Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
Missed your cutoff by one inch!
Oh for Pete's sake -- it's not like I MEASURE them!

ooops, that sounded naughty, didn't it? Hahahahaha

Old 01-21-2010, 03:41 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
I didn't read this whole thread but I'm about 5 foot 7 inches and really don't have any hangups about it but I have noticed that when you read ads in the personals the great majority of women even if they're shorter than average for women will list their height requirement as being much taller than they are and it's common to see ads where they're looking for someone at least six feet tall.
I remember watching a news report on television about a study that was conducted somewhere in Eastern Europe and it was their opinion that the reason the population is getting taller is simply due to sexual selection and the fact that tall men on average have more children than short men and end up passing along their genetics to their children so that eventually the general population's average height tends to increase. I have no doubt that's true.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM

339 posts, read 2,205,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
No, they don't. I am 5'7 (if I'm lucky), but in good shape and very young-looking for my age. I only get fat chicks it seems. Even the cute short girls (5'2) want dudes who are 6'0 and above.

Height is probably in the top 3 traits that a woman desires. Those who deny that are delusional or outright lying. I'd kill to be 5'9...or better yet 6'2. I would get more ass than a toilet seat.
I agree with this. I'm 5 foot 6 (count your blessings buddy haha), and I too think that even if I was 5 foot 8, it would help me out quite a bit. Right now, I'm probably right around average height of girls (I know official stats say its 5 foot 4.5, but the younger generation is a lot taller...I feel that at least 40-45% of girls in my age group are taller than me), but what can you do?

Just get a job at KKR/Blackstone/TPG and make bank. Then you'll be 6 foot 2 once you're standing on your wallet and taller than most girls in heels.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Is this lack of confidence still going on for you shorter guys? Check this out !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eky-JBsMclQ

Old 01-21-2010, 05:08 PM

379 posts, read 512,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
I agree with this. I'm 5 foot 6 (count your blessings buddy haha), and I too think that even if I was 5 foot 8, it would help me out quite a bit. Right now, I'm probably right around average height of girls (I know official stats say its 5 foot 4.5, but the younger generation is a lot taller...I feel that at least 40-45% of girls in my age group are taller than me), but what can you do?

Just get a job at KKR/Blackstone/TPG and make bank. Then you'll be 6 foot 2 once you're standing on your wallet and taller than most girls in heels.
If it bothers you that much, get elevator shoes and you'll be 5'8"!

Sure its a little harder being short, but for every short guy out there, like myself, I count my blessings that I have both arms, both legs, a full head of hair, and good overall health. I'll take being 5'5" and in good health if it means a few girls that might be cute won't talk to me because of my height. Theres a lot of guys who have it much tougher than the guy whose only strike against him is being 5'6" or less.

This isn't meant for you because I don't know you, but in general, if a girl wants a taller dude to feel secure, if you are shorter, bulk up a little muscle and that might make up for it. Just don't be a meathead like those guys on Jersey Shore- I don't think the average nice girl is looking for a meathead like that! Then again, who knows. Half the guys down the shore around here look like those guidos and they get girls.....

Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss90 View Post
I'm 5"8-5"9 tall ..do women date shorter guys..? or no way ..
will be interesting to hear women opinion.

Do women date shorter guys...?
No.

There are all shapes and sizes of people out there. And as statistical averages go, shorter men can find loving companions with shorter women, and will forever gripe and complain about how they are cheated out of the majority of the population to choose from with their disadvantage to height. While average height women are usually interested in taller men, and fairly formidable opponents to challenge on their preferences.

It doesn't matter if you're only an inch shorter than me. That means I still look like a moose standing next to you on a date wearing even 2 inch heals!

Short guys are great. Some of my best friends are short guys. ..but that doesn't mean I would want to actively date any of them.

Are there a lot more shorter men joining CD Data Land lately? There sure seem to be a ton of these threads popping up, all with the same question on the somewhat debilitating shorter-side of dating. - If you're looking for justification, or validation for being depressed, you've come to the right place! There are things about everyone that someone or other won't find desirable. Just keep plugging along till you find someone you like, and stop worrying about whether they'll like you for what you're not.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM

379 posts, read 512,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
No.

There are all shapes and sizes of people out there. And as statistical averages go, shorter men can find loving companions with shorter women, and will forever gripe and complain about how they are cheated out of the majority of the population to choose from with their disadvantage to height. While average height women are usually interested in taller men, and fairly formidable opponents to challenge on their preferences.

It doesn't matter if you're only an inch shorter than me. That means I still look like a moose standing next to you on a date wearing even 2 inch heals!

Short guys are great. Some of my best friends are short guys. ..but that doesn't mean I would want to actively date any of them.

Are there a lot more shorter men joining CD Data Land lately? There sure seem to be a ton of these threads popping up, all with the same question on the somewhat debilitating shorter-side of dating. - If you're looking for justification, or validation for being depressed, you've come to the right place! There are things about everyone that someone or other won't find desirable. Just keep plugging along till you find someone you like, and stop worrying about whether they'll like you for what you're not.
Maybe I misunderstood the question. I think you are absolutely right that women generally don't date guys that are shorter than them. I can understand that completely. I read it as "can short guys still get women". I think the answer to that is resoundingly yes- just shorter than them women!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
I want to date a woman taller than me.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I am 5'0" so it has never been an issue for me. The last guy I dated was 6'6", and he did not treat me well. I'd be more than happy to give a shorter guy a chance.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 AM

15 posts, read 38,170 times
... like size matters??? haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships