Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times

Advertisements

Hey your taller than me? Sweeeeet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 11:43 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,382 times
Well I guess all of us women that are more than 15 pounds overweight should just be thankful that society hasn't asked us to stay out of sight or put bags over our bodies to enter the public. I consider myself very successful in my career and would challenge my intelligence up against many. Thankfully the people I associate with could care less how many pounds overweight I might be.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:00 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Better late than never in contributing to this thread... especially since it started out as a question for guys to answer. I'm only five feet nothing, and weigh mmmmffff. Actually, the real answer is around 125. Yes, a little too much in my waist and hips... But not awful. My question is, why can't we put weight on where we need it?! I'm an "A" cup... Padded bras are my friend! 'Nuff said.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:55 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Because we all know where you ladies would put it! And we can't have 20 million ladies running around with perfect parts. Guys need variety?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:55 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,516,220 times
Default Curves....good

I am a sucker for short girls...and short hair. But too skinny is just not attractive. I saw the term Ruebenesque used. IMO that is fine as long as the girl is healthy. It is obvious when a woman takes care of herself regardless of her shape...that in itself is very attractive.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Better late than never in contributing to this thread... especially since it started out as a question for guys to answer. I'm only five feet nothing, and weigh mmmmffff. Actually, the real answer is around 125. Yes, a little too much in my waist and hips... But not awful. My question is, why can't we put weight on where we need it?! I'm an "A" cup... Padded bras are my friend! 'Nuff said.
SandyCo, just remember contrary to the adage of whether the cup is half full, or half empty, suffice it to say we men prefer the bra off and lying on the floor next to the bed, padded or otherwise. As far as not being able to put weight where you need it, we men have a similar question in regards to hair. I have to believe that God has a sense of humor and thinks it's funny to move the hair from a man's head and put it in non-babe-magnet places like in his ears, nose and various parts of the back.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Default Book and it's cover.

Packaging my be the initial attraction but what's inside totally matters the most for me.

As for skinny versus fuller figured, proportion matters most. A curve is a curve is a curve, at least for me. My wife never believes me when I tell her she still looks great. But while her figure has changed in the nearly twenty years we've been together her curves are still curves where they ought to be.

And lastly, attitude, the way a woman carries herself is everything. A little confidence can overcome almost anything in my book. It's what attracted me to my wife initially and what continues to keep my eyes locked on her when she enters a room. It's long been my opinion that a woman who sees herself as being sexy usually is.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Tall. Six foot would be nice

Skinny - no. I always think anyone that's too thin, either by design or not - looks sick. I want a woman with curves, not angles.

Smart. There are no options in this regard.

Hair color. It doesn't really matter anymore. It'll change next week anyway!

Now with that list I will tell you I have been madly in love with my best friend and wife for 38 years. She is just a tad over 5 feet tall, curvy, and smart as a whip.

Apparently height hasn't got much to do with the decision after all...

Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Even as a kid, I found myself more attracted to voluptuous or "thick" young ladies. As an adult, I've fully realized my attraction to larger ladies or Big Beautiful Women (the politically correct term in those social circles). I still have an appreciation for those with slender, athletic figures... but at the end of the day, I prefer to cuddle up with a real life-size body pillow!

And oh yeah: intelligence, sense of humor, compatibility, blah, blah blah. (hehe)

Old 05-21-2007, 01:40 PM

219 posts, read 718,029 times
I don't consider beauty a trait comprised solely of weight or physical attributes. It is a gestalt concept comprised of many things. I have found many girls considered "large" or "overweight" to be beautiful in my opinion. I've also found many girls who "just average" to be more attractive that a girl with an atheletic body type.

Attraction is subjective - what one finds beautiful is not able to be generalized to the entire population. For every body type, for every personality type - there is someone who finds it attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships