Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,696,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Well. Then it's too bad for you (assuming you're a real person).

Because the shallow men won't touch you because you're ugly on the outside.

And non-shallow guys won't touch you because you're ugly on the inside.

Have fun not dating...

I am a real person, one that you don't know either way. And your post is a really good example of why I don't think men are worth their weight in salt let alone worth dating at this rate. They can dish it out but can't ever handle it. On one hand you're trying to 'prove' how great men are and on the other telling me I'm "ugly on the outside" and "on the inside." LOL, how ironic. Enjoy your life whether you date or not.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,801,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Well I've seen women get smacked around and impregnated and deserted by jerks. And when I see one of my female friends date another jerk who obviously does not give two flying you know what's about her, I ask why. Her reply? He's so talll!!
Stupidity isn't gender-specific.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,534,256 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here though. Men will touch anything that is available regardless of how they look on the outside. And honestly most men don't care about the inside haha. But women are really picky about the outside and relatively pickier than men about the inside.
I've experienced the opposite. The guys I've been around are downright horrible to unattractive women. I've been laughed at to my face by strangers because I'm 'ugly' or 'too tall'.

As far as men 'touching anything that's available' I hope you know that most women aren't flattered by that. It just means that a man is going to use her and move on to the next person.

The fact that you stay you don't care about the inside says loads about why you aren't successful with women

Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM

296 posts, read 570,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've experienced the opposite. The guys I've been around are downright horrible to unattractive women. I've been laughed at to my face by strangers because I'm 'ugly' or 'too tall'.

As far as men 'touching anything that's available' I hope you know that most women aren't flattered by that. It just means that a man is going to use her and move on to the next person.

The fact that you stay you don't care about the inside says loads about why you aren't successful with women
Not talking about myself, just generalities. We should go out.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM

12,098 posts, read 16,981,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I am a real person, one that you don't know either way. And your post is a really good example of why I don't think men are worth their weight in salt let alone worth dating at this rate. They can dish it out but can't ever handle it. On one hand you're trying to 'prove' how great men are and on the other telling me I'm "ugly on the outside" and "on the inside." LOL, how ironic. Enjoy your life whether you date or not.
I don't represent men. I represent people.

And I don't 'dish it out'...

Search my posts if you don't believe me.

You complain about how men are so shallow and that is the one and only reason why you have had no relationship for all of your years.

Yet, you refuse to date a man who is lower than 5'9" when you are only 5'7". You don't see the irony in your mentality.

I took it out on you a little bit. I realize that a lot of people think this way. I absolutely abhor it.

Guys who are like 28 and never had a girlfriend and have only had sex with hookers and who complain that women are so shallow but refuse to date 'fat chicks'.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:

You complain about how men are so shallow and that is the one and only reason why you have had no relationship for all of your years.

Yet, you refuse to date a man who is lower than 5'9" when you are only 5'7". You don't see the irony in your mentality.

I took it out on you a little bit. I realize that a lot of people think this way. I absolutely abhor it.

Guys who are like 28 and never had a girlfriend and have only had sex with hookers and who complain that women are so shallow but refuse to date 'fat chicks'.
Jobaba, I appreciate all of your posts. Unlike me and many other posters, you actually don't let personal emotion affect what you want to express. But do you really think overweight women are like short men? One deals with lifestyle (and I'm referring to obese women, not big boned gals) choices and the other you are born with.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM

I can understand why a man would not want to date a fat woman. Why would they want a girl who personally doesn't care about her health? It's a self-destructive personality.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,534,256 times
Quote:
I can understand why a man would not want to date a fat woman. Why would they want a girl who personally doesn't care about her health? It's a self-destructive personality.
I won't date a guy who makes fun of 'fat chicks'.

I used to be very thin, but I have a genetic disorder and the medication I take makes it near impossible to lose weight, no matter how hard I work. That, with my hypothyroidism keeps my weight higher than I would like it.

I can still run a 6 minute mile and go on a 30 mile bike ride without a problem. I'm very healthy but apparently the only way to judge a persons health is by their weight.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 PM

12,098 posts, read 16,981,808 times
Quote:
Jobaba, I appreciate all of your posts. Unlike me and many other posters, you actually don't let personal emotion affect what you want to express. But do you really think overweight women are like short men? One deals with lifestyle (and I'm referring to obese women, not big boned gals) choices and the other you are born with.
That's not where I was going.

Both are generally undesirable characteristics. My point was, if you're having trouble finding people who are attracted to you physically, then for look for people who appreciate you on the inside. From my experience, if you work this way, you may find yourself with everything you want. The women I have dated have been pretty decent looking I'd say. I've definitely been shot down for my looks by women who were MUCH less attractive.

I'm lucky though... I've never really cared about looks as long as I can remember, so dating an overweight woman wouldn't be a problem for me. I've never done it though.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,696,161 times
Quote:

You don't dish it out? Didn't you just tell me how ugly I was inside and out? (Despite the fact you don't know me from Adam). Far as I'm concerned you DO represent men, you illustrate how i constantly say men are very good as long as you agree with them but they show you the other side when you don't. Like clockwork. Also, I never said that "men being shallow is the SOLE reason I have not had a relationship." The fact that they like certain types of women more then others has been a huge part of it, but it's not the only reason.
I'm not buying this idea that people should take whatever they can get and 'beggars can't be choosers' where a partner is concerned. If a man is a 28 year old virgin and isn't attracted to fat women, no he should not "have" to accept one if that is not what he's attracted to in the first place. I have said that repeatedly. I feel men are shallow mostly because they feel free to put a lot of stipulations on the types of women they want but have a problem when women do the same. I feel women need to start doing the same thing and have no qualms about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships