Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM

437 posts, read 675,111 times

Advertisements

Hi Repubocrat,

My brother's friend was a decent looking Italian guy. He was into fitness and eventually had a steady union job and bought an SS Monti Carlo ostensibly to impress the ladies. I was 3 years younger and was with him once. He would cruise along in his car in the usual spots. All he would do is look. He could not close the door of a cookoo clock. I never saw him with a girl; its amazing. So many men are pathologically afraid of women

Rejection is a terrible and crushing blow on the psyche. Eventually, it becomes easier to not try because that's safer than trying only to be rejected, perhaps cruelly. In learning pickup, I've made 100's of approaches and most rejections are polite but every now and then I get a overly negative reaction for no reason, including one who shouted at the top of her lungs that I was a ******.

So many men stop approaching... gee I wonder why.

Last edited by Ameiko; 12-07-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1
Men just need to pass the threshold for looks.

And women don't, I take it...

I tihnk what was meant is that as long as a man has a certain level of looks, he's ok. Beyond that, it's all personality, confidence, wealth, status, etc... and those extra looks don't really help.

"Men who can't find women"? Is there really such a thing? I don't know one man ever who wanted a woman, but couldn't find one. I guess it maybe a little harder to find that special one, but if you're a man u can get a woman if you want one.

No offense, but you sound pretty clueless. I'm assuming that you're a woman based on the "SunQueen" title. Let me assure you that there are some guys who have a hard time getting laid. Ok, maybe we can get a fat and ugly woman but what would be the point? It's about getting a woman who is attractive or at least near our level of attractiveness.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Why would a man not want to have a woman in his life?

Often times, it's just easier to not have a woman in your life- less drama, less drain on your time, energy, and money, etc...

Some guys just have low sex drives. Some guys, after not getting laid for a long time (if ever), just get used to not having someone in their life and decide that it's easier to be alone than try to find someone.

For men, it's hard to get a woman. For many men it goes like this:

approach 100 women and get blown out by 2/3 (down to 34 women)
Of those 34 women, say 1/2 of them leave after 10 minutes (down to 17)
Out of those 17 women, half give you their number (down to 9)
Half of them flake (i.e. do not return a call) (down to 4)
100% of non-flakes agree to coffee
50% of those agree to a first date (down to 2)
505 of those make it to a third date and sex (down to one).

So, admittedly aribtrarily, a man has to approach 100 women to get laid by one and this is a ton of time, energy, and money. ****** the numbers around if you want but you see what a man has to do.

Let's look at women now. If she's modestly attractive:
She approaches a guy and tell him "I want to f*** your brains out."
Let's toss in a 50% chance that he's single. She has to approach 2 guys to be get laid.

Let's see: 100 to 2 (50 to 1) difference in sex between the two genders. I'm shocked that more men have not turned their back on dating.

Honestly, if I had no discovered pickup, I would have turned my back on the whole thing- too much hassle for often sub prime goods.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM

If John Goodman, Jack Black, and Chris Farley can get dates then so can you.

They are all celebrities with money. And Farley actually had major issues getting women. He used hookers mostly, in part because he was so insecure that he would often act the clown even at inappropriate times.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM

209 posts, read 657,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post

Let's toss in a 50% chance that he's single. She has to approach 2 guys to be get laid.

OMG i couldn't stop laughing when i read that.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Never speak ill of the dead. Chris Farley was a great person. Right up there with Mother Teresa and Oprah.

Quote:

They are all celebrities with money. And Farley actually had major issues getting women. He used hookers mostly, in part because he was so insecure that he would often act the clown even at inappropriate times.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM

127 posts, read 312,139 times
Quote:

Jack Black and Chris Farley both have/had sense of humors and personalities that are 10's on a scale of 1-10. That type of personality will always trump looks, although I think that they are both quite cute!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM

Never speak ill of the dead. Chris Farley was a great person. Right up there with Mother Teresa and Oprah.

*chuckle*

All seriousness though, using those people below as proof that unattractive men can get dates is just silly. Someone used a Madonna dating younger men to show that older women can date younger men and I was like, are you serious? She's wealthy and can use her connections to make you a star. Take those away and no one would be with her. Honestly, she's hideous now which is too bad because she used to be in my top 10 list of hotties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko

Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM

382 posts, read 758,467 times
Quote:
Why would a man not want to have a woman in his life?

Often times, it's just easier to not have a woman in your life- less drama, less drain on your time, energy, and money, etc...
A drama queen can ruin a life of a guy who is trying to enjoy his money and his time. Sometimes they never learn and make the same mistake over and over again, preferring the drama instead of the money.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejake21 View Post
OMG i couldn't stop laughing when I read that.
Actually with the latest Tiger revelations, I think her chances would be more like 80%! Now THAT'S funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships