Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you sleep with Susan Boyle for 2K?
I'm male and no! 33 80.49%
I'm male and yes! 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

5 People voted yes? WTF? over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
This has to be the meanest, cruelest, most disgusting "thread" I've ever seen. I guess all you guys are real prizes, huh? How shallow, how ignorant. I don't give a dam what any of you post in response to this - you're the lowest bunch of insensitive dirtbags ever.
Susan Boyle is an angel. She's magnificent....and she's FAR, FAR too good for any of you.
How better off this world would be without you. It's people like YOU that infest this society with your thoughtless hate. Your own lack of heart and intelligence deters the rest of us from living our lives in a loving world.
Aaaa..you guys have no idea what I'm talking about. Duhhhhh.
It's all about sex in your puny little shriveled up brains.
Yeah, I agree. It is a bit too cold outside to wash my car. You know, just the right temperature where the soap starts to freeze then won't rinse off. Then the door handle may freeze, and yeah. You can just imagine what a mess that would be.

You win, I will not wash my car.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lol...Im not hateful...I dont think. I already know Im out of line in this thread. But then again, thats what this thread is about. If she doesnt know how to laugh at herself from time to time then she doesnt have as good of a personality as I initially thought. Everyone has been the butt of jokes, or at least I have, and I lived through it. It wont kill her. The general consensus in society is that nearly ALL men are ugly, with women holding the title for being beautiful.

Well, thats true, but just as there are a couple of exceptions to the notion that all men are ugly, there are a couple exceptions to the rule of all women being beautiful, and she's one of em.

Like I said before, I dont even hold her natural looks against her..they arent unsalvageable, but she looks like she puts no effort into looking attractive. So that is how society judges her.

News outlets and Entertainment shows (many of which are anchored by women) were the FIRST to bring up her gruesome appearance. S. Boyle already said that she knows she's not too hot and she isnt concerned about it. It seems to me that if she's not concerned about it, she wont be concerned about people who choose to speak about it. I could be wrong however. She may check this thread, stop touring and doing album signings, and maybe even explode. I doubt it but we'll see.

Anywho, Im surprised this thread is being taken so seriously. Ill tell you this much, if she cant laugh at herself she should try and socialize more imo. I remember my teammates used to just sit around making fun of one another just for fun...It was a game they played. Everyone laughed for a while and then went their separate ways. If she saw us, Im sure she wouldnt think we were all attractive.. big whoop, I'd deal with it like I'd deal with every other woman who hasnt found me attractive -- Keep it moving.
Oh - my - God.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Susan Boyle for 2K?

I wouldn't

Vote away (males only)
Anybody check out the photo in dave nz's (OP) profile? Just wondering.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lol...Im not hateful...I dont think. I already know Im out of line in this thread. But then again, thats what this thread is about. If she doesnt know how to laugh at herself from time to time then she doesnt have as good of a personality as I initially thought. Everyone has been the butt of jokes, or at least I have, and I lived through it. It wont kill her. The general consensus in society is that nearly ALL men are ugly, with women holding the title for being beautiful.

Well, thats true, but just as there are a couple of exceptions to the notion that all men are ugly, there are a couple exceptions to the rule of all women being beautiful, and she's one of em.

Like I said before, I dont even hold her natural looks against her..they arent unsalvageable, but she looks like she puts no effort into looking attractive. So that is how society judges her.

News outlets and Entertainment shows (many of which are anchored by women) were the FIRST to bring up her gruesome appearance. S. Boyle already said that she knows she's not too hot and she isnt concerned about it. It seems to me that if she's not concerned about it, she wont be concerned about people who choose to speak about it. I could be wrong however. She may check this thread, stop touring and doing album signings, and maybe even explode. I doubt it but we'll see.

Anywho, Im surprised this thread is being taken so seriously. Ill tell you this much, if she cant laugh at herself she should try and socialize more imo. I remember my teammates used to just sit around making fun of one another just for fun...It was a game they played. Everyone laughed for a while and then went their separate ways. If she saw us, Im sure she wouldnt think we were all attractive.. big whoop, I'd deal with it like I'd deal with every other woman who hasnt found me attractive -- Keep it moving.

Did you know that Susan Boyle has learning difficulties and is mentally "slow" . That she had a serious nervous breakdown recently because she couldn't handle the pressure ?

She has been put on a pedestal for her singing and at the same time made to feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame for her looks. She is basically being exploited by people whose sole interest is to line their pockets.

What do think it feels like day in , day out to be mocked and ridiculed by millions of people. Every single of your photos and tv appearances scrutinised for looks. A relentless constant savage attack on something she can do nothing about ( and should not have to ).

Maybe you can handle being bullied but sadly not everyone can. Is it so very hard to treat other human beings with respect and kindness ? Is it so much to ask ? Easy laughs and nobody gets hurt, How conveniently naive and careless...

Every action and every word we put out into this world has consequences. I know it's terribly "boring" and "square" but it is the truth.

Words can hurt people as much as physical violence and yet most of us who would condemn violence and assault are quite happy to disparage and mock some of our fellow human beings and trivialise their lives.

What are you ? 9 years old or something ?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Did you know that Susan Boyle has learning difficulties and is mentally "slow" . That she had a serious nervous breakdown recently because she couldn't handle the pressure ?

She has been put on a pedestal for her singing and at the same time made to feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame for her looks. She is basically being exploited by people whose sole interest is to line their pockets.

What do think it feels like day in , day out to be mocked and ridiculed by millions of people. Every single of your photos and tv appearances scrutinised for looks. A relentless constant savage attack on something she can do nothing about ( and should not have to ).
Oh, the irony. She goes on a show, which sole purpose is to crique and ridicule performances thus narrowing it down to real talent, in the face of millions of people !!! Omg!!

I don't know how it feels because I never went on reality TV.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Maybe you can handle being bullied but sadly not everyone can. Is it so very hard to treat other human beings with respect and kindness ? Is it so much to ask ? Easy laughs and nobody gets hurt, How conveniently naive and careless...

Every action and every word we put out into this world has consequences. I know it's terribly "boring" and "square" but it is the truth.

Words can hurt people as much as physical violence and yet most of us who would condemn violence and assault are quite happy to disparage and mock some of our fellow human beings and trivialise their lives.

What are you ? 9 years old or something ?
Ouch, my feelings are hurt. Quit making fun of me..Im sissa-tive

Old 12-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Oh - my - God.
truth hertz donut? lol

Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Oh the irony. She goes on a show, which sole purpose is to crique and ridicule performances thus narrowing it down to real talent, in the face of millions of people !!! Omg!!

I don't know how it feel because I never went on reality TV.
I wouldn't know either not only I have never been on reality TV, I have never even watched the show or any other reality tv shows ever. I wouldn't even know what Susan Boyle sounds like. I have been told she has a great voice.

The only thing I know about her is from the news and newspapers ( "proper" newspapers BTW, not even the tabloids because of course "celebrity" is such a worthy subject nowadays , who cares about real issues... )

And you are right about the irony. Those shows to me are the pits because they do ridicule and exploit people . I suspect it wasn't Susan Boyle's idea in the first place though if reports of her "child-like" personality are anything to go by. She sounds like a very "simple" woman with serious emotional issues and someone who is extremely fragile.

I don't like nastiness for the sake of nastiness or cheap laughs. A terrible flaw of mine of course, I realise I am somewhat backwards that way.

There is a big difference between satire and tawdriness. I have no problems with satire which is cruel to those who deserve it, the dishonest, the hypocritical politicians, the talentless shallow vapid celebrities who all abuse the system . As far as I am concerned they are all fair game.

But to mock someone for what they look like is plain childish to me.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Oh, the irony. She goes on a show, which sole purpose is to crique and ridicule performances thus narrowing it down to real talent, in the face of millions of people !!! Omg!!

I don't know how it feels because I never went on reality TV.
Thats what I was thinking. I mean you "live by the sword, die by the sword". No? She's chosen to make her millions in the public spotlight without caring about her appearance. Thats perfectly fine, but she cant be upset when other people judge her appearance, after she's chosen to place herself in the public arena, and profit from it handsomely (the irony), no less.

You dont see Danny Davito crying about being unattractive. And he's been the butt of jokes since as long as I can remember.

I think S. Boyle should take consolation in the fact that her looks can inspire other considerably unattractive people to follow their true dream, and show the world their true talent. Then, the image of an unattractive celebrity wouldnt be so noteworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships