Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I enjoyed reading your posts until this.

Thats just plain fn ignorant.
Hi virgode,

You consider lying to an SO to be a far less serious matter than do I. I am blissfully ignorant of its aftermath. Why would he lie about something that he knows must be discovered? Such a move indicates he is either an idiot or that he is ephemeral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi virgode,

You consider lying to an SO to be a far less serious matter than do I. I am blissfully ignorant of its aftermath. Why would he lie about something that he knows must be discovered? Such a move indicates he is either an idiot or that he is ephemeral.
Don't bother to throw up the smoke screen dude, your comment to OP
was ignorant, you know what I'm referring to, reading is comprehension.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:46 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Hi gywnedd1,

I don't think the OP asked about what you thought of her hip/waist ratio? Next you'll be telling her that long hair is a sign of good health and fertility? Neither are relevant to the original post. LOL.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:57 AM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Ehh it was only a couple months. I would let this one slide but keep your eye open. Think about turning 39 yourself and then you actually get that "over the hill" label....I think I would probably lie a bit too. Thats just a ewwy label to have on yourself. He probably prizes his youth and that is why he is dating a 28 year old.
Exactly my point.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Let us know how it works out. You sound like you won't take BS from a guy so if he is or isn't the real deal it will come out sooner than later.

Best of luck.

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Well... I had been seeing this guy for a couple of months now, maybe a bit less... idk.

He said he was 35, I believed him... and turns out he is 39!!! he'll be 40 in March!!! ugh... why lie? specially on something so trivial, something that will sooner or later be discovered? I don't think I mind it much, I am almost 28; a 12 year difference is not that bad...

Now I am dissapointed, and a bit upset... don't know what to do, he is nice, and I enjoy his company, but he lied!!! ugh...

what do you all think? should I cut him a break? should I dump him for being a liar?
People lie all the time to get what they want.Guys in particular lie by their actions. . They take bathes-they comb their hair, they wear uncomfortable clothes, and work at jobs they hate, just to get in a positon to get close to some action. It's all a Lie. ---guys are more like "The Dude" than most people like to admit. "mind if I do a j" type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Hi gywnedd1,

I don't think the OP asked about what you thought of her hip/waist ratio? Next you'll be telling her that long hair is a sign of good health and fertility? Neither are relevant to the original post. LOL.

Hi sophialee,

I have been on both sides of the scale. I know which side works best. Put yourself in the best position to find the best mate. If she is considering this guy, then her pool is too small. No woman with game would put up with it. I don't flinch when I know what her life can be for the next 40 years. So it is completely relevant. Get out of the cloudy fish bowl.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sophialee,

I have been on both sides of the scale. I know which side works best. Put yourself in the best position to find the best mate. If she is considering this guy, then her pool is too small. No woman with game would put up with it. I don't flinch when I know what her life can be for the next 40 years. So it is completely relevant. Get out of the cloudy fish bowl.
How is that relevant to the OP's original question about a guy who lied about his age? That's all she asked. She didn't ask for anyone's opinion on weight, hip-to-waist ratio or how she can increase her dating pool.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Don't bother to throw up the smoke screen dude, your comment to OP
was ignorant, you know what I'm referring to, reading is comprehension.
Hi virgode,

I do no make pretty lies on a board asking for real advice. If you think appearance has nothing to do with the critical early stages of a relationship, then tell those pretty lies and attend the funeral which will be the next event. She has every asset available to her to dump 10 men better than this.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
How is that relevant to the OP's original question about a guy who lied about his age? That's all she asked. She didn't ask for anyone's opinion on weight, hip-to-waist ratio or how she can increase her dating pool.

It is because a woman with confidence and options dump men like this. It means she does not think she can find a 35 year old who tells the truth right off the bat. I took the wrapper off and read the whole book. I am not a fortune cookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships