Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 06:32 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,019,636 times

Advertisements

Some points (I just kind of skimmed this long thread)

1. If you have a big nose (guy) it is not a death sentence. There are many guys with 'big noses' who have women/are married. My bro used to resemble Al Pacino when he was younger, has a big nose, and women were all over him (no clue WHY but then again I am his sister..). My husband has a typically English nose and we joke about it but he's attractive to me...

2. If you are a nice guy and can't find a NICE girl, chances are she is sitting home because she doesn't do clubs, bars and the usual accepted outlets for meeting men. A lot of women are not comfortable in those venues. How you and she connect--I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 10:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,531,842 times
If you can't "find" someone, then you have to consider all the people you're passing up. People you see every day, but still overlook. For example, cashiers come in both genders and all ages. Waiters and waitresses--do you consider them? Or aren't you seeing them because you don't go out to restaraunts when single? Well, even fast food places have people of all ages working there.

But you maybe don't even give them a second look.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:37 AM

382 posts, read 757,163 times
He is right when he says it's too much work but if he makes all those mistakes, then you should clearly show that to him so at least he's out of the dating seen.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,881,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Speaking of noses, look at that guy Adrian Brody, chicks dig that guy, I know he's an actor but still.
I love that look. That guys nose is even crooked, but it doesn't bother me. Now Owen Wilson is another story, his funky nose bugs the heck out of me. I couldn't wake up every morning looking at that.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,945,428 times
Be lucky you dont look like the elephant man. Some women though thought he was hot. It takes all kinds.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 AM

20,577 posts, read 19,240,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
FACT: Good looking (even extremely) women don't look for good looking men.
Hi AC,

Many women do consider looks. It is however much more variable than with men.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Some points (I just kind of skimmed this long thread)

1. If you have a big nose (guy) it is not a death sentence. There are many guys with 'big noses' who have women/are married. My bro used to resemble Al Pacino when he was younger, has a big nose, and women were all over him (no clue WHY but then again I am his sister..). My husband has a typically English nose and we joke about it but he's attractive to me...

2. If you are a nice guy and can't find a NICE girl, chances are she is sitting home because she doesn't do clubs, bars and the usual accepted outlets for meeting men. A lot of women are not comfortable in those venues. How you and she connect--I don't know.
Hi GypsySoul22,

What do you say we assemble field agents backed up by a tactical team. We can just set up surveillance, and when we spot someone acting nice and living a single life style depending upon our profile metrics, we can dispatch those field agents. If they seem suitable by fact checking and field agent interaction, we can sent out a tactical team to hit them with a paint ball. There he or she is people. Go get em.

Stand still you decent fellow...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
I have a friend who can't ever get a woman. He's a nice guy, but it's pretty obvious why:

1. He's grossly overweight and does nothing about it.

2. He has a horrible, ratty haircut. Does nothing about it.

3. He's pretty negative, and if you ask him what's up, he will go on about everything bad or annoying that has happened lately.

4. He has a really boring job. That's not a problem. In fact, it may even be an interesting job in computer programming. Who knows? The problem is that he won't stop droning about the minute details of what he does or his latest projects to the point that you go searching for a gun to shoot yourself and end the misery.

5. He has no sense of appropriateness sometimes. Took me aside at my own wedding to catch me up on all his problems.

6. He has really, really geeky hobbies. I mean, really geeky. Which is fine. To each their own. But he will actively make fun of other people's hobbies and has said he would never take a girl dancing because he thinks dancing is dumb.

7. It's always about what's wrong with everyone else with little or no efforts towards self-improvement.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have a friend who can't ever get a woman. He's a nice guy, but it's pretty obvious why:

1. He's grossly overweight and does nothing about it.

2. He has a horrible, ratty haircut. Does nothing about it.

3. He's pretty negative, and if you ask him what's up, he will go on about everything bad or annoying that has happened lately.

4. He has a really boring job. That's not a problem. In fact, it may even be an interesting job in computer programming. Who knows? The problem is that he won't stop droning about the minute details of what he does or his latest projects to the point that you go searching for a gun to shoot yourself and end the misery.

5. He has no sense of appropriateness sometimes. Took me aside at my own wedding to catch me up on all his problems.

6. He has really, really geeky hobbies. I mean, really geeky. Which is fine. To each their own. But he will actively make fun of other people's hobbies and has said he would never take a girl dancing because he thinks dancing is dumb.

7. It's always about what's wrong with everyone else with little or no efforts towards self-improvement.
Hi stan4,

A reliable metric to identify Homo sapiens is that many of them do not attempt to attract mates and do actively repel them by a quixotic and prideful hubris.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times
i can find women-- in abundance-- that is all i do-- is find them.
then i go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships