Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM

449 posts, read 877,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbms View Post
Black Jack22 I think maybe you should learn how to treat a woman, I take it you are divorced or dumped several times.
Ok I feel I need to answer this one fully, myself and she who must be obeyed (that a big clue for you) got together 28 years ago and even though we both had jobs that had us in charge it soon became pretty clear who the dominant partner was. A year later we got married into what was a female led marriage, she took the promise to obey part out and I had it put in. Many will say it is a Dominant/submissive relationship, so be it, in all these years we have remained faithful and loving to each other and not felt the need to do the making me dress in her stuff or her going out to get lovers thing, being the submissive partner does not mean you have to have no balls, in fact quite the opposite.
I feel that some people wrongfully classify subversive men as weak men. Somewhere along the line, they have been wrongly told that submission in a man is weak. It is my opinion that we are the strongest of men
As a truly submissive man I am a protector, a servant, a planner, as well as a graceful reflection of my Dominant Partner. I am conscious that my appearance is reflection of her and therefore endeavour myself to always be well put together. I am a silent reflection of her strength and a supporter of her dreams and goals.
As a submissive man I act with dignity, in fact I act with the dignity of the best butler…anticipating her needs because I know her. I know she drinks a cup of tea before bed and strive to have it waiting for her when she retires. I know after a long day she will need a foot rub and at weekend a massage so I have learned to do these. I know after a bad day she want to have someone to moan and complain to without having an opinion or interruption, so I do that. I will always take her word as law and never question it and will always do as she asks.I strive to posses the best of manners, and what I mean by this goes way deeper than what the general society believes. I go shopping with her and carry her bags, I always open the door for her, I pull out her chair every time, no matter the location. I stand when she leaves the dinner table, even when we are alone. I realise that my manners are a reflection of my deep gratitude for her.
As a submissive man I am a gentleman first. I am honourable. I don’t act out in order to seek what might be an enjoyable sexual favour or punishment. In fact, a punishment is never enjoyable; it’s a failing to please my Mistress. And it’s never fun.
The fun comes not only from the deep service I provide, but also when I am alone with my Mistress and a scene evolves. She knows me well and because I am indispensible to her, she will make every fantasy I have come true. When I am ill she cares for me deeply she forbids me to do a thing, it is at those moment I know how much she appreciates me.
She values me tremendously. I am not less than her, but an extension of her. I am invaluable because even though I am submissive to her, I am not submissive to everyone. I serve her and only her (mind you we have had a little fun in that with some of her female friends occasionally as she has a little bi tendency which I am happy to indulge her with), and in that service comes a sense of joy and purpose. It also defines me as a man, a strong man, a submissive man.

Anyway that is my opinion as a Manxman, maybe you lot across the pond have a more primitive chest thumping attitude but this has worked for almost 30 years for us so that alone says something.
Wow!!!!!!This is the man for me...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I think submissivness is very, very hot in a girl. Very hot.

I didn't use to think this way, but I think part of it is over the last 5-10, how masculine and "masculated" (is that a word) women have become. Through income equality, college attendance (don't they far outdistance men?). Advances women have made in politics...Hilary potentially as president. Or Palin.

Those are nice and great for women. But as a guy, part of me doesn't want to see women completely equal as guys. Would guys really want to see that?

Also, this computer world of the last 10-15 years. If you're communicating online with a girl, the two of you are basically androgynous, typing in an androgynous, "unisex" communications box. Terrible

I think technology has kind of ruined the genders in some way. I don't want to live in an androgynous world.

One of my female online "friends", she's girly. I like it when she writes in pink. She's cute. And generally, its hot when a girl follows what you do. From what I've found, women like guys that take the reigns. But she has to be comfortable with it.
Of course you don't want to see women as equal, that is what misogyny is all about.

While some women have indeed become masculine in their demeanour, I would hardly say many or most women have. Women still dress up, put make up on, wear high heels and perfume and do other feminine things. Usually the only masculine women I see around are lesbians.

I don't know about some men, they seem to want this caricature of the 1950s women which doesn't exist anymore. When you treat a woman as an equal partner then you'll get to appreciate the strong, the weak and the feminine, just as when women treat their man as an equal they will get the strong, the weak and the masculine, all working together in a strong partnership.

I don't mind submissiveness as long as it is shared equally between both people.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't know about some men, they seem to want this caricature of the 1950s women which doesn't exist anymore
Yes, some men want that woman from the 1950s as much as women want that knight in shining armor sweeping them off their feet.

Quote:
I don't mind submissiveness as long as it is shared equally between both people.
Yet, lots of people see equality as something wrong and others talk about equality only in things that benefit them but not the responsibilities of equality.

Is there a double standard for being submissive? Yes. A man that desires a woman to be submissive is seen as something bad while a woman who wants a submissive man "Yes honey, whatever you want" may be seen as something nice.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes, some men want that woman from the 1950s as much as women want that knight in shining armor sweeping them off their feet.
The only difference is that many men are willing to try to live up to the fantasy.
Quote:
Is there a double standard for being submissive? Yes. A man that desires a woman to be submissive is seen as something bad while a woman who wants a submissive man "Yes honey, whatever you want" may be seen as something nice.
Case in point: Princess Bride

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas Youuuuuuuuuuu Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
the 1st submissive act for the man was saying "i do" the rest was logical and was merely avoiding the inevitable divorce law suit and his resulting poverty. as to women being submissive, have you noticed that lions always crouch before they spring? did you know that the females do all the killing and hunting? 2 reasons, they really like doing it & they are much better at it.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-29-2010 at 12:57 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
The only difference is that many men are willing to try to live up to the fantasy.
Yeah. The 1950s image of women is seen as something from the past and women don't necessarily embrace that image. It seems like something that would be insulting. Women are not willing to live up to the 1950s image, while men are willing to live up to women's fantasy of the knight in shining armor? I can see that.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
as to women being submissive, have you noticed that lions always crouch before they spring? did you know that they females do all the killing and hunting? 2 reasons, they really like doing it & they are much better at it.
But the male participates and without him the females will fail. Do you know how lions hunt? The females circle the prey and the male lion lets out a bellowing roar causing the prey to run screaming right into the claws of the awaiting females.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah. The 1950s image of women is seen as something from the past and women don't necessarily embrace that image. It seems like something that would be insulting. Women are not willing to live up to the 1950s image, while men are willing to live up to women's fantasy of the knight in shining armor? I can see that.
Well, why is the 1950s image so awful? Why is it insulting to provide care for your family? Can you explain that without getting defensive? Can you Keep in mind the woman of the 50s wasn't a slave. She was a vital member of the family, providing a much needed role*, and cherished as such. What's wrong with that?

Knights in shining armor are from the past too. Truthfully men are more wiling to embrace this fantasy because we don't shed our past so quickly. We understand and embrace this fantasy role, not because "it looks good" or it gives us advantage. It doesn't give us much advantage to die for our mate, does it? It doesn't give us much advantage to slave away at the factory all day, does it? It doesn't give us much advantage to give our coat to our woman, does it? It doesn't give us much advantage to pull her chair out for her. Even if being the leader gives us the opportunity to make decisions and we could conceivably abuse that power, that's not why we embrace the fantasy role. After all, the fantasy is about protecting and providing, not dominating. No, the role isn't about us at all. It's all about the woman. We embrace this role because it speaks to our heart. I recommend the book "Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul." The truth contained within and the universal acclaim that it received speaks volumes. It's a good read for women and for men.

*A role that has all but vanished today - and look at what ill-supervised kids are doing today as a result.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Well, why is the 1950s image so awful? Why is it insulting to provide care for your family? Can you explain that without getting defensive? Can you Keep in mind the woman of the 50s wasn't a slave. She was a vital member of the family, providing a much needed role*, and cherished as such. What's wrong with that?
Personally, I don't consider the 1950s image to be awful. But I normally hear from women, specially those with an education/degree or high paying executive jobs, to find that 1950s wife image, let's say, not something they aspire to do. Remember how Hillary Clinton expressed herself about housewives?

Quote:
After all, the fantasy is about protecting and providing, not dominating. No, the role isn't about us at all. It's all about the woman. We embrace this role because it speaks to our heart. I recommend the book "Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul." The truth contained within and the universal acclaim that it received speaks volumes. It's a good read for women and for men.
Yeah. I guess men embrace the role of providing, protecting, giving, etc. While women embrace the role of receiving that from a man. A man that likes a woman will think about what he will do to get to her and ask her out. A woman that likes a man is more inclined to think about how she will be approached and asked out.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah. I guess men embrace the role of providing, protecting, giving, etc. While women embrace the role of receiving that from a man. A man that likes a woman will think about what he will do to get to her and ask her out. A woman that likes a man is more inclined to think about how she will be approached and asked out.
And what she can do to entice him. Apparently demonstrating a 1950s style womanhood isn't a part of that any more. Thanks sexual revolution. Now all a woman has to do is show her cleavage and a man will give up his right to be a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships