Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 AM

7 posts, read 15,120 times

Advertisements

Hey, all of you.
I am new here and I would really love to hear your opinions about this subject, as well as helping some of you if you are in some kind of a messed up situation.
*waves*
So, this is my problem:
We were together for a year and he was best bf I ever had and I knew he loved me ,I loved him too and it was kind of a love that we meant its gonna last forever (although 'forever' is like basis in any love story ).
But two months ago he broke up with me saying the love just disapeared. After that we didn't communicate for awhile. I missed him, but I thought thats best.And, I kind of moved on.
Recently, he started talking with me on the messengers and using words like: cute, sweet, sexy and etc.I know it's probably because he wants to be kind and stay friendly, but he makes me believe that he still wants me.
And I did love him, yes, but I realized we are different and the break up was the best thing to be done, although I miss him terribly at times.
But, for some reason I still want him and I still want to hear he wants me.
Do you think a (further) distance in the communication might make him realize he still loves me or makes him miss me?
And, why he is so friendly again?

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-29-2009 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaXX View Post
Recently, he started talking with me on the messengers and using words like: cute, sweet, sexy and etc.I know it's probably because he wants to be kind and stay friendly, but he makes me believe that he still wants me.
And I did love him, yes, but I realized we are different and the break up was the best thing to be done, although I miss him terribly at times.
But, for some reason I still want him and I still want to hear he wants me.
Do you think a (further) distance in the communication might make him realize he still loves me or makes him miss me?
And, why he is so friendly again?
Welcome to CD!

It sounds like you are contridicting yourself here.
You say you realized the break up was for the best, but then you say, you still want to hear him say that he wants you?
It sounds like you need to decide in which direction you want to go.
Then..you can worry about the rest of this stuff.
It sounds like "headgames" to me. Good luck!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
He's probably horny. Not saying that to be condescending either. Sounds like he may have hit a dry spell and he's looking for a sure thing. If he was honestly interested in getting back with you he'd make a more concerted effort to reel you back in and not just with the occasional flirty text. If you really want to know what his motivations are, invite him to hang out (not at your place or his) and see how the day goes.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:42 AM

417 posts, read 982,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Welcome to CD!

I'd second that.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Welcome to CD!

It sounds like you are contridicting yourself here.
You say you realized the break up was for the best, but then you say, you still want to hear him say that he wants you?
It sounds like you need to decide in which direction you want to go.
Then..you can worry about the rest of this stuff.
What I thought is I don't want future with that guy, but I would like to hear him saying he made a mistake.
Maybe it would be a boost to my ego after those 2 months.
Thanks for the advices.

Maybe, it's only about sex after all.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 AM

951 posts, read 1,810,619 times
In most situations, the type men most women go for are really only "into" themself. This is considered to be "confidence" in the current relationship lingo.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:43 AM

I am not sure I know what you mean.
Help

Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaXX View Post
What I thought is I don't want future with that guy, but I would like to hear him saying he made a mistake.
Maybe it would be a boost to my ego after those 2 months.
If you do not want a future with this guy, then move on.

If you are looking for an apology, just ask him, or tell him.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
When you started talking again, who made the first contact, you or him?
Also, was it a real life love affair or internet?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Real life.
And it was him who made the first contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships