Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,004,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Exactly! this is the comfort level all relationships should be at. If they were perhaps we'd have less divorces.
Well, sadly, due to other HUGE factors our marriage pretty much sucks. I haven't had sex in two years now and believe me, my flirtation with other women is a lot more direct and brazen these days. I kept it in rein for a long time, until I found out she was talking to a lot of guys online well into our dating and marriage, and that she was hiding a lot of other stuff from me.

We communicate little these days but I assume she still has her flirtations going on, possibly even dalliances (though in her defense I don't KNOW this to be fact). I'm making no move to divorce since I don't stand much chance for custody, so I figure she does what she does and I ... well, I flirt for ego and let it go at that.

But I have to admit, she wouldn't like the level my own flirtation has stepped up to even though I haven't done anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 08:33 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,296,213 times
Where does he work? Are they hiring? I have a large muscular belly and would love to get hit on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
My husband gets hit on all the time by his customers which are 95% women. Some have outright propositioned him even though he is sporting a wedding band. He works out and has a large, muscular physique and the women he encounters are always commenting on how he looks. I can imagine some of the things said that he doesn't tell me about but I know who he is coming home to and I make sure home is happy.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:41 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,313,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Where does he work? Are they hiring? I have a large muscular belly and would love to get hit on.

LOL....I'm sure you get your share Mr. Cat, if not, you should purr louder!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,182,744 times
Nope, but she might not care for what I *think* about some gals.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,477,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
In my office there is quite a bit of banter between coworkers of the opposite sex. Most are married. Some of it is outright flirting, others is sexual jokes and others is close workplace friendships of people of the opposite sex.

I wonder what their spouses would think if they overheard what was said.

Do you ever say anything to a person of the opposite sex that you would be embarrassed about if your husband or wife overheard?

Nope. Though I do like to joke around and mildly flirt, it's never anything I wouldn't do or say in front of my husband.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,406,507 times
When i worked real estate, I sure did, it started getting on my nerves, the MARRIED MEN MIND YOU And i am married also. Were the ones hitting on me like crazy. If their wives knew the kinds of things they talked about, cause i heard it all, they would probably kill there husbands, or divorce, but BOYS WILL BE BOYS. I got use to it, but was very self consious of what i wore to work, but i am not going to change my way of dressing because some married men cannot control themselves, that is there problem not mine. I got hit on very bad by one person in particular, long story short, he wanted me more then just helping him sell houses. I ended up quitting that job. Believe me some of things that go on in a work place between Men and Women i have seen it all, and the single gals falling over so many of the married men. There were late night calls to their spouses, telling them they had to work late, when they were taking the cute little single ladies to Dinner, things do go on in the workplace, just have to stand your guard and be tough. Not all workplaces and not all People but i have experienced it first hand.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:07 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,410,379 times
I was just texing with a female acquaintance and got blasted at home

Old 03-02-2014, 10:48 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,380,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I've been rather a flirt for many years now and typically mean nothing by it. I've always been able to deliver a compliment to a woman and will do so easily -- and as I age, I've noted brazen and occasional bouts of shameless.

My wife got used to it a long time ago and has even complimented me on my quips.

A prime example:

A young woman of moderate appearance was trying to get some items in a crowded grocery store. She was much younger than I and clearly the self-conscious sort, appearing shy and rather demure.

As she passed in front of me to get another armful of what she was after, she apologized to me for her passage, to which I responded "You could walk back and forth in front of me all day long and I wouldn't complain."

Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Once she left, my wife said "You probably made her day with that."

Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,874,516 times
NO. I really try to keep my relationships with women at arms length and not very personal, and certainly not sexual in any way shape or form.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:05 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,425,680 times
Due to life I cannot avoid all people at all times...that's just the nature of the society we live and work within. I will generally joke and carry on wih people as long as it is in good fun, but the second it takes on or is based around personal intent or a show or personalized feelings I remove myself from the situation.

Experience has taught me where their is smoke in people's behaviors their is always a fire looming when the right wind picks up regardless of what the other says their true intentions are in their behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships