Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:01 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times

Advertisements

What the heck? Tell your mate to build a bridge and get over it. Jesus. Yeah, I feel bad for her and everything, but this reminds me why I quit a job I had where 85% of the workers were women. Issues and conversations like these were DAILY OCCURRENCES. It drove the few men there absolute nuts.

Get over it and stop whining like a little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
I think you need to knock some sense into your friend so neither one of you has to deal with him.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
"Drama Queens" are every where now days. Reality, only different.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
This is what happens when little girls are attracted to idiots because they are "exciting". Bah...I have no sympathy for them when they get hurt and cheated on. Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM

232 posts, read 612,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
THANK you for pointing that out. I was waiting until I reached the end of the thread to do it and I'm GLAD, with this many posters, that at least someone else caught that.

OP,

You know, if your friend has been going on this way for three whole months now over a guy who cheated on her, dumped her and left her for the other woman (I get the sense they were merely dating, not married?) then WHILE I understand your frustration at seeing your friend in pain (here's the part where I get blunt) she's actually the one who needs a good slap.

I'm not saying she's not a great gal; she may be. I don't know her from Eve.

However, whatever her pain may be there comes a point when we have to recognize what IS rather than focusing on empty, unfulfillable wishes and fantasies and just Move The F*** On!

I'm not saying ignore her pain; emotional pain is real and can even have physical manifestation. What I AM saying is rather than dwell on some guy who's long gone that you want to punch, focus more on pushing your friend to get over this. It's one thing to experience pain and regret, to harbor hope that it can still be salvaged; quite another to drag it on for three months and still be crying over the matter.

Agreed, I think your friend is the one who needs the slap! Clearly this guy was a jerk but if they broke up 3 months ago, he isn't doing anything to her anymore. She needs the slap for dwelling on this.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionfruits View Post
My friend is constantly crying over a cheating jerk. I have only been introduce to him 4 times.
He cheated on her multiply times and left her. He already has another girlfriend but still crying over it hoping that he will come back.

I really want to punch him. Seriously he deserves it.

It's long while since I haven't been this angry before and I stopped lashing out on others since I was 14. I was a school bully (to more boys than girls) long ago. Sadly I would take advantage, knowing they wouldn't retaliate in return.

Anyways it's been a very long while since I changed and haven't resorted to violence but this jerk is pissing me off.
Honestly doesn't a cheating jerk who makes my friend cry and eat less deserves to get either slap or sock?
Can't stand seeing my friend like this.
Do not give into your desires. There are laws against assault and you will wind up in jail and this guy is not worth it.

It is best to give your friend lots of emotional support and help her get over it. She will in time.

His karma will eventually catch up with him. He will be his own undoing. You do not have to risk your freedom and your future to cause it to happen. It will happen without your intervention.

Help your friend. Be a good friend. Take care of her and help her get past this. That is the best thing that you can do.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,379,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
For real? Please tell me that you know you can go to jail for hitting someone. .....
Quite a few years ago, I punched someone who really needed it. I went to Jail (one night). A few years later, in self-defense I punched someone else and went to Jail (one night). I have learned that although there are a myriad of people who would benefit from punching, I do not like Jail.

I would recommend that the OP solicit other posters for constructive options.
Obviously, I am not a good role model.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionfruits View Post
My friend is constantly crying over a cheating jerk. I have only been introduce to him 4 times.
He cheated on her multiply times and left her. He already has another girlfriend but still crying over it hoping that he will come back.

I really want to punch him. Seriously he deserves it.

It's long while since I haven't been this angry before and I stopped lashing out on others since I was 14. I was a school bully (to more boys than girls) long ago. Sadly I would take advantage, knowing they wouldn't retaliate in return.

Anyways it's been a very long while since I changed and haven't resorted to violence but this jerk is pissing me off.
Honestly doesn't a cheating jerk who makes my friend cry and eat less deserves to get either slap or sock?
Can't stand seeing my friend like this.
He cheated on her multiple times you said and then finally left her he has someone else but your friend is still crying over a cheating loser who cheated on her more then once and then evidently kicked her to the curb? Excuse me.....

You want to punch him why? She was the one that stood with him after he cheated on her more then once and still wants him but he doesn't want her. Punch her in the face...

Leave him alone he didn't want her doesn't want her so move on and don't waste your time on him because obviously he ain't worth it. Don't go to jail for something so petty. Especially fighting a friend's battle who obviously can't fight her own. Please don't intervene I understand she is your friend and you care about her but he ain't worth punching

I just think you need to punch someone in the face or anywhere for that matter since you haven't done so in soooo long now go into the gym and punch the crap out of the punching bag instead.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
It is not worth it. Just continue supporting your friend. What happens if you do hit him, go to jail, and after all this she goes back with him like she has in the past. Then you are going to feel like a jerk and are going to want to hit your friend instead.

Leave it alone, it is her problem to deal with and as a friend you could give her emotional support.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Well since he's a guy, and a douchey one at that, he'd probably hit you back. And a lot harder than you could probably hit him. So, no, don't hit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships