Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 PM

55 posts, read 78,802 times

Advertisements

So I'm in college right now and there was this cute guy in my computer science class that I noticed the first week. We've never spoke but we've made eye contact quite a few times so I figured he would remember me. (I'm also 1/4 girls in the whole class) He was sitting alone in the library today and we have an assignment due on Tuesday and I really needed help so I literally just walked up to him and introduced myself. He was really friendly and helped me with the homework.

I really want to exchange numbers somehow but I don't know how to go about doing that. What are the chances he would ask me for mine? Haha, any advice? Should I just be really friendly? I want him to know I'm kind of interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,407,216 times
I say just go for it.. Guys that age can still get kind of nervous about asking girls out, so make the first move. The next time you have a test in your class, ask him about getting together and studying and just go from there.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Just ask for it and say it's for future homework assignments.I may be dating myself but don't professors pass a paper around for #'s to reach the students? Steal that. Lol

Old 10-20-2014, 07:33 PM

92 posts, read 100,280 times
Just do what my now "coworker-lady friend" did.

"hey whats your number?"

Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just ask for it and say it's for future homework assignments.I may be dating myself but don't professors pass a paper around for #'s to reach the students? Steal that. Lol
This will work. Just ask something along the lines of, 'I appreciate your help. Can I call you in the future if I have more questions? What's your #? Let me text you my #.' Something like that will work. I can't think of many ways in which it's awkward for a girl to ask for a guy's # while offering hers to him.

Speaking from a guy's perspective, I'd imagine he'd be more than happy to give it to you haha! GL!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
This will work. Just ask something along the lines of, 'I appreciate your help. Can I call you in the future if I have more questions? What's your #? Let me text you my #.' Something like that will work. I can't think of many ways in which it's awkward for a girl to ask for a guy's # while offering hers to him.

Speaking from a guy's perspective, I'd imagine he'd be more than happy to give it to you haha! GL!
Lol, you can say this again.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:13 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randabanana View Post
So I'm in college right now and there was this cute guy in my computer science class that I noticed the first week. We've never spoke but we've made eye contact quite a few times so I figured he would remember me. (I'm also 1/4 girls in the whole class) He was sitting alone in the library today and we have an assignment due on Tuesday and I really needed help so I literally just walked up to him and introduced myself. He was really friendly and helped me with the homework.

I really want to exchange numbers somehow but I don't know how to go about doing that. What are the chances he would ask me for mine? Haha, any advice? Should I just be really friendly? I want him to know I'm kind of interested.
just find a reason to text with him, and say "hey can you text me that" or "can i text you xyz?", maybe even to ask him any homework questions "would you mind if i text you if i have any questions about abc?"

Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Since he already helped you ask for his number so that you can call him for future help if he didn’t mind because he clearly explained the subject material to you better than anyone else. This way you can call on the pretext of a computer question that will ultimately have you two together in the computer lab again. When he shows up suggest you get some coffee at the student center to get caffeined up for the assignment and before you know it you’ll be blabbing away in the student center maybe for hours. This worked on a college sweetheart of mine as we were both computer majors and took classes together. The fast food place had a plastic coffee cup with unlimited refills as long as you used there cup so we both drank gallons of coffee there and chatted away for hours. We dated for a while, etc.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
I literally just walked up to him and introduced myself.
In like fashion, you can literally just walk up to him and ask.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:

When you see him in the library again or in class hand him your number and tell him he really helped you a lot with the assignment and you would like to get to know him better.
Then tell him to give a call if he would like to go and get a coffee and study or meet at the library and study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships