U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 3,047,178 times
Reputation: 1427

Advertisements

Have you ever had a gut-feeling about a person eventhough logically everything looked fine on the outside, ignored the feeling, and ended up regretting it? How important is intuition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 22,967,790 times
Reputation: 24035
I say, go with your gut instinct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
 
Location: The Jar
20,068 posts, read 14,908,615 times
Reputation: 36852
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Have you ever had a gut-feeling about a person eventhough logically everything looked fine on the outside, ignored the feeling, and ended up regretting it? How important is intuition?
Heck yes! I can't stress enough, how very important it is!!

GO WITH YOUR GUT!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,717 posts, read 45,443,970 times
Reputation: 25146
Yeah when I sat down with him at a table on a date and he told me"You know I am not used to wearing clothes" :O I knew it would be a weird date when first we went bowling...I love bowling but not many of my dates took me there. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
 
5,008 posts, read 7,994,772 times
Reputation: 5717
Nope. With that I've always been right. If I got a strange feeling from someone, I made sure I had nothing to do with them.

If anyone can teach their kids anything, it's to trust their gut when it comes to situations and people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,717 posts, read 45,443,970 times
Reputation: 25146
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Nope. With that I've always been right. If I got a strange feeling from someone, I made sure I had nothing to do with them.

If anyone can teach their kids anything, it's to trust their gut when it comes to situations and people.
I agree I think its our internal defense mechnism to deciphor other around us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
 
11,748 posts, read 14,781,900 times
Reputation: 19392
I'm an observer by nature so I read people as best I can before ever interacting with them. There was a new guy who came around my group of friends and I didn't care for him. I avoided him as best I could, but was civil for the most part. After months of that, and my friends telling me I should give him a chance, I did. It was great until we all found out that he was talking **** about everyone to everyone else. I guess he thought we wouldn't tell each other? Weird.

My friends never questioned me again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,717 posts, read 45,443,970 times
Reputation: 25146
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm an observer by nature so I read people as best I can before ever interacting with them. There was a new guy who came around my group of friends and I didn't care for him. I avoided him as best I could, but was civil for the most part. After months of that, and my friends telling me I should give him a chance, I did. It was great until we all found out that he was talking **** about everyone to everyone else. I guess he thought we wouldn't tell each other? Weird.

My friends never questioned me again.
Wow the people at my work do that all the time! Pmo!!!! The bosses do it too! really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Sunny Florida
7,136 posts, read 11,221,209 times
Reputation: 9478
I've learned the hard way that my gut is always right. The times when I've not followed my gut instincts have been disastrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
 
25,163 posts, read 49,097,407 times
Reputation: 6976
I go with the body language and tone of voice as indicators of a person's character and intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top