Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
LOL c'mon guys surely there are some average looking females you could hit up and dazzle with your personality? Are you guys sure you aren't 4 or 5's that wasted a lot of time looking for 10's??
Truthfully, I'm not looking. Just commenting on the lack of reaction a get is all. I don't need to be the center of attention, but at lest feel like I am there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,592,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I sometimes feel the same way. Like my user name suggest I have a rugged but genuine charm to my appearance. Similar to Sam Elliott or John Wayne. I dress in clothes that never go out of style and while looking nice, I don't get caught up in the fashion of the week trends. I prefer to spend my free time on a lake doing some fishing or working on cars in stead of golf and so on. While some women want this kind of guy, I haven't had the best of luck finding one. I sometimes wonder if the "real deal" American man is out or something? Women say that real men wear pink. Not this old boy!lol....
I think in all reality it may have something to do with how big one mans bank account is.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Truthfully, I'm not looking. Just commenting on the lack of reaction a get is all. I don't need to be the center of attention, but at lest feel like I am there.
Ok but that seems like a contradiction. I know there are woman who feel the same way you describe, but if you're not even interested in hooking up and finding them, what's the problem?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Ok but that seems like a contradiction. I know there are woman who feel the same way you describe, but if you're not even interested in hooking up and finding them, what's the problem?
I have been around the block a few times. The things that make me feel complete, have little to do with people I just meet. I have Two wonderful Sons, and a life that brings me joy. And as much as I hate to admit it, people don't always make that better. they often make things more difficult. So I have my close friends, I have known for years, and meet new people from time to time. but usually because we have things in common. Not because I'm on the prowl, looking for targets of opportunity.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
dull little bitter tasting worms are often ignored by robbins looking for a meal.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times
Quote:
I think in all reality it may have something to do with how big one mans bank account is.
Yes, I agree but if the women sitting next to you at a red light knew her stuff it would help. Like the 4x4 Diesel 3/4 Ton pick-up you are in. 2 1/2 Honda's she is in=1 truck. They don't give these away anymore, do they guys?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dull little bitter tasting worms are often ignored by robbins looking for a meal.
Good for the worm.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,481 times
Quote:
Nah, I is what I is, and I'm cool with it. when I was younger, I would dress for success, to get the gals. but at some point, I had to just be myself. No tricks, no facade. I decided it was more important to be liked for the real me, than some staged presence I had made up, as a lure. But thank you for your thoughts.
No tricks, no facade? With all due respect, are you sure this is not an excuse to dress sloppy/young?

Regardless, IMO, this is why you are having a problems getting noticed. It's just the way it is in 2009, if you want to attract the most positive attention you need to dress in European (e.g.,Bespoke suits) style clothes. lol, I'm not even European and even I know in order to be taken seriously I need to don European clothing.

If not, dressing for the "real me" will only attract a much smaller segment of the population, and at your age, there are certain styles that you can't get away with or some styles all together you will loose credibility with your peers. For example, I cringe when I see 40-50 year old guys with sloppy dress codes, young teen style hair cuts, or young teen apparel (e.g. Famous Straps & Stars).

Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I have been around the block a few times. The things that make me feel complete, have little to do with people I just meet. I have Two wonderful Sons, and a life that brings me joy. And as much as I hate to admit it, people don't always make that better. they often make things more difficult. So I have my close friends, I have known for years, and meet new people from time to time. but usually because we have things in common. Not because I'm on the prowl, looking for targets of opportunity.
Again, then no reason for you to worry about feeling invisible. Just enjoy your life.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Yes, I agree but if the women sitting next to you at a red light knew her stuff it would help. Like the 4x4 Diesel 3/4 Ton pick-up you are in. 2 1/2 Honda's she is in=1 truck. They don't give these away anymore, do they guys?
You just need to find the right woman. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships