Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,307,373 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many times I have said this but if you want to attract a good woman, the keyword is CONFIDENCE. If I was a woman, I don't see why I would be interested in you if you are not even a confident person.

You can spend your life trying to blame it on other people, women, society but most of the time, the problem is YOU!

This forum is full of guys who don't even know how to relate to a female at the most basic level, now, how do you expect a girl to be interested in you?

I have been rejected several times, still, I keep going because I know I am a decent person, not perfect, but I am confident, all it takes is one woman who understands you and sees that you are confident, and you are set. Now, if rejection makes you want to give up, then, it will be really tough, because you will have to try several times before you get to something good, if you are not even trying, then you will never get anything.

It seems like a lot of the dudes that post here are very emotionally immature, socially awkward or seriously lack in the game department, until you start to work on yourself, mature emotionally and make yourself "interesting" to other people, it will be hard to find someone.

If you want someone to love you for who you are are, you have to love yourself first, women don't like guys who have low self-esteem, who have no confidence or who are clingy or emotionally unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 03:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
I think we've all at some point in time said " enough! I won't do this again!" Yet we do I felt like that when my wife walked out on me last year, even though our marriage was long over it still hurt enough to not want to try again.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 AM

936 posts, read 2,060,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't know how many times I have said this but if you want to attract a good woman, the keyword is CONFIDENCE. If I was a woman, I don't see why I would be interested in you if you are not even a confident person.

You can spend your life trying to blame it on other people, women, society but most of the time, the problem is YOU!

This forum is full of guys who don't even know how to relate to a female at the most basic level, now, how do you expect a girl to be interested in you?

I have been rejected several times, still, I keep going because I know I am a decent person, not perfect, but I am confident, all it takes is one woman who understands you and sees that you are confident, and you are set. Now, if rejection makes you want to give up, then, it will be really tough, because you will have to try several times before you get to something good, if you are not even trying, then you will never get anything.

It seems like a lot of the dudes that post here are very emotionally immature, socially awkward or seriously lack in the game department, until you start to work on yourself, mature emotionally and make yourself "interesting" to other people, it will be hard to find someone.

If you want someone to love you for who you are are, you have to love yourself first, women don't like guys who have low self-esteem, who have no confidence or who are clingy or emotionally unstable.
Wow, how original! Can I get that stitched on a pillow somewhere??

Old 11-04-2011, 07:22 AM

32 posts, read 44,408 times
Quote:
I don't know how many times I have said this but if you want to attract a good woman, the keyword is CONFIDENCE.
The problem is that men who are very confident usually have something to back up their confidence whether it is good looks, a muscular physique or a lot of money.

Men who do not have those qualities can still show fake confidence but many women can smell fake confidence from a mile away.

Last edited by DepressedKid; 11-04-2011 at 08:36 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
But you don't need muscles or money to have something to be confident in. It's a bit ironic coming from me, the king of emo posts on here, but surely you have SOMETHING that's worthwhile about you.

I'm not ripped, I'm not rich, I'm not Einstein. But I am pretty smart, I'm a damn good listener and problem solver, I'm a kind soul, and I'm a loyal and solid friend to all who are the same to me. I'm also pretty damn good with computers (if you wanna add some sort of vocational skill to it). And that's all I need to "back up" my confidence.

Surely you've got qualities like that, ones that aren't visible to the naked eye but that have a heck of a lot more effect on the success of a relationship.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am done. I am resigned to being alone for the rest of my life.
ditto here--ex husband killed all desire to even date again--and if i EVER did --he would have to be blind,deaf,confused,and not have any living relatives

Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
yes absolutely--- run over by the truck of disappointment and left to bleed. but that is when love found me, cleaned me up, and got me to act again like a human being.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,103,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
But you don't need muscles or money to have something to be confident in. It's a bit ironic coming from me, the king of emo posts on here, but surely you have SOMETHING that's worthwhile about you.

I'm not ripped, I'm not rich, I'm not Einstein. But I am pretty smart, I'm a damn good listener and problem solver, I'm a kind soul, and I'm a loyal and solid friend to all who are the same to me. I'm also pretty damn good with computers (if you wanna add some sort of vocational skill to it). And that's all I need to "back up" my confidence.

Surely you've got qualities like that, ones that aren't visible to the naked eye but that have a heck of a lot more effect on the success of a relationship.
Looking at it from this side of the spectrum, I can cook, clean, do the laundry, fix the car, fix the toilet and the kitchen sink.
I've spent much of my life thinking I should be "the man of the house".
Perhaps it's better to just accept fate and go with being "the man-servant of the house".
If I do this, I may just end up getting with a woman that's also tough, attractive and intelligent.

Sometimes we just have to drop our facade and just go with what we were meant to be.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:

How about this, if someone wants to give up then let them. If someone wants to walk away then let them. The title of this thread isn't how to get a girlfriend it's has anyone else given up on dating and love. I don't know how many times I have to tell you people this. Besides, weren't you the same dude who texted a girl like a million times and made a thread asking "OMG what's wrong with people"?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,393,675 times
*raises hand* me me me! LOL And I am going out and getting hit on by losers left and right, making me not regret my decision in the least. Isn't that awful? Having apparently no hope of getting my version of a decent/attractive guy is even Awfuller because the guys who DO hit on me seem to Ignore the blantant I am NOT interested signs and are such LOSERS. Sheesh. Keep away Keep AWAY losers...Where can I buy loser Kryptonite? I'm thinking of getting an artificial wedding-band... If only I could legally use pepper spray or a taser on some of these disgusting s c h mucks who have the nerve to hit on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships