Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,811 times

Advertisements

I am curious. My boyfriend (of almost 2 years ) was invited to his Aunts wedding up in Canada more then a few months back and was not attending because his ex wife was going (newly divorced) and he said it was not right if he went. Well I am here and he is in Canada for the wedding without me. He offered to take me and my 2 children to the falls to wait for him in New York while he ran up to Canada. Granted he wasnt even going until a week before the wedding so of course me and my children had no passports. He wont pick up his phone. He didnt even tell me he made it in ok. Tells me he will be home sometime tomorrow (this was not an overnight trip). The thing is he has been too friendly with his ex lately and they have a little girl together. He always sneak calls her and texts her. and whats worse is he disrepects me to avoid pissing off his ex. Custody and visitation is already finished so thats not an issue. I have a bad feeling in my stomache and he really does nothing to reassure me. He also tried to dump me a couple months ago telling his ex that i was going on vacation for awhile.....without me even knowing......i caught him telling her. HELP

Last edited by Sam I Am; 09-09-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 06:47 PM

419 posts, read 466,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOYOheart View Post
I am curious. My boyfriend (of almost 2 years ) was invited to his Aunts wedding up in Canada more then a few months back and was not attending because his ex wife was going (newly divorced) and he said it was not right if he went. Well I am here and he is in Canada for the wedding without me. He offered to take me and my 2 children to the falls to wait for him in New York while he ran up to Canada. Granted he wasnt even going until a week before the wedding so of course me and my children had no passports. He wont pick up his phone. He didnt even tell me he made it in ok. Tells me he will be home sometime tomorrow (this was not an overnight trip). The thing is he has been too friendly with his ex lately and they have a little girl together. He always sneak calls her and texts her. and whats worse is he disrepects me to avoid pissing off his ex. Custody and visitation is already finished so thats not an issue. I have a bad feeling in my stomache and he really does nothing to reassure me. He also tried to dump me a couple months ago telling his ex that i was going on vacation for awhile.....without me even knowing......i caught him telling her. HELP
If you try reading your post with as impartial a view as you possibly can, I'm pretty sure you know where this is going. Time to call it a day and move on - and good luck.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:17 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Help? Why do you need help. I think it is pretty plain that you need a better boyfriend...He is being a jerk to you. Don't take this type crap, because if he is lying to you about his ex he would likely lie to you about many other things. Make a break and take care of yourself and your children. What you accept you teach....don't let them see you getting treated badly. Lots of support for you, just ask.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,550,211 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious, dear. Time to let him go.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Dump him. If he hasn't moved on and is still being "way too friendly" why did they divorce? Divorce means move on, you're not friends with them.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:

He's lying and sneaking around. Nuff said. You already caught him according to this post. You are not #1 here his ex is. Sorry you are going through this but do you want be the "other woman" to his ex? I hope not.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,160,231 times
I'm sorry to hear how he's treating you. I agree with the others, get rid of this guy. He's not going to be worth all the heartache you'll endure if you stay with him. He obviously doesn't respect you. He still has feelings for his ex, plus they have a kid together so she'll always be around. The sneaking, the lying about your whereabouts - that pretty much sums it up. Your kids also deserve a better potential stepfather. Leave him now before they get more attached to him.

Good luck to you! You deserve better!

Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:

Your boyfriend is a liar. Get rid of him.

Yes, it's just that simple.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Read what you wrote then make your decision. Everyone else who has read it so far understands clearly and completely what is going on. This is a decision YOU have to make for YOURSELF and no one else can make the RIGHT decision for you. Either accept the fact he lies and still has strong feelings for his ex wife and live with it or dump him like a wheelbarrow full of coal and move on with your life and find someone you are more compatable with who does not lie or have feelings for his ex wife. If you do choose to move on, do not respond to any texts, phone calls or email and definitely do not meet him anywhere. An EX becomes an EX for a good reason so cut all ties completely and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships