young, and looking for a ‘cougar’. The nicest guy I know loved me deeply, (I think he still does) but my rejection caused him to marry someone else, have children with her and move to another country. I saw him last week and when we parted I sobbed for an hour. We change, we evolve and our needs become more fundamental. It’s not settling, it’s having the foresight to realise that this will happen. I wish I knew that before, my ‘wish list’ would have looked completely different.
One more:
Marry Him! - The Atlantic (March 2008)

Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
I think women just overcompensate. When they are in their early to mid 20's they aren't picky enough and give too many losers a shot. Then when they get closer to their 30's they become too picky and guarded.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think women just overcompensate. When they are in their early to mid 20's they aren't picky enough and give too many losers a shot. Then when they get closer to their 30's they become too picky and guarded.
Very true!

I have seen this happen to many of the girls I knew. They were so damn pretty and could grab any guy they wanted, but they assumed there was always someone better. They rejected and dumped guy after guy. Now their in their 40s, alone, or married to some old dude with two kids of his own. So sad, but so true. I see it on these forums, just how picky some women can be and it amazes me. Picky is good, to a certain point, then it turns on you.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,800 times
Quote:
I think women just overcompensate. When they are in their early to mid 20's they aren't picky enough and give too many losers a shot.
What you call "not picky enough" and "losers" I call "looking first and mainly for superficial attributes" and "members of the lucky sperm club".

Old 02-05-2010, 04:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
Quote:
I think it's just the opposite. Women are more picky when they are young. Picky in the sense that they are looking for a Prince Charming type perfect man. Not picky at all when it comes to character or decency however. Young women also look for "confidence" (dominance) which often leads to getting in abusive situations. Only after a woman ages and is tired of being used and abused does she become less picky and will settle for a beta male who treats her well..if she can find one.

On a personal note 20 years ago I was friends with a beautiful young lady who who extremely critical and judgemental towards men who didn't fit her Prince charming ideal. She was so selective that she eventually had two children out of wedlock from random guys she met at clubs that she felt were physically attractive enough for her standards. I have kept in touch with her off and on through the years and have been amazed how downtrodden her life has become. She got on all government welfare programs and eventually gave custody of her children to her mother. I recently did a google search on her and was shocked to see was arrested over the holidays after a violent incident at a retail store. That wasn't her background at all. I wonder how her life would have turned out if she married and raised a family with any of the men she judged as not perfect enough when she was younger?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
What you call "not picky enough" and "losers" I call "looking first and mainly for superficial attributes" and "members of the lucky sperm club".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think it's just the opposite. Women are more picky when they are young. Picky in the sense that they are looking for a Prince Charming type perfect man. Not picky at all when it comes to character or decency however. Young women also look for "confidence" (dominance) which often leads to getting in abusive situations. Only after a woman ages and is tired of being used and abused does she become less picky and will settle for a beta male who treats her well..if she can find one.

On a personal note 20 years ago I was friends with a beautiful young lady who who extremely critical and judgemental towards men who didn't fit her Prince charming ideal. She was so selective that she eventually had two children out of wedlock from random guys she met at clubs that she felt were physically attractive enough for her standards. I have kept in touch with her off and on through the years and have been amazed how downtrodden her life has become. She got on all government welfare programs and eventually gave custody of her children to her mother. I recently did a google search on her and was shocked to see was arrested over the holidays after a violent incident at a retail store. That wasn't her background at all. I wonder how her life would have turned out if she married and raised a family with any of the men she judged as not perfect enough when she was younger?
True you could probably say they aren't picky enough when it comes to the things that truly matter but when it comes to the more superficial things they're extremely picky. I call it the nice guy vs bad boy phenomenom that I've noticed over time. Women when they are younger will spread their legs for the bad boy that she thinks is hot and "thinks" is confident but then when she gets older she wants the nice guy that will be faithful to her and take care of her. This is why I'm extremely leary of dating a single mom with kids out of wedlock I refuse to be the second choice "after" she banged all her bad boys for god knows how many years.

This is why some nice guys become bitter towards a certain percentage of women a little later in life because the nice guys are basically the second choice for these women. They already spread their legs for countless numbers of hot cocky alpha males before she finally "settled" for the nice guy. Now you can be a hot cocky nice guy of course but the hot cocky nice guy doesn't get a younger woman's motor purring for some reason.
Jay F your story basically matches what I've seen if my life the best thing you can do is let these women sink and go after a really good woman. One that didn't screw up her life chasing and being obsessed with the bad boys.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,750 times
Quote:
True you could probably say they aren't picky enough when it comes to the things that truly matter but when it comes to the more superficial things they're extremely picky. I call it the nice guy vs bad boy phenomenom that I've noticed over time. Women when they are younger will spread their legs for the bad boy that she thinks is hot and "thinks" is confident but then when she gets older she wants the nice guy that will be faithful to her and take care of her. This is why I'm extremely leary of dating a single mom with kids out of wedlock I refuse to be the second choice "after" she banged all her bad boys for god knows how many years.

This is why some nice guys become bitter towards a certain percentage of women a little later in life because the nice guys are basically the second choice for these women. They already spread their legs for countless numbers of hot cocky alpha males before she finally "settled" for the nice guy. Now you can be a hot cocky nice guy of course but the hot cocky nice guy doesn't get a younger woman's motor purring for some reason.
Jay F your story basically matches what I've seen if my life the best thing you can do is let these women sink and go after a really good woman. One that didn't screw up her life chasing and being obsessed with the bad boys.
A M E N ! ! !

This best sums up what I've witnesses as well. Almost every single woman that I've ever met follows this trend. Chalk it up as an unintended consequence of feminism and women's lib. All the freedoms to run buck wild crotch hopping from alpha to alpha and almost none of the responsiblities thanks to condoms, abortion, and the pill. Toss in some serial monogamy along the way and you've got your average good looking woman's dating SOP.

And then there's this:

One Key To Marital Success: Have Fewer Options « Roissy in DC

Quote:
“Options means instability. At 40, a woman has fewer options in the mating market, and so she is less likely to be tempted to leave a marriage for a better prospect, or even a different prospect. It is no surprise then, that divorce rates are lower for couples who got married later in life. If you want marital success (I hesitate to call it happiness) then the key is to limit your options”
In other words women aren't generally marriage material these days until their looks fade and the alphas move on to greener pastures. That's the grim truth for beta males now. Marriage ensured betas has exclusive sexual access, which is one of the reasons it was such a huge success down through the ages. Now we're operating on a more capitalistic method. Without govt intervention the natural result of capitalism is a few large monopolies. In the sexual marketplace that means a handful of alphas with harems and plenty of women for no strings attached sex. Betas get left out of the market completely until the alphas stop monopolizing the women, which happens when their attractiveness fades. Then the problem is the women graduate into another social rung where it's the older alphas who monopolize the women still. Even with betas going for the cougars (which drops off naturally on it's own), the 50 & 60 year old alphas end up monopolizing the 30s & 40s year old women.

Last edited by Nutz76; 02-05-2010 at 11:52 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
There is no such thing as a generic prince charming - just as there is no such thing as a generic perfect woman.

You guys discuss women like you actually know what we want and think and you have no idea. It's amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships