Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 02:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times

Advertisements

Do you think women (or even men too) pay too much heed to their "women's intuition?" It's happened to me quite a lot. I'm a nice guy but being a salsa teacher women artificially generate this "gut instinct" that I'm this sleazy player. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm looking fir a long term relationship that will hopefully lead to marriage.

Have you noticed that trend too? Are women too much a slave to their instincts? Do they ignore a ton of logical evidence just because they feel an ounce of instinct?

Oh, and stories of people's success with instinct just make it worse. I don't want to hear how your mom tried to fix you up with the preacher's son and your gut instinct told you he was no good. Then you found out that ge was a devil worshiper.

I would MUCH rather hear stories about people who found that their gut instinct was WRONG!

EDIT: AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I only cited my experience as an example. I'm not asking for advice. I want to know what you think about women's intuition. Is it real or are women confusing assumption with intuition?

Last edited by smartalx; 12-06-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Maybe you are reading them wrong? Maybe they just don't want to date a dance teacher that is touching other women all day long. Do they come flat out and say that you seem sleazy? And sometimes outside people see in you what you don't see in yourself yet.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
If anything I think they don't listen to it enough. I think they let their emotions take over and that's what they usually end up listening to. Not their head, not their instincts, their emotions. Your instincts will never steer you wrong. Your head, your heart, your emotions, yes, they can.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Old 12-06-2009, 02:56 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Ok so do they say it flat out?

Old 12-06-2009, 03:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
To answer the question, obviously yeah.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Something tells me a great many people don't know the difference between their instincts, their head and their emotions. It takes a lot of insight...mistakes...learning experiences to get it and even then it's not that easily acknowledged or trusted.
I think you are right about people not knowing the difference between their head, emotion, and instinct. But I don't think that instinct is always right either. That presumes some mystical "knowing." That your subconscious mind is somehow knowledgeable of things you couldn't find out immediately. While it's true that your subconscious mind can pick up on subtle signals and process them much quicker than your active mind can, it doesn't have the capability to process information it hasn't received yet. So it can most certainly be wrong on occasion.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
I think you are right about people not knowing the difference between their head, emotion, and instinct. But I don't think that instinct is always right either. That presumes some mystical "knowing." That your subconscious mind is somehow knowledgeable of things you couldn't find out immediately. While it's true that your subconscious mind can pick up on subtle signals and process them much quicker than your active mind, it doesn't have the capability to process information it hasn't received yet. So it can most certainly be wrong on occasion.
Heavy...

Old 12-06-2009, 03:51 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Do you think women (or even men too) pay too much heed to their "women's intuition?" It's happened to me quite a lot. I'm a nice guy but being a salsa teacher women artificially generate this "gut instinct" that I'm this sleazy player. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm looking fir a long term relationship that will hopefully lead to marriage.

Have you noticed that trend too? Are women too much a slave to their instincts? Do they ignore a ton of logical evidence just because they feel an ounce of instinct?

Oh, and stories of people's success with instinct just make it worse. I don't want to hear how your mom tried to fix you up with the preacher's son and your gut instinct told you he was no good. Then you found out that ge was a devil worshiper.

I would MUCH rather hear stories about people who found that their gut instinct was WRONG!

EDIT: AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I only cited my experience as an example. I'm not asking for advice. I want to know what you think about women's intuition. Is it real or are women confusing assumption with intuition?
That's not gut instinct when women think you are sleazy player. That's just an assumption based on a small number of facts about you.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
That's not gut instinct when women think you are sleazy player. That's just an assumption based on a small number of facts about you.
THANK YOU - that's what I've been trying to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships