Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,579,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
One of my personal faves is the phrase "asked to kiss her"! You don't friggin' ask! You kiss!
Thank you Sierra!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 08:19 PM

20,568 posts, read 19,222,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a total LOSER but he is not a LOSER, actually he is a very smart dude, but he has some "issues" that can totally prevent a man from finding a good woman or any woman for that matter:

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!

Hi Repubocrat,

Iwould say that he is not a winner. Personality matters a lot to a woman. Men just need to pass the threshold for looks. Then its everything else. He actively repulses women IMHO.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-05-2009 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 08:23 PM

904 posts, read 2,863,150 times
Sounds like your friend is just socially inept. Well, very socially inept. I'm pretty bad at meeting women myself, but I'd never do any of those things. I mean...calling several times per day? Asking for a kiss (or, worse yet, a one-night stand)? I thought people only did that stuff on TV shows.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
The reason why I started this thread is because there are many people like him out there. I mean, this guy has a pretty good job, very hard working, extremely bright, not bad looking BUT obviously socially inept. He could be your next door neighbor, just like that guy in Pittsburgh who did the massacre at the LA Fitness, totally normal looking guy but kinda had the same issues as my friend.

Hi Repubocrat,

My brother's friend was a decent looking Italian guy. He was into fitness and eventually had a steady union job and bought an SS Monti Carlo ostensibly to impress the ladies. I was 3 years younger and was with him once. He would cruise along in his car in the usual spots. All he would do is look. He could not close the door of a cookoo clock. I never saw him with a girl; its amazing. So many men are pathologically afraid of women.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:32 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,076,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Repubocrat,

Men just need to pass the threshold for looks.
WHich is not always the easeist thing to do either for some of us

Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,920,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Men just need to pass the threshold for looks.
And women don't, I take it...

Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM

17,609 posts, read 22,519,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
One of my personal faves is the phrase "asked to kiss her"! You don't friggin' ask! You kiss!

Danke Schon Fraulein...JaWohl..Si...Da...Wie...Yes

Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,316,119 times
Quote:
Most guys like my friend DO NOT know why they can't find a woman. Obviously, if they did, they would be working on trying to improve themselves, right? Who the HELL would want to go like fifteen years without a relationship. If all guys knew what they needed to do, they would take action!
Can't you clue him in a bit??

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,277,790 times
"Men who can't find women"? Is there really such a thing? I don't know one man ever who wanted a woman, but couldn't find one. I guess it maybe a little harder to find that special one, but if you're a man u can get a woman if you want one.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
WHich is not always the easeist thing to do either for some of us
Hi JBT1980,

Not if you date in your own class. Shooting for the moon is going fail. Get a good idea of what you really are capable of pulling off. There are a lot of girls out there not getting all the attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships