Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:56 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

No offense but If I was an attractive woman, I would be like "What a bunch of losers" after reading what has been posted here. Like someone said, women HATE and run away from people with such negative attitudes and outlook.

OP: I think you need to find out what is wrong with you, seriously. I am assuming you are saying or doing things that scare girls away, girls hate guys who are clingy, needy or persistent. I hope you don't tell girls how much you love them after a couple dates or ask them if they want to marry you.

What kind of guy are you? Are you fit? Do you take good care of yourself, do you dress nice? I am amazed by how many guys don't take care of themselves, don't work out, don't wear cologne, dress like ****, don't shave regularly, don't take care of their hair and wonder why they ain't getting none.

You need to work on your game and I am not talking about BSing, cheating or lying but most women like men with a little edge Also, women like guys that have goals, aspirations and dreams. Right now, you are your worst enemy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 01:55 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
No offense but If I was an attractive woman, I would be like "What a bunch of losers" after reading what has been posted here. Like someone said, women HATE and run away from people with such negative attitudes and outlook.

OP: I think you need to find out what is wrong with you, seriously. I am assuming you are saying or doing things that scare girls away, girls hate guys who are clingy, needy or persistent. I hope you don't tell girls how much you love them after a couple dates or ask them if they want to marry you.

What kind of guy are you? Are you fit? Do you take good care of yourself, do you dress nice? I am amazed by how many guys don't take care of themselves, don't work out, don't wear cologne, dress like ****, don't shave regularly, don't take care of their hair and wonder why they ain't getting none.

You need to work on your game and I am not talking about BSing, cheating or lying but most women like men with a little edge Also, women like guys that have goals, aspirations and dreams. Right now, you are your worst enemy!
This is a good post. In addition to the bolded, be an interesting person. You can work on that right now by resolving to learn something new every day. Pick a subject, any subject. The most interesting people are those who learn from what's out there and then talk about ideas.

Exposing yourself to learning new things might open up an interest to something new, and you are likely to have better luck meeting someone if you have the same interests. But the interest has to be genuine for you to be truly interesting--"I'm going to take up decorating wedding cakes because chicks might be involved" isn't gonna work.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM

When I think about it, the thing about girls wanting a dude with an edge is so true. I don't know if you ever heard of rapper Baby Bash. I don't even listen to rap that much or like ghetto stuff, but this dude is seriously cool, got a great personality and girls say he is sexy. I can't imagine a guy like him not being able to get a date. You gotta work on your game, my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQiXZr744qQ

Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I think I am a closet optimist so I can't say I have given up on love and dating, but I have for sure gone to another level. I hav a different outlook and attitude... I am no longer looking or expecting, but I still like the idea of romantic hope.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
I was in a pretty long, miserable marriage, and I can't imagine ever remarrying...or even letting anyone move into my home.
Basically I don't live my life to find a "mate" (women I know think they can't live without a man ), because I'm not needy like that....but when a toy comes along, I'll play with it for a little while...

Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM

454 posts, read 688,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
You don't need to "have someone" to be happy. I think dwelling on it just makes you miserable. Many people don't get the choice to be single and happy.

Bingo....was his name Ohhhh!

I agree...and as lame and painful as it sounds, you really don't need someone to be happy. During the times you feel this way, appreciate your own company. Think about the times you've gone out with friends and girls and realized you'd been better off not going with them.

I also suggest you stop looking, take a step back. Being desperate is the worse time to date because you become vulnerable and indiscriminate. Anyone (man or woman) has the power to hurt you when you are desperate.

Dont give them the power. You time and company is far more valuable, let them know that!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:55 PM

454 posts, read 688,681 times
Quote:
That was my **** back in 2007!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
I've given up on actively pursuing a relationship. I have lots of love: God, family, my friends. You don't need to "have someone" to be happy. I think dwelling on it just makes you miserable. Many people don't get the choice to be single and happy. I just think you can be both. Love is out there in many shapes and forms. Don't let others opinions dishearten you.
Sorry, but if you have given up, it usually means, there is something wrong with you. I can't picture not having a person of the opposite sex in my life and thinking that is just OK, it just sounds so absurd! I broke up with my ex about 2 months ago and although I have a friend(a woman) I talk to everyday, I can't picture myself going more than a few months without a girlfriend. Even the whole "getting to know a new person" part of the game is very exciting. Not to mention not having sex and going to bed every night by yourself, you guys must be NUTS!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Even the whole "getting to know a new person" part of the game is very exciting. Not to mention not having sex and going to bed every night by yourself, you guys must be NUTS!
Exciting for some; painful for others. I can't say I've given up per se and for good, but I'm not actively pursuing it, either.

I believe you're a young'un. Perspective changes with age and experience.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:48 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Listener View Post
Please reverse that. Talk to the opposite sex. Start by just saying "hi" to every female you see, young or old, interesting or not. Do not make any excuses. Some will ignore you, that's fine, just keep on saying "hi".

"I won't talk to that woman because I am not interested in her.", "I won't talk to that woman because surely she won't be interested in me." - just talk to them, darn it, initiate. You are a male, it is your job to interrupt females.

This is good advice. Give it a try for a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships